Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #61
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

QuestGAV - Spritze is correct. Just change the values in the era_stats file, and that's what OOTP will look at when it calculates the LTM's each season. just don't use 1-yr recalc mode.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #62
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

I tried it, just to be sure and I was correct: it exacerbates the problem and fewer HRs (among other things) are actually hit. The game doesn't try to reach whatever you put in for the LTMs, it tries to move in the other direction.
QuestGAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #63
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

If you edit the era_stats file correctly it will work. Don't change any numbers in the engine stats in the game itself.

The LTM system keeps the engine totals as a constant and calculates modifiers based on the ratios of simulated results to target results for nxt season. It takes 2-3 seasons for things to really get on track though. This is how it works though, I can guarantee you that (I gave Markus all of he formulas to design that aspect of he game a couple years ago).
Old 12-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #64
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

era stats file editing

I have been simming a league now for several weeks using this db and as I mentioned before I altered the era_stats file and it is working as Garlan states. I altered the file to condense the entire history of baseball from 1871-2006 to 1901-1940 or so. I am in my 30th season and my stats look good. I have 15 hall of famers so far; Brouthers, Lajoie were inducted in 1923. Joe Jackson and Speaker in 1927 and Cobb, Hornsby and Gehrig in 1929 on the hitters side. Pitchers include Mathewson in 1921, Bender, Grove, Waddell, Young and Smokey Joe Williams in 1923, Babe Adams in 1925 and Walter Johnson in 1926. The HR leader board looks like; Ruth 627, Foxx 512, Josh Gibson 498, T. Williams 494, Gehrig 467, Mantle 454, Ott 439, Killebrew 388, Aaron 368, and Mays 367. Only Gehrig is retired from that group. Ruth and Foxx are in their 22nd years and are only playing limited time at age 42 and should retire next year. As you can see some negro league players are making their mark in the league as well as some Japanese players. Oh has 296 HR in 15 years of play.

I would like to post this on a website. Does anyone know of a good free site to use.
dcundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #65
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I'm planning on using this DB in an on-line league (see HNBA). I have condensed to 1920-2003 and randomized the start year (I updated birth year, debut and finale years to match their new arrival). I have re-calc off and am using no historical updates.

My tests, in solo mode, looked pretty good (the AI change pitchers to MR and they retired early, but I don't expect that to occur with human managers).

dcundy - what settings were using in your tests? Besides the early retire anomoly, did you see any other side affects.

Spritze/Garlon - There was a problem with your split out of pitchers with re-calc off. Ruth was a pitcher in both lives. I solved this by having batting stats for the pitchers and removing the pitcher fielding records for the player.

Any other thoughts?
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #66
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks a lot for all the work on this. I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet, but it sounds quite appropriate for what I want do. A couple of questions:

i) Could you provide a list of Japanese players included in the DB? I will be running *** concurrently with MLB, and want to avoid any players from the former entering the latter before it's realistic for them to do so.

ii) Will this DB import players in their first year of professional baseball (i.e. first year in the minors or first year drafted), or does it import them in their first year of Major League play?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #67
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

TAKEHIKO BESSHO
ISAO HARIMOTO
HIROMITSU KADOTA
MASAICHI KANEDA
MASAAKI KOYAMA
MASANORI MURAKAMI
SHIGEO NAGASHIMA
KATSUYA NOMURA
SADAHARU OH
AKINOBU OKADA
VICTOR STARFFIN
YASUMITSU TOYODA
TADASHI WAKABAYASHI
KAZUHIRO YAMAUCHI

Since there are no fielding records for these fellers for the most part the choices were based simply on OPS and longevity.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #68
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Both Babe Ruths should start out as pitchers and one should switch to the OF and the other stay a pitcher. This will work better in version 2 as the splitting of Ruthie into two happens sooner enough that the adjustments get applied and adjust way more better for the pitching Ruth.

Debuts are as given in the Lahman except for our additions. Then it uses their actual debut year in Japan or the negro leagues except that Mr. Garlon wished to change some of the negro leaguers to debut sooner or sometimes later and/or to quit sooner than they did IRL so they do but don't ask me who and when because I donut remember. Ummmm...donuts!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #69
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks very much for the replies, Spritze (although I now realise that I could've furnished answers for myself quite easily if I weren't so lazy).

Hmmm... that makes things interesting. I really like the normalised run evironment, but adjusted import years are kind of important for my universe too.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #70
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I was running with re-calc off and both Ruths stayed as pitchers (usually with with short careers). I assumed the issue was related to re-calc, thus I made the adjustments.
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #71
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

You are correct as usual.

This db assumes play with recalc on. With recalc off the Ruths stay pitchers and follow the default OOTP developement cycle.

I will now submit this reply.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #72
ohdaman
Bat Boy

A MAJOR thanks to S/G for the Negro League update

...but did I miss Dihigo's pitching 'alter ego' along with John Beckwith & Harry Buckner's equals?
ohdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #73
Irish Fan
Minors (Single A)

This may be a dumb question, but

how do I use this data base in the game ??

Where do I put it and how does the game reconize it?

Does it overwrite Lahman's or in con juction with ??

Thanks all !

Irish Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #74
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

It becomes your new database. You can name it whatever you want, but it's easier to type the path in the league setup if you call it "stats" and put it in your c drive so that the path is c:\stats.

Garlon/Spritz have done a great job of cleaning up the generic Lahman database. Shop around on this site. There are a lot of variations of databases that do different things: Like debut years for real rookies, Negro Leaguers in the database, etc.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #75
Irish Fan
Minors (Single A)

Thank you

Irish Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #76
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I was going to use this database for an 1871 replay, but the fielding.csv file hasn't been edited to allow National Association stats to be used by the game. The batting and pitching files have been edited. I can't do it myself, because the file is too big to open in its entirety. Back to lahman.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #77
JHruska
Minors (Double A)

Any chance we'll see a version with 2007 added?
JHruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #78
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Spritze has continued to do alot of work improving the DB and we just recently got the updated version of Lahman with the 2007 stats.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #79
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
I was going to use this database for an 1871 replay, but the fielding.csv file hasn't been edited to allow National Association stats to be used by the game. The batting and pitching files have been edited. I can't do it myself, because the file is too big to open in its entirety. Back to lahman.

You can use almost any text editor (freeware version of note tab pro can do it) for editing the fielding file in this version of the database.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #80
JHruska
Minors (Double A)

The easiest way is to use notepad. Right click on the file, open with notepad. Then used find and replace to replace all instances of "NA" "UA" "PL" and "FL" with "AL" or "NL" (parentheses included). Takes 30 seconds per file.
JHruska is offline   Reply With Quote