Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

International & Indy Leagues

Are adding all of the leagues included more of a PITA or are they very much worth the extra immersion. The way I see it, they add a lot of immersion, but they also are a pain to keep up with because I like to have every thing reflect real life when it comes to league rules, logos, jerseys, market sizes, finances. That makes keeping up with things difficult.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

I think it is worth it. Really adds a lot to my universe to see the different leagues and how the interact. For me very much worth the extra time and effort. When I am down I will have 37 total leagues including full NCAA and HS feeders. O lot of work but well worth it for me.

Trevor L.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I couldn't imagine playing without it. Logos I get. Mostly other graphics I'll never see cause I don't play or watch their games.

Market size, finances and those things I don't care for as much. Unless default finances have everyone negative or is screwy.

I don't care about their detailed stats, their awards, champs, all star game etc. It's all there I just don't really care.

What I care about is 100% real universe free agents. None of that random crap.

Also if you play with real Milb service time and roster size those players that don't make it need a place to play. Not just for MLB but Japanese players that aren't drafted etc. You never know who will pop and develop. And if they aren't playing somewhere then no stats and a billion free agents.

I get at least 5 players from Indy leagues every year even if they are 95% career minor leaguers. I've had some pop and become prospects. A lot of them are cut players from Milb and international minors.

Plus when an international is cut you can sign as soon as free agents. 18 year old Korean cut with 1.5 star potential. Doesn't sound good but better then lot of my 30-35th round picks so why not.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Interesting
Old 04-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Here is a great article a position player becoming a pitcher bouncing around Indy leagues and then pitching for the Indians.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019...outputType=amp

Once you use a full universe you actually do see things like this. Love following the path of players.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #6
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

i like having them on but beware that the out of the box settings do not work very well for the new foreign leagues

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The only problem I see is Roster issues.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
The only problem I see is Roster issues.
Which leagues?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #9
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Which leagues?
Only one I could tell is Cuba by default doesn't handle free agency correctly anymore. Its pretty recently like 6 months.

They just signed a MLB contract in Dec 2018 that allows 25 year olds with 6 years to become free agents to MLb for some kind of "posting" type of fee.

If they are under 25 Cuba can allow them to be posted to MLB for 25% of the MLB singing bonus.

Let me see if I can grab an article

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...hout-defecting

But you just have to deselect Reserve Era Clause from financials and fix it up to allow free agency and posting. And pick some kind of posting fee.

Most of posting is all % based for Int leagues now. Different % for different things triggers different payments to the league. I would probably just pick something like 10-25 million.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I have to delete most same with Hall of Fame one to because like Lineups are empty or so on.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #11
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
I have to delete most same with Hall of Fame one to because like Lineups are empty or so on.
Hall of Fame for the Indy Leagues?
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #12
koohead
Hall Of Famer

I made the decision a few versions ago to do away with Foreign leagues and go with 4 Indy leagues (about 32 teams). Reasons I did this:
- Like you, I wanted undrafted people and minor league washouts to have some where to play.
- I opted against foreign leagues because the number of foreign players coming from Japan/Mexico/TAiwan/Australia/Korea is still relatively low and the the random FA generator seems to do a good enough job with this aspect
- having foreign players stashed and stuck on foreign league reserve rosters was annoying me.

all in all having indy leagues in North America with no foreign player limits and the default number of foreign established and amateur FAs is working well for me.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

No Hall of Fame for last year's version have to delete it to because of not enough Pitchers.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
No Hall of Fame for last year's version have to delete it to because of not enough Pitchers.
What Hall of Fame? Not sure how the Hall of Fame has anything to do with game play, let along the topic of this thread.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
I made the decision a few versions ago to do away with Foreign leagues and go with 4 Indy leagues (about 32 teams). Reasons I did this:
- Like you, I wanted undrafted people and minor league washouts to have some where to play.
- I opted against foreign leagues because the number of foreign players coming from Japan/Mexico/TAiwan/Australia/Korea is still relatively low and the the random FA generator seems to do a good enough job with this aspect
- having foreign players stashed and stuck on foreign league reserve rosters was annoying me.

all in all having indy leagues in North America with no foreign player limits and the default number of foreign established and amateur FAs is working well for me.
this is what I have sort of been thinking,,,,maybe just keep everything North American
Old 04-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #16
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here confused 😐
Old 04-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #17
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What I'm talking about is get an error Message with Hall of Fame League that's why I delete it.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #18
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Still haven't decided what to do here....considering MLB and US Indy's for sure.

I am debating whether or not to add any international leagues and if so, which ones.
I can hardly see the benefit of having them all enabled (although I do really enjoy realism and immersion)

Playing with the idea of just having Japan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan and Australia.

These seem to be the leagues which are easiest to keep up with, as they have good websites, and there seems to be a good understand of their rules and regulations.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #19
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Still haven't decided what to do here....considering MLB and US Indy's for sure.

I am debating whether or not to add any international leagues and if so, which ones.
I can hardly see the benefit of having them all enabled (although I do really enjoy realism and immersion)

Playing with the idea of just having Japan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan and Australia.

These seem to be the leagues which are easiest to keep up with, as they have good websites, and there seems to be a good understand of their rules and regulations.
Once you enable the Asian leagues make sure you enable their Indy leagues they have 2 of them. Australia is co-managed with the mlb at least. But there isn't any real talent in there but the players are purchasable.

I would add Cuba and just change their free agency to match the MLB deal even though today the White House dropped the hammer on the deal. I think MLB is trying to appeal it. White House saying it breaks the embargo blah blah.

Then you get all of the major foreign league free agents.

All of the other foreign leagues are completely optional. No real talent comes from there. Its mostly about spotting someone young player who might look good on your DSL team since they are foreign. But most likely they will never develop in even A ballers. They aren't purchasable by default anyway so your not missing out. I enable them to be purchase just cause I like trying to fix up my DSL rookie leagues.

Basically those are other leagues are like the random scouting discoveries except you have to do the work looking for them.

The best thing is no need for auto generated established players. Those players are just created way too powerful.

Cuba almost never actually has a 5 star player in their entire league. Most of the league is 3 stars maybe a handful with 4. Japan maybe a handful of 5 stars counting their prospects and another 1-2 handfuls of 4.

The random generator just produces way to many 5 star players who don't ask for market value.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #20
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Once you enable the Asian leagues make sure you enable their Indy leagues they have 2 of them. Australia is co-managed with the mlb at least. But there isn't any real talent in there but the players are purchasable.

I would add Cuba and just change their free agency to match the MLB deal even though today the White House dropped the hammer on the deal. I think MLB is trying to appeal it. White House saying it breaks the embargo blah blah.

Then you get all of the major foreign league free agents.

All of the other foreign leagues are completely optional. No real talent comes from there. Its mostly about spotting someone young player who might look good on your DSL team since they are foreign. But most likely they will never develop in even A ballers. They aren't purchasable by default anyway so your not missing out. I enable them to be purchase just cause I like trying to fix up my DSL rookie leagues.

Basically those are other leagues are like the random scouting discoveries except you have to do the work looking for them.

The best thing is no need for auto generated established players. Those players are just created way too powerful.

Cuba almost never actually has a 5 star player in their entire league. Most of the league is 3 stars maybe a handful with 4. Japan maybe a handful of 5 stars counting their prospects and another 1-2 handfuls of 4.

The random generator just produces way to many 5 star players who don't ask for market value.
Is this still true if you lowered the number of generated players to 5 ?(low)