Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #61
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Just turn off Secondary Roster and those People won't Released because DFA and Waviers are disable.
I noticed people like J. Brown and others are DFA when in real life he's on Oakland's Triple-A team why is that?
Why isn't Gary Sheffield and H.Matusi on the DL?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #62
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27
Just turn off Secondary Roster and those People won't Released because DFA and Waviers are disable.
I noticed people like J. Brown and others are DFA when in real life he's on Oakland's Triple-A team why is that?
Because Sheffield and Matsui weren't injured on opening day.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #63
evanbarth
Major Leagues

Great sets.

A couple of questions. It seems that for available jobs none are major league jobs, how do I go about picking the team I want to manage.

The other thing I was wondering why you choose trading difficulty of hard and favor prospects which seems to be a change from the last set

Thanks.
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #64
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's opening day rosters.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #65
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Just ignore mgom.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #66
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I will have any updated Roster File out soon probley by Wednesday as 8-9-06 mostly the Trade moves and other things. I probley won't be doing to DL. Some MLB Rules have changed.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #67
APujols5
Banned

Infractions: 1/3 (3)
Quote:
I will have any updated Roster File out soon probley by Wednesday as 8-9-06 mostly the Trade moves and other things. I probley won't be doing to DL. Some MLB Rules have changed.
Did you get Cubby AND Rolen's permission to do that? otherwise you are just stealing their hard work
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #68
aphoward
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APujols5
Did you get Cubby AND Rolen's permission to do that? otherwise you are just stealing their hard work

$10 says mgom27 = mgsports79 or whatever his name was. Same typing style (with little comprehension of english), and the glaring impression that he is like 12 years old. LOL

Andrew Howard
aphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #69
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APujols5

I don't understand this train of thought. Why wouldn't it be ok for someone to make the adjustments they want to see themselves and then allow others access to that file as well? I mean, as long as they make it clear that they started with Cubby's set how is he "stealing" anything? Cubby made this file available to everyone for free.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #70
aphoward
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac
I don't understand this train of thought. Why wouldn't it be ok for someone to make the adjustments they want to see themselves and then allow others access to that file as well? I mean, as long as they make it clear that they started with Cubby's set how is he "stealing" anything? Cubby made this file available to everyone for free.

It's usually common courtesy among internet mod creators that you get permission before altering their work AND distributing it. If you're just altering it for your own use, obviously no one would know anyways. It's just a simple email to shoot off to the creator and say hey, can I use your material to make a modification? I don't know of any instance where someone would actually say no, lol. It's simple courtesy.

Andrew Howard
aphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #71
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac
And Cubby got the base grunt/ground work from me prior to him working on using the Pecota system for rating players.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #72
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I have no problems at all with people building things off of it -- granted I would wait until things were done so you don't have to do it twice but to each their own.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #73
yankeesrule
All Star Starter

just wondering, will the ratings for minor leagues be based on projections before the season or as of now?

Not sure how high a guy like Philip Hughes of the yanks(mention him cuz I work for the Thunder) was before the season but right now he's the top Yanks prospect as well as Baseball America listed him as the top Pitcher in the Eastern League.

great work so far though
yankeesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #74
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

He was the top Yanks prospect heading in so he should be rated pretty well.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #75
yankeesrule
All Star Starter

Okay, great. How about their other prospects however? From what i've heard it sounds like Tebata might be their top overall hitting prospect as he has improved and Duncan has declined. Also, guys like Tyler Clippard have increased while Matt Desalvo have decreased in how they are ranked
yankeesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #76
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

My update as of 8-9-06 has been stopped because I'm not making it anymore just dosing something else for myself. Might have another Roster project in the future but don't know yet like All-star Rosters.
If I use Rosters I either do Fantasy Draft,make my own Rosters out of them because if I'm going to play with them left alone they have to be as of today.
Do you know the real Coaches.dat doesn't work in another saved game because Iv'e tryed it and it was the still the fake one from that league? Maybe I should restart the league and then it would work.

Last edited by mgom27; 08-08-2006 at 12:12 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #77
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Robert Manuel of the Reds,Jesus Sanchez-C and Carlos M.-P who were on the Yankees but now in the Phillies Farm System and so on are missing why is that?
Why is Scott Hattenberg DFA? When you have a Adam Dunn as a 1B
I'm getting my information from MLB.com on the Team Transactions since Cubby's/Rolen's last Roster changes so they could be as of 8-9-06 for you people meaning Active/40 Man Roster and DL. Because I know you want to se how the new look Yankees,Brewers,Royals,Dodgers,Rangers,Reds and so on do in this game siince the Trade Deadline.
If I use Rosters I either do Fantasy Draft,make my own Rosters out of them because if I'm going to play with them left alone they have to be as of today.
Do you know the real Coaches.dat doesn't work in another saved game because Iv'e tryed it and it was the still the fake one from that league? Maybe I should restart the league and then it would work.
No one is DFA, it's an issue with the game when you set teams to computer controlled. All MLB rosters are 100 percent accurate as of opening day. Dunn plays 1B. I can't answer your questions anymore because they're making my head hurt.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #78
deadringer
All Star Reserve

I'm experimenting right now with a work around to get around these strange AI issues. On the short term, this kind of thing seems to be very common with any roster set that was created by man. The shock of how different the roster set is to what the AI is used to dealing with throws it all out of whack.
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #79
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Dola.

So I haven't tested the long term effect of this, the AI may very well pull some crazy stuff later but I did find a workaround for early the first season.

It seems that the initial shock comes from the difference between how real people and the AI builds it's 25 and 40 man rosters. For some reason once you give the control back to the AI it freaks out and DFA's and waivers some high quality players and prospects while it tries to take over the organization. This happens in January for the first time before it even gets to spring training.

So all I did was disable the waiver system and turn the AI roster moves off for all teams. Then I simmed up to the start of Spring Training.

Here's where the AI freaks out again as it sets up it's active roster for spring training which is now 40 players. I turned the AI roster moves back on but left the waivers off. This lets the AI cheat and move it's players back and forth from AAA to the Major League squad without any other team picking them off the waiver wire. It's not a perfect solution but IMHO it beats the AI dumping all it's quality prospects via the waiver wire.

After spring training is over the AI will freak out again as it cuts the roster back to 25. If you have the waivers turned on you'll see the same sad situation. So I let them move their players freely. As for the human player, you can police yourself as you see fit whether you take advantage of the waivers being off of not.

Once opening day is here you can turn the waiver rule back to 3 days (or whatever) and the AI will behave more realistically since it's already made the transition to running the organization(s).

Like I said, I haven't run the season long tests to see if it maintains it's realism in the AI roster management but I'd assume after the AI has things the way it wants them they will behave.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #80
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Triola,

Cubby, you may want to consider doing the above steps for us and having the roster set start at the beginning of spring training. Just a thought.