Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
RMc
All Star Starter

There is also one bonus player that I added for fun...someone with only one career PA.

I'll bet I can guess who it is...(downloads)...yep!

Great set!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #22
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Are there L/R splits?
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #23
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
There is also one bonus player that I added for fun...someone with only one career PA.

I'll bet I can guess who it is...(downloads)...yep!

Great set!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggans1 View Post
Are there L/R splits?
Yes.

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.

Last edited by Captain Walrus; 04-14-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Thanks, looking forward to it. Will download soon.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #25
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Guys how do I download this? To where in my league. And where does it appear as an option when i open the game. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #26
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You reeled me in!

The other night (unable to sleep) I was cruising the internet looking at different baseball sims to see what was new. I've been a long time user of another sim and was just curious to see if anything better was out there. I had previously purchased two other products but soon abandoned them for various reasons. I looked at OOTP and was about to pass when I decided to peruse the forums. I found your topic and immediately was interested. The work you have done is the way I like to use players. Single year all-stars are OK but using multi-year stats just feels right for an organization of all-stars. So I ordered OOTP 11 which I've just downloaded and will install. I'll take some time to get familiar with the game, install your mod and hopefully have many hours of enjoyment. Once I get up to speed I hope to use your roster of players to set up my own organization (for which I have 24 teams champing at the bit for players). Thank you for all the work you have put into this mod. Contributors like yourself make life great for the rest of us.
Mac
sfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #27
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmac View Post
The other night (unable to sleep) I was cruising the internet looking at different baseball sims to see what was new. I've been a long time user of another sim and was just curious to see if anything better was out there. I had previously purchased two other products but soon abandoned them for various reasons. I looked at OOTP and was about to pass when I decided to peruse the forums. I found your topic and immediately was interested. The work you have done is the way I like to use players. Single year all-stars are OK but using multi-year stats just feels right for an organization of all-stars. So I ordered OOTP 11 which I've just downloaded and will install. I'll take some time to get familiar with the game, install your mod and hopefully have many hours of enjoyment. Once I get up to speed I hope to use your roster of players to set up my own organization (for which I have 24 teams champing at the bit for players). Thank you for all the work you have put into this mod. Contributors like yourself make life great for the rest of us.
Mac
Wow! Awesome! I hope you enjoy this roster set!

ALSO
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #28
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggans1 View Post
Guys how do I download this? To where in my league. And where does it appear as an option when i open the game. Thanks in advance.
Go here: 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download All-Timers League.zip and click on the blue Download Now button.

Once you've downloaded the file, open it. There should be a folder inside called All-Timers League.quick or something like that. Copy that folder to the quick-starts folder in OOTP (in Windows XP, it's in My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP11).

When you start up OOTP11, go to New Game from Quickstart.

ALSO
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #29
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ballparks

Do you have any plans to provide ballparks for the teams and if so, any idea when this might be available? Also, would the ballparks come complete with player coordinates, park factors, etc.?
Like what I've seen so far.
Mac
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #30
JPW
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
I created a modified Lahman database with each players' six best seasons.
Any chance of posting the Modified Database for download ?

In any case ...

Thanks for your work on the Quick Start it looks like it will be very interesting.
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #31
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Do you have any plans to provide ballparks for the teams and if so, any idea when this might be available? Also, would the ballparks come complete with player coordinates, park factors, etc.?
Like what I've seen so far.
Mac
Yes, I'm working on the ballparks. At first, the park factors screwed up the stats too much, so I took them out until I could get them where I want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW View Post
Any chance of posting the Modified Database for download ?

In any case ...

Thanks for your work on the Quick Start it looks like it will be very interesting.
Sure, I could do that sometime in the future. There's nothing in there that isn't in this set, though.

