Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #81
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youkilis4MVP View Post
I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet, but 3B Mark Kotsay is assigned to AAA Pawtucket; he should be a free agent.
Good looks!

Going through and updating the Top 10 prospects per organization as well. While BA and BP don't have all of them out, luckily BA started in the AL and BP in the NL so I'm combining a bit of the two.

(BA = BaseballAmerica, BP = Baseball Prospectus)

Does anyone know when PECOTA projections come out?
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #82
philthepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post

Around February usually
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #83
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

my game keeps crashing at the same point - it's not a big deal, I was mainly playing to look for huge problems more than anything

but just out of curiosity - if someone has time, could they simulate until the Orioles' 9th game of the season (I believe it's game 3 in a series against the Rangers) and try to play through the game? it crashes for me in the 3rd inning or so - I've tried twice, and both times it crashes at the same moment. I'm like 99.99% sure it's a one-time issue in any case.
ugen64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #84
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Have you tried messing with the starters? It could be a problem with perhaps whoever the SP is for the game, in which case we could fix that.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #85
bleachercreature
Major Leagues

Didn't I read somewhere that the Yankees bought the St. Loucie Mets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcoonradt View Post
St. Lucie Mets are listed as a farm team for the yankees.

Great start to a set. Thank you for the hard work!

Josh
bleachercreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #86
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

They just buy everyone! You would think they would rename the name though.

It'll be fixed in our next release.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #87
RedSoxFaithful
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Good looks!

Going through and updating the Top 10 prospects per organization as well. While BA and BP don't have all of them out, luckily BA started in the AL and BP in the NL so I'm combining a bit of the two.

(BA = BaseballAmerica, BP = Baseball Prospectus)

Haven't checked in in a while, but just reminding you to make sure you compare BA/BP to Sickels. All 3 have serious flaws. For instance, BA- Seriously? Hagedone at #3? Inoa at #3 without stateside stats? Aceves in a top 10? Something's in the water over there. And, while BP has looked pretty good so far, there are some iffy rankings (Neftali Soto, Caleb Gindl are too low, IMO, and they seem a little too willing to give out 3-star ratings). Sickels, lastly, has much bigger lists (he uses top 20s, with bonus "Just Missed" guys, too), but this leads to many exclusions/fringe inclusions.

So, not sound like a broken record, but be careful with prospects. I play this game primarily for franchise/prospect development, and your roster set usually does a fairly good job with that.

If you need any help on prospect rating, I'll help you as I planned to last year. Let me know.
RedSoxFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #88
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Also...you may not know this. Havent downloaded file bc I am waiting on the final release. C Pablo Sandoval for the SF Giants will be starting at 3B and backing up at 1B in real life. So please factor that in for him.

He should have defensive ratings at C, 1B, and 3B.
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #89
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I have!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #90
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I have!
cool...i cant wait to add the college and high school feeder to this file.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #91
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

I have a question...i want to start a fictional league with real players. So I was just curious if you are still modifying players into the final release? If your not I could just use the roster file from the one already released...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #92
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

oh one more thing you might already know - Danys Baez said a while ago that he wanted to start next season, and Orioles GM Andy McPhail said "it's an option" or something to that effect. last time he was a starter (6 years ago) he had pretty average endurance - only 1 complete game (it was just 8 innings), and he usually got pulled around 110 pitches. accounting for his injury last season, his age, and the fact that he hasn't started for 6 years, I doubt his endurance should be higher than 12 or so (out of 20).

Last edited by ugen64; 12-11-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #93
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

That's already in there, EN is a 53/100. Come on guys, challenge me here!

Decided to go through and re-rate all of the Single-A players after all, just not add any missing ones yet. I figure that should be a good place to settle as a stopping point until I recharge my batteries and hit the project again. Working on that now, finishing up the AL tomorrow and then the NL, and then we should be go for a release.

Set should be pretty comprehensive, just missing a few players in the low minors. Anyone who cracked the top tens for teams is in there though, and everyone will have custom ratings.

Have also gone through and edited the total pro years for every player, meaning Rule 5 eligibilities and Minor League Free Agency will finally all work like it does in real life. Guys who were eligible for the Rule 5 this year will be in the set.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 12-11-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #94
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Cubby, rather than goin thru all the posts, I dl'd the link in post 1, is that right?

Some probs, can't shop players by right clicking, no shop option shows?

When starting oin team page as commish and gm, is blank, no players showing, must go to team under mlb menu, they appear;
AI making deals with optiions set to me only. under trade menu, my team is blank

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #95
MB.Pelicans
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Come on guys, challenge me here!
ok, How about getting the extra leagues cleaned up? Is that challenging enough?

That would be perfect if they were.
MB.Pelicans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #96
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Which extra Leagues are you talking.
Will have an updated file out as of the end of Winter Meetings Tommorow so you can see how like Putz and Rodriguez will do on the Mets and more will be post about it in my Roster thead here.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #97
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

I dont know if you have done the giants low levels which you did decide to do. However this might give you something but maybe not knowing how much you have done. Give you a couple guys i see for the giants that look little under-rated.

Right-hander - Tim Alderson
Alderson, 20, finished 13-4 with a 2.79 ERA for the Giants' high-Class A San Jose team. He was named to the in-season and postseason California League All-Star squads.

Right-hander - Kyle Nicholson
Nicholson, 23, went 6-1 with a 1.15 ERA for short-season Salem-Keizer. In 62 2/3 innings, he yielded just 34 hits and walked three while striking out 54. His 0.59 WHIP (walks and hits allowed per inning pitched) looked like a typographical error.

Left-hander - Madison Bumgarner
Bumgarner, 19, was named the South Atlantic League's Pitcher of the Week five times, as he compiled a 15-3 record with a 1.46 ERA for Augusta. He also struck out 164 batters in 141 2/3 innings and was named MiLB.com's Most Spectacular Pitcher. Like Alderson, Bumgarner was also an in-season and postseason All-Star.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #98
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB.Pelicans View Post
ok, How about getting the extra leagues cleaned up? Is that challenging enough?

That would be perfect if they were.
Year or two ago's version I believe I got Markus to help clean it up, I know he's following so perhaps we could con him into it again!

As I go through and do these teams, I'm getting really excited about the set. Players who aren't major prospects now have their own feel, there aren't a whole lot of just useless players out there like in previous sets.

One thing everyone has to keep in mind is that we're basing a lot of this in the lower minors on minor league conversions. For most guys that works extremely well, but a few might be overrated by a little bit. However, at the very worst, you're probably going to come out with a 4.50ish ERA guy out of Single-A at the very worst (best?). There won't be any players who were in Single-A this year in MLB that will make too big of a jump in the set.

That being said, it's cool to see Baseball America chats talk about lesser players in the system and seeing what they're talking about, perhaps in the upside in a less heralded prospect who does one thing very well, or a late bloomer, or a reliever in AA who put up some solid stats and could have a future with the team, where before we would probably have them rated as 30/40/30 out of 100, and leave it at that.

Emeel Salem from Tampa is a good example, a guy who before would be rated so that he would never ever have a shot at the majors. However, in the set, he could have a future as a fifth outfielder or perhaps a AAA OF. BA says this about him:

Quote:
alexei from St Johnsbury Vt asks:
How does Emeel Salem rate (tools, projection role)? Are there any others OFs in the Rays system that have upside?
A:

Bill Ballew: You've mentioned another one of the my favorites. Salem did not crack the top 30, but there's a lot to like regarding his game. He got off to an impressive start at Columbus last year before suffering a season-ending injury. He's a little long of tooth for the Class A level, but he has the package of tools that could make him an impact player. Keep an eye on Salem, because he has true sleeper potential. As far as other outfielders, Jennings is a little ahead of Salem, and Royster has the potential to be a good one as soon as he makes the adjustments.
Just something cool to point out. Really excited about the future for this set.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #99
Subzero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sounds awesome Cubbyfan! Any timetable for the release?
Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #100
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

another thing: Brian Matusz signed a 4 year major league contract worth $3.47 million. I imagine the first year of the deal is 2009 (it was signed in August 2008 and he didn't play any pro baseball until the winter leagues)

also just for fun I started up a separate game as commish just to try out a few things. among them I tried some of the trades that happened IRL to see what the game thought of them.

Ramon Hernandez for Ryan Freel + 2 prospects: Orioles approve, Reds say "I will not accept any deal that includes overpaid veterans"
Edwin Jackson for Matt Joyce: Rays approve, Tigers want an actual baseball player in the deal (the "worst" player that would make it work is Dioner Navarro)
Matt Holliday deal: both teams were fine with it (I had to throw in a random minor leaguer for the A's - otherwise they couldn't afford it)
Olsen/Willingham deal: the Marlins want Shaun Hill or Ryan Zimmerman (lol), the Nats are fine with it

pretty realistic behavior

Last edited by ugen64; 12-12-2008 at 06:42 AM.