Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #361
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Works for me: https://www.elicense.com/ootpdevelopments/store/
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #362
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I should say that when I try to submit an order I get an error message (page not found) and am told to contact the administrator.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #363
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Got it, after the first error I ended up with an empty cart. Just had to replace it. Hopefully I wasn't charged twice!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #364
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Got it, after the first error I ended up with an empty cart. Just had to replace it. Hopefully I wasn't charged twice!
Please send an email to support@elicense.com and let them know about it so that they don't charge you twice.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #365
DODO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I appologize if this question was answerd, but it'd be very difficult to go through a 19 page thread to find it...

Is this the release for the 2008 baseball season or will there be another OOTP?

The "independant release" thing aswell as differenciating between OOTPB 2007 and OOTP 2008 makes me wonder if there's going to be something else later in the year.
DODO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #366
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODO View Post
I apologize if this question was answered, but it'd be very difficult to go through a 19 page thread to find it...

Is this the release for the 2008 baseball season or will there be another OOTP?

The "independent release" thing as well as differentiating between OOTPB 2007 and OOTP 2008 makes me wonder if there's going to be something else later in the year.
OOTP 9 comes out Spring 2008. It is undergoing development at this moment. It should add approximately a few new features and a billion new options, all of which will be debated loudly.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #367
DODO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
OOTP 9 comes out Spring 2008. It is undergoing development at this moment. It should add approximately a few new features and a billion new options, all of which will be debated loudly.
Thank you
DODO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #368
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for telling us when it will be out.
I hope Spring Training has all the Features like in real life.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #369
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
It needs a billion new options.

But, most importantly, it needs to regain all of the features that it lost in the horrible 6.51/OOTP 2006 transition.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #370
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

But, most importantly, it needs to regain all of the features that it lost in the horrible 6.51/OOTP 2006 transition.
No kidding. I hated 2006. So much stuff went AWOL with that release. Yes the new interface is nice and all, but dang!
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 AM   #371
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

Here comes the noise!
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #372
catcher24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm rather curious, since the first incarnation I owned was OOTP 6.5, as to what features are missing that you would like to see returned? I've just started playing around with OOTP 8, and it seems great, but what is it still missing from earlier versions?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #373
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here comes the noise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
I'm rather curious, since the first incarnation I owned was OOTP 6.5, as to what features are missing that you would like to see returned? I've just started playing around with OOTP 8, and it seems great, but what is it still missing from earlier versions?
Speaking of noise, there was sound IIRC, but I don't miss that as much as some others here.

What comes to my mind is a neat spring training feature in which you could indicate on a chart what aspects you wanted players to work on and improve. No guarantees, and I think it depended upon work ethic and coaching quality if that option was used, but you could sometimes get somebody to improve his fielding or batting eye for example.

A fuzzy memory, but one that persists.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #374
catcher24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
What comes to my mind is a neat spring training feature in which you could indicate on a chart what aspects you wanted players to work on and improve.
You're absolutely right about that option. It was definitely in OOTP 6.5, because I used it regularly. I never used the sound option to begin with, so that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm usually running games a week at a time anyway.

What else comes to mind for some of you hard core OOTP gamers, missing from OOTP2007 but in earlier versions that you want returned?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #375
CMH
Hall Of Famer

There really isn't much at all.

And the things that aren't around, such as Spring Training points, were poorly done anyway.

Would make more sense to return the old Spring Training system with a dialog system instead of points. I should be able to tell Player A that I want him to work on hitting in the spring. Or to work on learning the outfield. A point system is not immersive enough for me.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #376
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher24 View Post
What else comes to mind for some of you hard core OOTP gamers, missing from OOTP2007 but in earlier versions that you want returned?
Sorry, but I can't pass up the opportunity. No huge feature, bells, or whistles. The one thing I really miss is the IRS% stat for pitchers. I'd love to see that re-implemented. The boxscore records the IRS, so you wouldn't think capturing the data would be a great leap.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #377
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Sorry, but I can't pass up the opportunity. No huge feature, bells, or whistles. The one thing I really miss is the IRS% stat for pitchers. I'd love to see that re-implemented. The boxscore records the IRS, so you wouldn't think capturing the data would be a great leap.
Now see, stuff like that is why I've ordered a book on baseball stats as I have no bloody clue what you're talking about
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #378
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
Now see, stuff like that is why I've ordered a book on baseball stats as I have no bloody clue what you're talking about
Inherited Runs Scored percent. The boxscore will tell you how many inherited runners scored on the pitcher who "inherited" them, but the % stat that used to be in the game no longer exists. I thought it, still, one of the better elements to evaluate relief pitching. I think a more modern way of interpreting this stat is to use Inherited Runs Stranded which is simply the inverse presenting successes rather than failures. I'd take it either way.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #379
discodude5
Major Leagues

I thought IRS% was the % the IRS screwed you...but I could be wrong.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #380
catcher24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I thought IRS% was the % the IRS screwed you...but I could be wrong.
Well, it is that season now....