Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

League Idea Feasibility Question

I am leaning toward purchasing the game as I find myself missing OOTP (2007 was the last time I really played) but i was hoping some one could help me out by telling me if an idea I had is do-able first.

I'd like to run a universe with the real world MLB/Japanese/Mexican leagues enabled but actually do my playing in a fictional Texas-based independent league that co-exists with them. Would it be possible to set up an independent league that takes the scraps of minor league washouts and broke down old MLB has beens? I.E. I don't want the game to generate a parallel huge batch of draft prospects just for my independent league I want the 12-16 teams in that league to fill their rosters by picking up stragglers. Could the AI handle such a format? Thank you in advance for your help.
Aerosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

It can, though it may take a few tests to get things exactly right as far as player movement goes. Depending on how nitpicky you are, anyway. :P
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the reply. So I bought the game, and am having some trouble getting things set up.

Is there a way to have my ficitonal Texas League running concurrently with the real life MLB that includes 2013 rosters, logos, etc. ?

I have downloaded the MLB 2013 quick start but I can only get the rosters to load out of the quick start and not from an advanced mode universe set up.

Secondary question.. is it possible for me to start my Texas League with zero players on the rosters? I'd like to "feed" the fictional teams with free agents and cast offs from MLB and the minors.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

You'll need to start a 2013 MLB game, then go into league setup and add your Texas League. The teams will start with players, though you can go into commish mode and manually delete all of them (the coaches as well).
Old 07-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Aerosol
Minors (Single A)

Hey thanks Oliver, that helps clear things up for me.

I will clear out the rosters of the fictional guys and lets hope the AI knows to go looking for MLB/minor league free agents. I set roster size to 22 so at least all the AI will have to worry about are those 22 slots with no farm teams etc.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Should work. One other thing you'll want to watch out for is your indy league generating players. What you can do is disable the draft and set the player creation settings incredibly low, so that the players that do get generated never sign.