Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Help with Independent League

I keep trying to creating independent leagues of baseball, however they seem to always end of filled with 4-5 star players, is their any way to get it to a more realistic level of mostly 1 star players?
Masson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

You should try editing player creation modifiers in League Setup.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
You should try editing player creation modifiers in League Setup.
whats settings would u recommend?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson26 View Post
I keep trying to creating independent leagues of baseball, however they seem to always end of filled with 4-5 star players, is their any way to get it to a more realistic level of mostly 1 star players?
Do you mean created players for that specific league or players being signed from another league?

If it's the latter, you should lower the financial settings. You could use something from the 1970s or 60s.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Do you mean created players for that specific league or players being signed from another league?

If it's the latter, you should lower the financial settings. You could use something from the 1970s or 60s.
Yeah i mean players created for that league, i know no major leaguers are gonna sign for the 10k a year salary
Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I find that if I just edit the salaries of the players in the league, and make sure the team's budgets don't get too high, that will handle most of the problem for me. The only question is with new players created for the league - if you want to reduce their skill you will have to change the PCMs as mentioned above. Personally I like to have a few good players in the league, with the understanding they will almost certainly leave once they become free agents (unless they have sky high loyalty, etc.)
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I find that if I just edit the salaries of the players in the league, and make sure the team's budgets don't get too high, that will handle most of the problem for me. The only question is with new players created for the league - if you want to reduce their skill you will have to change the PCMs as mentioned above. Personally I like to have a few good players in the league, with the understanding they will almost certainly leave once they become free agents (unless they have sky high loyalty, etc.)
i have the salaries set to reality ($3k-$20k), and the salary caps are at the actualy level ($115k or less), but when i play it comes up with all major league calibur players and i really dont know what to set it at to get primarily one star players.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Anyone have any ideas what i might want to change the setting to to make it more realistic?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas what i might want to change the setting to to make it more realistic?
Try setting the player creation modifiers to something similar to minor leagues. Or change them until you find a combination that you consider realistic.

Also, if you have individual ratings on, look at them and not at the star ratings. You will always have 4-5 stars players in an indy, but they might be 1 or 2 in the majors.

I think if you set the indy league to AA or single A, it will use those ratings. Not sure if it only works during creation.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Try setting the player creation modifiers to something similar to minor leagues. Or change them until you find a combination that you consider realistic.

Also, if you have individual ratings on, look at them and not at the star ratings. You will always have 4-5 stars players in an indy, but they might be 1 or 2 in the majors.

I think if you set the indy league to AA or single A, it will use those ratings. Not sure if it only works during creation.
I have them set to between R-AA depending on the particular league.

So if i traded a 4 star indy player to the majors, he could then become a 1 star player in the majors?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I have them set to between R-AA depending on the particular league.
Then check the creation modifiers. I believe Majors are set all at 1.000. Try, maybe around .850 or .800 for the indys. Maybe less. Run some test leagues until you get results you want.

Quote:
So if i traded a 4 star indy player to the majors, he could then become a 1 star player in the majors?
I think I read that here somewhere. Maybe do a search in the forums, see if you find it.

In my indy league + MLB test save, indy at single A level, its best player was 2 stars. The majority of players were half a star.

Last edited by MUFC1878; 08-05-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Then check the creation modifiers. I believe Majors are set all at 1.000. Try, maybe around .850 or .800 for the indys. Maybe less. Run some test leagues until you get results you want.

I think I read that here somewhere. Maybe do a search in the forums, see if you find it.

In my indy league + MLB test save, indy at single A level, its best player was 2 stars. The majority of players were half a star.
thanks the overall star ratings are adjusted based on the league they play in, now just gotta figure out the realistic level.