Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
What if all real-world alcoholic beverage companies were fictional soda pop/juice/etc. companies?

What if most, if not all, real-world alcoholic beverage companies were actually fictional soda pop/juice/etc. companies? Meaning what if in certain countries, at least, if not all countries, they were unable to legally manufacture and sell alcoholic beverages except where certain exceptions were allowed for whatever possible reason or reasons?

How would that likely affect their branding, et cetera? What do you think hypothetical logos, uniforms, and caps might look like, at least in terms of baseball-themed and/or related material?

Which companies could you see doing soda pop lines, juice lines, candy lines, cookie lines, restaurant lines, et cetera, as long as it wasn't related or themed along the lines of alcoholic beverages and things like them? And how might you envision their looks, et cetera, when it came to baseball-related and/or themed designs?

This thread is here for you all to explore this sort of thing, folks, if and whenever you might want to. And I am now considering the idea of creating at least one new league, if not more than one, either in one of my existing saved games/dynasties or a potential new one. Cities and nicknames, at the very least, for potential teams in that league or those leagues are entirely up to you, unless I say otherwise at any time, anywhere in the world that you think might be able to support said team, et cetera.

If you have already created teams that might work for this idea, please feel free to mention them, and/or include them in your responses in this thread, where desired and appropriate. If not, then I'd really love to see what you all can come up with for it, in truth.

Ideas for league names related to said potential league or leagues are also welcome here, for your information, as long as they're clean and all, of course. I'm not sure where the limits regarding them will be beyond that just yet, but let's see what we all might come up with for them, okay?

Please keep all comments respectful and courteous, and all, and let's try to leave political and theological and social issues out of this thread as much as possible, folks. For example, let's all try as best as we each can to leave the Arab-Israelite conflicts brewing now in the Middle East out of this thread if at all possible. I will try my best to leave my own thoughts about things like that out of this thread as much as I can, for sure.

Thank you all for your time and attention, then, whether or not you each decide to try and do things for this thread here, folks. I hope we can all see a lot of great work here. Although I'm not quite the artist compared to many of you here, I'm quite sure, I may still try to do some work on things later, for this thread, if at all possible, et cetera. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

whatever you're smoking, please share
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I don't smoke. But in the United States, at least in the late 1910's to early 1930's, there was a period called Prohibition. I'm sure that a number of such companies created and sold multiple non-alcoholic beverage-type items, and I was thinking about that sort of thing, at least to a degree, when I thought of this idea.

And that comment was not very nice. If you comment again in this thread, please refrain from such or similar comments when you do so. Thank you. CD out.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking of there perhaps being divisions/conferences/subleagues/leagues related to beverages and their makers, food producers and/or restaurants, transportation-related companies, finance-related companies, technology-related companies, and/or book/newspaper/magazine-related companies, for just six possible examples, and then once enough teams and/or leagues were created, possibly creating an association involving the champions of each such league, if at all possible. And see which companies could do the best overall in each available league for that association, et cetera.

I was envisioning the leagues' teams could primarily be filled with fictional players, with some historical players entering the related game/dynasty periodically through manual importation into it. Although just which historical players would be chosen to participate in said saved game/dynasty would naturally be unknown at a particular time, I'm sure, at least as of yet. I'd probably start with RL Hall of Famers, or ones likely near Hall of Fame level of excellence, at least at first, I think.

Well, that's enough to say here for this particular post, at least, I think. CD out.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #5
Baseball is a Slog
Bat Boy

How about a PEPSI league and a COKE league

make up the divisions

Pepsi League

Mountain Dew Division
Orange Crush Division
MUG Root Beer Division

Coke a Cola League

Sprite Division
Fanta Division
Dasani Division (for teams on the coast. water.)

this is just a start. more to come.
Baseball is a Slog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

If I include soda pop companies, as part of this idea concept, the major league team equivalents would probably be the major brands, while their various offerings might be their minor league teams. Meaning Pepsi's offerings, for example, besides their best-known one, would serve potentially as their various minor league affiliates, I think. And so on and so forth for any such companies in Pepsi's part of the concept, et cetera.

Take Sunkist, for example. Their top minor league team, if not their major league equivalent team, might use the name Orange Sunkist with some sort of appropriate team nickname, most likely. And other sufficiently-related brands under Sunkist would probably relate to other offerings of theirs, of course.

Will likely write more later, I'm sure. Please keep the suggestions coming, if you like and can, then, folks. Thanks for your time and attention here as well, for that matter, come to think of it. CD out.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #7
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

There was a Coke era in baseball in the 1980s...but it didn't apply to the drink.
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Any more thoughts or ideas or suggestions or mentions of previous threads of this kind or these kinds of natures that I may or may not already be aware of on the forums here, anyone? Just wondering, that's all. CD out.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bumping. Any more thoughts on things of this nature, folks? Just wondering, of course. Please respond, if and when you like, okay? CD out.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #10
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Soda and Cola themed jerseys

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=225298
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #11
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to see an updating or continuation of that linked thread someday, if possible, I'm sure. But I doubt txranger currently has any real interest in updating or adding to it, because of the fact he's been doing a lot of other excellent work in many other threads here every so often of late. I hope to see a lot more wonderful work from both him and knuckler, among others, in the very near future. Even if I may not be able to use it all, of course. Or at least not on this laptop computer I have now, that is. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #12
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Nobody gives a sheet about this

Sorry my friend, nobody is trying to configure how bud light might be squirt and are designing uniforms for it.

If you want it done, start creating your own offerings, post them on this thread, and that may inspire more contributions to this thread.
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:43 AM   #13
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

You know, he's on to something.! What if all baseball uniforms buttoned in the back! Let's run with this one! (Carefully!)