Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Fenway Park - 3d

OOTP,
Are there plans to create a new Fenway Park that doesnt look like it is in mid air over the left field wall?

Also,

For the modders that created the different 3d parks, how or where do you load them? I have a Mac, so any help would be great
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

If you are talking about including background buildings, scenery, etc, I doubt it. All of that would increase the file sizes dramatically.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Understood.

Where would you load the new ones?
Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Regardless of Windows or Mac, you'll need to put the new 3-D models in the ballparks\models folder. To get there on a Mac you'll need to get into the application library, you have to use the option key (I think it's that one) to make it appear in the folders drop-down (it's hidden by default).
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Thanks Mr. Vibert
Old 06-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #6
Gojira
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
If you are talking about including background buildings, scenery, etc, I doubt it. All of that would increase the file sizes dramatically.
I can see your point there... but what about building a wall behind the ballpark and putting a picture of the background on it?
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #7
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

That might work... although it'd be a 2-D background so the depth perception might be off a bit. If you played from a non-standard camera angle, it probably wouldn't look quite right, but since most people play from the high-home angle that is probably a minor concern.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I can take a look at it as a lot of the older parks with not much behind it does look odd. I'm not planning on any stadium specific backgrounds, maybe one or two generic ones. It could ruin the day/night effect too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I can take a look at it as a lot of the older parks with not much behind it does look odd. I'm not planning on any stadium specific backgrounds, maybe one or two generic ones. It could ruin the day/night effect too

The Wrigley Park that comes pre-loaded with the game is the gold standard for the outside-the-park environment, IMO. Perhaps there was a preexisting model for Waveland and Sheffield somewhere. I'm not sure what kind of work goes into that, but maybe there are some generic warehouses, buildings, or parking lot models that could be snagged to help avoid the ballpark-in-space effect that comes with not having anything outside. Just a thought.

Your work is fantastic, and the historical and fictional parks you've created have added immense, indescribable immersion and beauty to OOTP17 for me. Thank you so much for what has to be a huge amount of work.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #10
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
The Wrigley Park that comes pre-loaded with the game is the gold standard for the outside-the-park environment, IMO. Perhaps there was a preexisting model for Waveland and Sheffield somewhere. I'm not sure what kind of work goes into that, but maybe there are some generic warehouses, buildings, or parking lot models that could be snagged to help avoid the ballpark-in-space effect that comes with not having anything outside. Just a thought.

Your work is fantastic, and the historical and fictional parks you've created have added immense, indescribable immersion and beauty to OOTP17 for me. Thank you so much for what has to be a huge amount of work.

I hadn't noticed the wrigley in the game. Haha.

Like I said. Anything that involves using more models for other buildings increases the file size pretty quickly and with that, load times in game. It would be better to use one single wall with an image on it, but then it could have issues with different angles.