Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #41
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Yeah right now I'm going through and updating MLB rosters with ratings as well as pitch types/speeds, positions, etc.

That will mark release 2.0, release 3.0 will include updated Top 30 prospects, as well as AA rosters completed. That should get us pretty close to where we want to be as a final set, all that would come after that would be tweaking less heralded prospects in Single-A and lower, and perhaps making an updated set with updated roster moves.

For once, an end goal seems to be in sight with a roster set.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #42
rknauber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Yeah right now I'm going through and updating MLB rosters with ratings as well as pitch types/speeds, positions, etc.

That will mark release 2.0, release 3.0 will include updated Top 30 prospects, as well as AA rosters completed. That should get us pretty close to where we want to be as a final set, all that would come after that would be tweaking less heralded prospects in Single-A and lower, and perhaps making an updated set with updated roster moves.

That's awesome! I've used your rosters several times in the past and I've loved them every time. Happy to see this coming together for you. This together with the all the new stuff in v9 will make it lots of fun to use.
rknauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #43
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

terrible question I know but how far along are you on the 2.0 rosters
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #44
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

It's okay, going alphabetically through teams and through Philadelphia.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #45
philsrule91
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsrule91 View Post
Any chance you could give an estimate of the date when v2 will be up? Also, a bit of small problems with the release...

1. Lackey > Santana? That's not even a debate. Santana's definitely better...

2. Vernon Wells is rated extremely low. i'm not a Jays fan, but I noticed that...

3. Edinson Volquez doesn't have a contract. (Player Report for #29 Edinson Volquez)

But the rest of the work is top notch. I really appreciate all the work everybody put in for it.
Did you take a look at these? I'm sorry for posting it again, but I wasn't sure if it got overlooked or not because you didn't respond.
philsrule91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #46
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

No problem! Santana should have a 3.07 ERA in the new ratings vs. Lackey's 3.74 (neutral parks). Fixed Volquez (as well as Hatteberg's contract) and Vernon should be getting around a .830 OPS.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #47
RedSoxFaithful
Minors (Single A)

So, my spready just has to be finished by the time we start work on 3.0?
RedSoxFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #48
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Yeah that's about what I had in mind!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #49
RedSoxFaithful
Minors (Single A)

I'm working on the tools grades now for pitchers. This is going to take a while, about 15 minutes just to do the players with last names beginning with A.

Should I include velocities for all pitches or just fastballs?
RedSoxFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #50
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Just fastballs is all we need I think.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 AM   #51
clamel
All Star Starter

Go for it guys .....
I think at least I am waiting eagerly.....

Get the important stuff as rating and that players are in the correct teams from the start. Also get those missing players from Triple and perhaps Double, and surely misspelled names.

Pitches and speeds must come much lower down IMHO, since it hardly play any difference in this game.
OK Wakefield should throw a knuckler not a plus 90 mph fastball...
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #52
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I agree they are down on the list of priorities, but while I edit the MLBers they take only a few seconds to go ahead and do at the same time, might as well!

Uniform numbers on the other hand are another matter. :P
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #53
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

If I throw draft guys (from this year's draft) in there, does that work or does it screw something up?

I know you can create players and have them placed in the upcoming draft, but wasn't sure how well the option worked. Any experience? I'd like to throw guys like Posey, Crow, etc. in there.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #54
rknauber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
If I throw draft guys (from this year's draft) in there, does that work or does it screw something up?

I know you can create players and have them placed in the upcoming draft, but wasn't sure how well the option worked. Any experience? I'd like to throw guys like Posey, Crow, etc. in there.
I don't think it would screw anything up, you just might have an overload of players in the minors after adding them, then having the June draft. I prefer to have them in the draft pool for realism (opening day they're not on the teams) but I'm not sure how much extra work that is.
rknauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #55
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I think it would take minimal time to at least add first rounders to the pool and would be a nice little touch.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #56
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Roster release might be in the cards for tonight or tomorrow, keep an eye on the boards.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #57
clamel
All Star Starter

How do you get to edit the upcoming draft pool ??? with the correct names and potential ratings of these prospects ??
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Whenever you create a fictional player in OOTP, you have the option of placing him in the upcoming draft. From there, you just need to remember his name, and go to Free Agents, Show All Players tab, and find him I believe.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #59
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Finishing up now, haven't done prospects yet, that'll be in Version 2.5, but this one contains all re-rated and re-scouting reporte'd () MLBers and guys on the DL meaning we should have all of MLB+AAA really covered and done. Only thing I didn't change was injury ratings, but changed popularities to be correct, speeds, positions, pitches, yada yada along with of course ratings.

Any other little things I need to fix before uploading? This is your last chance for now!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #60
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Finishing up now, haven't done prospects yet, that'll be in Version 2.5, but this one contains all re-rated and re-scouting reporte'd () MLBers and guys on the DL meaning we should have all of MLB+AAA really covered and done. Only thing I didn't change was injury ratings, but changed popularities to be correct, speeds, positions, pitches, yada yada along with of course ratings.

Any other little things I need to fix before uploading? This is your last chance for now!
turn on 40 man rosters and computer control - see if computer teams waive a bunch of top prospects
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote