Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 05-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
VARoadstter
Minors (Triple A)

Mets Collector - low level cards going for $$$

It takes some of the fun out of it, honestly. I'd like to be able to get my full collection together - at least up to the point where I can afford the cards. I've collected all of the cards I know of (is there a comprehensive list somewhere?) into the mid 80s OVR but understandably having to wait a while to build up the PP I need to get the better players. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye out for sub 50 players to finish out my collection and I am constantly seeing players like Doug Sisk (48 OVR) who sell for 1100 - 10000 PP. On the one hand, I'm grateful that someone would list the player instead of quick selling them so at least I can have a chance to pick up their card. On the other hand, I can't handle paying that kind of garbage price for a card that is worth 5 - 10 PP.

I've been known to go as high as 100 PP for a card just to get a copy in my collection but I have my limits. Praise to anyone who is willing to go to the trouble to auction their Iron cards for reasonable prices. Collectors appreciate it.
VARoadstter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:55 PM   #2
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

its called the market.

Doug Sisk is one of the rarest cards in the game.

Thats why it is going for a lot.

the quicksell value of the card is 5 PP.

the actual value is much much higher based on the very few of them that are in existence.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

there are three Doug Sisks up for auction right now.

I paid 5000 for mine in a private sale when a friend of mine told me he had one. That is the max price i am willing to pay for one of these cards. Others may be willing to pay more.

You think it isn't worth that much and want to pay less. So you will have to wait until the supply of Doug Sisk's gets great enough that the price goes down to 100.

the average all time is 4700. and there is an active bid right now for one at 1300.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #4
Charlatan
All Star Starter

The Unsung Heroes cards are thought to be very rare, especially the Iron ones, so that's why it's going for a lot.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
there are three Doug Sisks up for auction right now.

I paid 5000 for mine in a private sale when a friend of mine told me he had one. That is the max price i am willing to pay for one of these cards. Others may be willing to pay more.

You think it isn't worth that much and want to pay less. So you will have to wait until the supply of Doug Sisk's gets great enough that the price goes down to 100.

the average all time is 4700. and there is an active bid right now for one at 1300.
Wait, private sale? How do we do those?
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Use the discord, private message someone on the forums, ask someone on the street, methods vary
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

How do you know which cards are more rare than others. Is Sisk more rare than Pipp? Are not all the iron unsung hero cards equally rare?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
How do you know which cards are more rare than others. Is Sisk more rare than Pipp? Are not all the iron unsung hero cards equally rare?
The odds of pulling each should be the same, but there are bound to be some cards pulled more frequently than others. A couple weeks ago on the TWIPT stream Kris noted the diamond cards that had been pulled the fewest times. Every diamond historical card has the same chance of being pulled, but statistically the frequency of each card pulled will fall under a normal distribution. The same thing happens with the iron cards.

For example, if the average iron unsung hero was pulled 10 times, most will have been pulled between 8 and 12 times. Fewer would have been pulled 6-7 or 13-14 times. Still fewer 5 or less or 15 or more. But there are those outliers.

EDIT: The market is telling us which cards are rare, or at least which cards were rare at the start. If a card was initially rare and had a higher price, subsequent cards will see that market price and be listed at that high price even if the frequency pulled comes closer to the mean.

Last edited by atabakin; 05-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
The odds of pulling each should be the same, but there are bound to be some cards pulled more frequently than others. A couple weeks ago on the TWIPT stream Kris noted the diamond cards that had been pulled the fewest times. Every diamond historical card has the same chance of being pulled, but statistically the frequency of each card pulled will fall under a normal distribution. The same thing happens with the iron cards.

For example, if the average iron unsung hero was pulled 10 times, most will have been pulled between 8 and 12 times. Fewer would have been pulled 6-7 or 13-14 times. Still fewer 5 or less or 15 or more. But there are those outliers.

EDIT: The market is telling us which cards are rare, or at least which cards were rare at the start. If a card was initially rare and had a higher price, subsequent cards will see that market price and be listed at that high price even if the frequency pulled comes closer to the mean.
They should be, but they aren't. Markus said before that Iron Historicals (all are Unsung) have different odds than other cards in order to make them not too common (you'd average 1 to 2 a pack if they were 30% of Irons). And it's clear that there are even different odds for the Closers. After watching Unsung Irons for 2 months or whatever, and owning all but 1, I've can tell that it's more than anecdotal that Unsung Iron Closers are some of the rarest cards in the game.

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #10
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I can't find the post I'm thinking of, but it's alluded to here in the original post about PT 20 features:

"Card odds will be the same as in OOTP 19. However, historical cards are now a bit more common (3 out of 10) than in OOTP 19 (2.5 out of 10) for cards rated 60 or higher."

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
I can't find the post I'm thinking of, but it's alluded to here in the original post about PT 20 features:

"Card odds will be the same as in OOTP 19. However, historical cards are now a bit more common (3 out of 10) than in OOTP 19 (2.5 out of 10) for cards rated 60 or higher."
I'm not disputing that. I didn't mean that iron historicals have the same odds as iron live, or that iron historicals have the same odds as other historicals.

I will concede that the closers seem to have a lower drop rate than other positions.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

also catchers seem to be the rare as well. not as rare as closers though.

look at price all the closers are selling for and being posted on AH.

the market is telling us that they are the rarest iron cards.

at this point imo Craig Lefferts is the rarest card in the game.

because he has no real in game utility his price is lower than his rarity suggests it should be. there are only a handful off ppl that are trying to collect all these as well.

with recent activity this week it appears that more ppl are paying attention to them. so that might lead to more cards being posted in AH as more ppl are aware they have value.

one side note: two prolific pack rippers mentioned on discord last night that when they get the infamous blank card in the packs they think its almost always an unsung iron.

they have autosell turned on at 65+ and they have ended up with 30 or so unsungs because the blank card doesn't get autosold.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 AM   #13
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
one side note: two prolific pack rippers mentioned on discord last night that when they get the infamous blank card in the packs they think its almost always an unsung iron.

they have autosell turned on at 65+ and they have ended up with 30 or so unsungs because the blank card doesn't get autosold.

This is my experience as well.
More than once, after opening packs and having a few "blank" cards", I found myself with an iron Unsung Hero even though I have autosell for all cards under 60.

Last edited by moalkha; 05-11-2019 at 06:32 AM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #14
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
This is my experience as well.
More than once, after opening packs and having a few "blank" cards", I found myself with an iron Unsung Hero even though I have autosell for all cards under 60.
Just happened with me. I have autosell (duplicates) checked as well. I logged out and back in, and the iron unsung was there in my inactives. Unfortunately it was Billy Hatcher and not one of the closers!