ALSO
Old 04-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #32
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cw fyi

Just completed a season using your ATBL and the Birmingham Black Barons defeated the Pittsburgh Alleghenys 4 games to 3 to become world champions. Great season! Just thought you might appreciate.
Thanks again for a fantastic game. Now I need to figure out how to use your players in a game I want to create.
Mac
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #33
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Just completed a season using your ATBL and the Birmingham Black Barons defeated the Pittsburgh Alleghenys 4 games to 3 to become world champions. Great season! Just thought you might appreciate.
Thanks again for a fantastic game. Now I need to figure out how to use your players in a game I want to create.
Mac
Awesome! I finally started playing my own set (aside from testing sims). I'm playing as the Los Angeles Dodgers and playing out every game. I'm almost done with April, and I'm 10-9.

Creating a new league with my players is very doable. Create a new game from my quick-start and go to the OOTP menu and click on "Game Setup." You'll find a lot of tools to edit the league in there, such as "Release all players & schedule inaugural draft." What kind of league are you thinking about?

ALSO

Last edited by Captain Walrus; 04-18-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #34
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My league

I'm creating a new league called the US Baseball Association. It will consist of two leagues (Eastern and Western) and each league will have two divisions (EL - Atlantic and Central, WL - Plains and Pacific). Each division will contain 6 teams which are named mostly after major league cities (exceptions are Portland and New Orleans). The nicknames are all pretty much fictional though most are based on historical team names usually associated with that city (Portland Beavers, New Orleans Jazz, etc).
Once the organization is done, I will draft players you've created from a free agent pool. I want to draft specific players to specific teams (AL players to Eastern league teams, NL players to Western League teams) as this was done in another sim I used for the past few years. After playing with this approach for a while I may decide to go for a free-for-all draft in another version.
So far it appears I'm going to have a lot of fun creating and playing with my league setup. You've done the hard part with your player file.
Mac

P.S. It looks like I may have to re-designate roles for some of your pitchers. Rod Beck is a closer not a middle reliever! (LOL)

Last edited by sfmac; 04-18-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: afterthought
sfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My league

I'm creating a new league called the US Baseball Association. It will consist of two leagues (Eastern and Western) and each league will have two divisions (EL - Atlantic and Central, WL - Plains and Pacific). Each division will contain 6 teams which are named mostly after major league cities (exceptions are Portland and New Orleans). The nicknames are all pretty much fictional though most are based on historical team names usually associated with that city (Portland Beavers, New Orleans Jazz, etc).
Once the organization is done, I will draft players you've created from a free agent pool. I want to draft specific players to specific teams (AL players to Eastern league teams, NL players to Western League teams) as this was done in another sim I used for the past few years. After playing with this approach for a while I may decide to go for a free-for-all draft in another version.
So far it appears I'm going to have a lot of fun creating and playing with my league setup. You've done the hard part with your player file.
Mac
Old 04-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #36
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
P.S. It looks like I may have to re-designate roles for some of your pitchers. Rod Beck is a closer not a middle reliever! (LOL)
The AI designates roles for pitchers based on the team. For example, the 1800's teams don't really have relievers, so the Providence Grays always make Cy Young a closer.

ALSO
Old 04-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #37
bear
Global Moderator

Captain
I salute you for contributing this quick start. Since I began reading Bill James half a lifetime ago I've used a "peak value" approach looking individual player stats. You've taken the same type of approach with your six-best seasons. I've always been a sucker for discussions about all time great franchise teams in any sport. I think you've really nailed it with your approach to baseball. Most of my activity with OOTP, over the years, has been in the basement. I'm a boxing guy and most of my gaming time is devoted to Title Bout, but your All-Timers quick start will have me spending more time on the baseball diamond. A real fine job, sir, and, once again, thank you.

bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #38
Scoman
All Star Starter

Great job CW,this is the best all time roster ever created.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #39
sfmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

"Real" player stats

CW, is there any way I can gain access to the stats data you used for your players? I'm aware of the Lahman database (latest version on my computer) but don't know what years you used for each player. I want to re-assign roles to some of my free agents that seem out of whack but not knowing which ones I can or should change (i.e. Cy Young - CL (?); Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, Pete Alexander, etc - MR (?)). Hope you can help.
Thanks, Mac
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #40
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Great, great, great quickstart!

thanks!!!
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote