Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 03-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Trout

So I got lucky and pulled a Trout tonight. Woo! But now comes the question: Keep or sell?

I know in PT19, Trout was routinely selling for 25-30k, but I notice this year he's up at the 80k mark for average sales. If I were only going to get 30 back, I'd keep him since his card is pretty damn sweet, and he's my favourite current player so I really do want to keep him.

But 80k is a lot of value back, a lot more packs to open, and can probably go a long way to setting up the rest of the roster. Average pack luck probably gives you 3 Diamonds and 8-9 gold cards, maybe even a little more than that, plus probably another 50/50 shot at another perfect card.

So, keep or sell?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
So I got lucky and pulled a Trout tonight. Woo! But now comes the question: Keep or sell?

I know in PT19, Trout was routinely selling for 25-30k, but I notice this year he's up at the 80k mark for average sales. If I were only going to get 30 back, I'd keep him since his card is pretty damn sweet, and he's my favourite current player so I really do want to keep him.

But 80k is a lot of value back, a lot more packs to open, and can probably go a long way to setting up the rest of the roster. Average pack luck probably gives you 3 Diamonds and 8-9 gold cards, maybe even a little more than that, plus probably another 50/50 shot at another perfect card.

So, keep or sell?

Sell. One player does not a team make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Keep. If Trout were a historical card he'd pull in hundreds of thousands of PP. You can't get better value from 80k.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Keep. If Trout were a historical card he'd pull in hundreds of thousands of PP. You can't get better value from 80k.
Of course, you could sell now, keep half the PP in the bank and hope for a market correction to lower his price in a few weeks.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

Sell Sell Sell

That 80k last 5 isn't a good figure to base his market on. I pulled one in the middle of the week, saw there were none up on the AH, put him up for a BIN of 150K and he lasted maybe half an hour. Everyone is Trout crazy right now, take advantage of the waaaaaay inflated price. If you post him for 150k and don't get any takers you can always just keep him...
rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:03 PM   #6
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

I agree with the sell people, love Trout but I'm in pack rippin mode.

80 packs opened is 80 packs closer to a perfect Pedro.....at least that's what I tell myself....
Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote