Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

CHL Demotions

I'd love to see the ability to send players who are on NHL contracts but whose rights are held by CHL teams that are between the ages of 18 and 20 be given the option to be sent to their CHL team. This would mean allowing for an additional option for overagers in their "send to" options, and for players who were not drafted while under contract to a CHL team (i.e. US College players and import players) being given that option as well.
fashett_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's technically possible, just a little difficult to get the AI right so it only gets used in appropriate circumstances. It'd probably make the most sense to do it alongside a system that allowed players with the junior/college/European junior preferences to change them while they still have the option to do so. If a college/college-bound player was drafted, for example, there could be a chance he changes his preference to junior, and that'd enable the option to send him to junior.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashett_7 View Post
I'd love to see the ability to send players who are on NHL contracts but whose rights are held by CHL teams that are between the ages of 18 and 20 be given the option to be sent to their CHL team. This would mean allowing for an additional option for overagers in their "send to" options, and for players who were not drafted while under contract to a CHL team (i.e. US College players and import players) being given that option as well.
there has been times where a NHL team IRL has assigned a 20 yr old down to their ahl team and then realized that he needed more seasoning so that they turned around and sent him back down to CHL Major Juniors for their overage season
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
there has been times where a NHL team IRL has assigned a 20 yr old down to their ahl team and then realized that he needed more seasoning so that they turned around and sent him back down to CHL Major Juniors for their overage season
This is exactly the sort of situation I'd love to see (along with the ability to send them to junior even if they aren't drafted off of a junior team). Potentially being able to loan import players to a European league that owns their rights would be interesting too. I totally understand how complex this idea is and how difficult it may be to code, but I just thought I'd throw it out there...
Old 12-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashett_7 View Post
This is exactly the sort of situation I'd love to see (along with the ability to send them to junior even if they aren't drafted off of a junior team). Potentially being able to loan import players to a European league that owns their rights would be interesting too. I totally understand how complex this idea is and how difficult it may be to code, but I just thought I'd throw it out there...
Here’s the thing..

A) CHL teams can only hold 50 ppl on their list and are always cutting players.. if a team still owns their rights u can prob send them down...

B) depending on the player when I’m playing as mybCHL team I keep 20 yr olds on my list in case they are sent back..

Just matter if their nhl team wants to send back or not or if their CHL club owns their rights
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #6
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Here’s the thing..

A) CHL teams can only hold 50 ppl on their list and are always cutting players.. if a team still owns their rights u can prob send them down...

B) depending on the player when I’m playing as mybCHL team I keep 20 yr olds on my list in case they are sent back..

Just matter if their nhl team wants to send back or not or if their CHL club owns their rights
At the moment the only way to do it is to go into commissioner mode and edit them onto the proper team. I'm talking about a specific option when you try to demote them.