Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Beta issues list

In the spirit of beta I'm submitting a list of general or specific issues that you might know about or might not. I'll try to be succinct so if you want more detail on any of these let me know. Most of these I believe are both in historical and current (or custom) unless specified.

- Draft Log often has missing records. Ie 1st pick 1st overall followed by 3rd pick 3rd overall. This happens frequently and often (usually?) for the same team(s) down the draft list.

- Players "disappear" for a year or two. There would be gap in their career but no major injury to show for it.

- Following the above: Historical, something happened in 2006 where a lot of players stopped playing or all retired or went on hiatus. LA had a hall of fame team and yes they were aging, but hull, lemieux, belfour I think and other 38+ superstars were dismissed (or something) after only a few games though they were still dominating. Others simply retired after '06 or missed '07 and returned another year. Other teams too, not just LA but most noticeable there. Not sure if Hull, Lemieux stayed on the rosters in '06 and sat, or had forced retirement or were released.

- Current year start - Pittsburgh sent a whole bunch of major players to the minors. Letang, Kunitz, Orpik, and others (7 or 8 I believe) and they signed placefillers, then had an awful year.

- Crashes - I have had the July 1 crash again, random crashes, and also particular-day-can't-get-past crashes. Historical managed to get from 1947 to 2011 with only random (and few) crashes but current and custom always seem to get impasse crashes after a few years.

- Custom league season records erased and re-written every year.

- Custom league, there was a tie for the last playoff spot, both had same wins, but the team with fewer GF, more GA, and also lost the season series to the other, was the one to advance.

- Invasion of the 14 year olds. I believe this was in Current. A year or two in, there were a bunch of 14 year olds generated that leeched other players' stat lines, several at once, causing them to appear at the top of the stats. The players are not actually on the NHL teams or roster views.

- Career stats are totalling all leagues without differentiation.

- Player history log misses most events and the ones that are logged seem random. Injury log seems accurate but transaction log needs work. While at it, accomplishments like winning the championship would be nice.

- I suppose due to Gretzky's untraditional route to the NHL, but in this game he did not play in the WHA at 17, appears as a FA at 18 years old, but was not drafted or signed in the wave of WHA-player signings. Then he was drafted at 19.

- Star young players sometimes sit as FA's. Ovechkin played a year or two (his first contract I guess) and then sat for a few years after despite good stats. I saw others like this.

- I saw an AI trade once (custom league I think) but the season stats seemed to reflect something different. Either it's totalling the NHL level stats to one line for the new team, with minors separate, or something seemed amiss that I couldn't figure out. But one month after the trade they had played most of the year on the new team.

- random team logos for custom teams would be nice - help to recognize people in the stats.

- team history, when clicking on a year to see the player stats for that year, would be helpful to show which year you're looking at

- team history, season standings, and other almanac related stuff, all need work as I'm sure you know; as do awards, recording of team result and playoff appearances, etc

That's what I recall for now, if I remember more I'll reply and add more. Thanks.