Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Baseball21
Bat Boy

Thumbs down Bugs with new update (iOS)

Bug bugs found in new update. Dodgers said no to this deal. Big panda for a 1 star reliever. What the heck? Still no quotes! And the Kimble trade never went though I guess dodgers traded kershew very easily and Braves traded Kimble for a Red Soxs closer.

Last edited by Baseball21; 04-13-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: More stuff
Baseball21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball21 View Post
Bug bugs found in new update. Dodgers said no to this deal. Big panda for a 1 star reliever. What the heck? Still no quotes! And the Kimble trade never went though I guess
Quotes were never mentioned in the update so you can't call that a bug. That reliever may actually be a starter, or he may be something for their future.
xepicx2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
Baseball21
Bat Boy

Pic

Look at this
Attached Images
Baseball21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

the dodgers may not want a 3rd baseman, or they just wouldn't like to give up one of the players. what's hernandez looking like?
xepicx2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #5
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Or they don't want to pick up his massive contract...
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2298 View Post
Or they don't want to pick up his massive contract...
This is a distinct possibility. In the pre-update version, I had a horrible time trying to trade away a first baseman with almost 50 home runs the previous year, likely because his contract was the third highest in the league.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #7
BradC
All Star Starter

I have told the guys that there is a clamor for the quotes to be restored, so I'm hoping they will be.

Update #2 will have final Opening Day rosters. Unfortunately, due to the need for Apple to review updates to the game too, there's always that delay.

RE trading: Not sure what we need to fix here. As others pointed out, maybe Sandoval's contract is in the way, or the Dodgers see no reason to acquire a third baseman. Just because a guy is highly rated, that doesn't mean that any other team will take him if you try to give him away for a 1-star player.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
DaMaddGenius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BradC just wondering if the update is something in the near term future? I'm waiting to start my season, and I know last year while a second update was talked about, it didn't materialize for a long time.

Also wanted to voice the minority opinion: quotes are cute and all, but the simming runs much faster without them. No need to waste time on that when there's actual gameplay issues to solve.
DaMaddGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
BradC
All Star Starter

The update is imminent. It is supposed to be submitted to Google and Apple in the next day or two. I'm not sure if Google has a review process, but if they do, it's apparently much faster than Apple's.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #10
Digrdan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMaddGenius View Post
Also wanted to voice the minority opinion: quotes are cute and all, but the simming runs much faster without them. No need to waste time on that when there's actual gameplay issues to solve.
Unless the game is played off of a cassette tape on my vic20, I don't think a scrolling text is going to be slowing down the simulation of games.
They are not waisting time, the problem we are having is that it seems to have been a conscious choice to remove the quotes- no one would care- and let's replace it with self promotion instead.
But they are listening which is everything we could possibly ask for.
Digrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #11
BradC
All Star Starter

Oh, thanks for spoiling our plans to port the game to the Vic 20!

We have a TI-99/4a version in the works too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digrdan View Post
Unless the game is played off of a cassette tape on my vic20, I don't think a scrolling text is going to be slowing down the simulation of games.
They are not waisting time, the problem we are having is that it seems to have been a conscious choice to remove the quotes- no one would care- and let's replace it with self promotion instead.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #12
DaMaddGenius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I know very little about the hardware, but I've been a loyal iootp player since its debut. There's no question the sim runs much faster than last years game. So I just wanted add my 2 cents since it seems no one seems appreciative of that fact. Something strikes me as more important than quotes I could look up somewhere else.
DaMaddGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #13
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMaddGenius View Post
I know very little about the hardware, but I've been a loyal iootp player since its debut. There's no question the sim runs much faster than last years game. ...
On my iPhone 4s, I don't notice it being any faster or slower.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #14
Digrdan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Oh, thanks for spoiling our plans to port the game to the Vic 20!

We have a TI-99/4a version in the works too....
I actually laughed out loud at this.... Thanks, now my wife thinks I'm more weird than she normally does.
Digrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #15
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I actually laughed out loud at this.... Thanks, now my wife thinks I'm more weird than she normally does.

If your wife thinks you're weird then you're playing it correctly.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote