Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Matty86
Major Leagues

Asking team owner for more money

Didn't I see someplace that this was a feature? I'm a Redsox fan but I get sick of playing with all of that money so I usually start up a dynasty with the Pirates... I'm looking to sign a few young kids but I don't have the money to do anything, can you ask the owner to up the budget anyplace??
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
sdctitans
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah that was mentioned as a feature. Also, I thought salary payments were a trade option as well. Like if you wanted to acquire a guy but also wanted $3M per year to offset some salary. Would be worked in, not just a fixed amount at time of trade.
2013 Seattle Seahawks (13-3. SB XLVIII CHAMPS)
2014 Seattle Seahawks (12-4. SB XLIV appearance)
sdctitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdctitans View Post
Yeah that was mentioned as a feature. Also, I thought salary payments were a trade option as well. Like if you wanted to acquire a guy but also wanted $3M per year to offset some salary. Would be worked in, not just a fixed amount at time of trade.
Let me know if you come across how to do it, I haven't seen it yet.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
captkirk685
Minors (Double A)

I am guessing that maybe they were having problems with this feature, so to keep his promise to release the game on time he left the feature out and release it in a later patch after he gets it perfected..
captkirk685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
sdctitans
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirk685 View Post
I am guessing that maybe they were having problems with this feature, so to keep his promise to release the game on time he left the feature out and release it in a later patch after he gets it perfected..

Let's hope!! I liked the idea!
2013 Seattle Seahawks (13-3. SB XLVIII CHAMPS)
2014 Seattle Seahawks (12-4. SB XLIV appearance)
sdctitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
Gargamel70
Bat Boy

Could it be possible its only available during pre-season? The game does start right before the regular season.
Gargamel70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
nedyken
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
Didn't I see someplace that this was a feature? I'm a Redsox fan but I get sick of playing with all of that money so I usually start up a dynasty with the Pirates... I'm looking to sign a few young kids but I don't have the money to do anything, can you ask the owner to up the budget anyplace??
Yeah... I started my OOTP11 franchise as the Pirates. My first couple season I had no idea what the heck I was doing and won like 50 games each season... My budget dropped to something absurd like 40 million. Eventually I got the hang of it and won 5 world series in a row... 7 in 10 seasons. Unfortunately the budget seemed to cap out around 120 million and no matter how much I won I couldn't get my cheap owner to give me more money. I kept having to trade my superstars for future superstars prior to free agency... which caused my fanbase to keep turning on me. Dominant dynasty, but it just got annoying so I fled for Chicago. Having to option to ask for more money would have been nice.

FWIW, it took another decade after I left but the Pirates market size continued to increase and the fan loyalty continued to go up... to the point that by 2040 their market was "rather big" and I saw them have budgets hovering around 160 million+ despite having a losing team.

Random Tangent, though... I'm assuming "market" doesn't refer to the city suddenly "growing". It has to mean that the fanbase across the country has grown. Bandwagon fans in Portland and such. In theory, if a team like the Pirates suddenly had a dominant dynasty and cranked out 5 world series in a row, wouldn't their market instantly skyrocket? Think of the Cleveland Cavs once LeBron joined them... didn't their "market" jump immediately thanks to him? Should it really have taken 40 years of progression for my Pirates to have a huge fan base?

Last edited by nedyken; 06-21-2011 at 01:23 PM.
nedyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel70 View Post
Could it be possible its only available during pre-season? The game does start right before the regular season.
Simmed a season just to test stuff out etc, but as of yet I've yet to discover the ask owner for more cash option.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
Dregen
Minors (Double A)

I hope these things are added in a patch, I was looking forward to them as well.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

That option didn't make it into the release version, there was not enough time left, sorry. We'll add it in a later update
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote