Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
0-2, 2 BB
Minors (Single A)

Who are you starting with?

Monday is game time!

What are you doing first? Historical? Real Rosters? Fictional?

I am jumping in with my Reds, 2011 style and obviously will do 110% better job than Dusty Baker at roster and lineup management. We'll see what happens!

Can't wait! I prepare to log 20 hrs of OOTP on Monday but will probably cut it short at about 18 so I can sleep. ^_^
0-2, 2 BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-2, 2 BB View Post
Monday is game time!

What are you doing first? Historical? Real Rosters? Fictional?

I am jumping in with my Reds, 2011 style and obviously will do 110% better job than Dusty Baker at roster and lineup management. We'll see what happens!

Can't wait! I prepare to log 20 hrs of OOTP on Monday but will probably cut it short at about 18 so I can sleep. ^_^
This is exactly what I'm doing. Word for word. I just hope the game is true to life and Joey Votto is rated higher than Albert Puljus. If not I will probably have to use the editor to fix it so it's more accurate. While I'm at Phillips and Bruce could probaly use some rating adjustments as well.
Dr. dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am considering a full-blown fictional association based in the modern era with all of the bells and whistles turned on. I want to see the new financial system among other things.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. dru View Post
This is exactly what I'm doing. Word for word. I just hope the game is true to life and Joey Votto is rated higher than Albert Puljus. If not I will probably have to use the editor to fix it so it's more accurate. While I'm at Phillips and Bruce could probaly use some rating adjustments as well.
There's no bias here at all. Haha.

I'll be creating a 32 team fictional league and using the 2011 MLB database for players and starting with an initial draft. With the Sioux Falls Snipes I hope to get a few Mariners, but I plan on building a winner with one of the smallest teams in the league :P
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
0-2, 2 BB
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. dru View Post
Right on! Bias or not, we watch these guys everyday and we know their ratings a little better than most, I'm sure.

I'm debating if I am going to start Alsonso in LF from day 1 or not. I think I will. Also, goodbye Edgar, hello Cozart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
I'll be creating a 32 team fictional league and using the 2011 MLB database for players and starting with an initial draft. With the Sioux Falls Snipes I hope to get a few Mariners, but I plan on building a winner with one of the smallest teams in the league :P
I like doing this too. Nashville Twangs, baby! Haha.

Last edited by 0-2, 2 BB; 06-17-2011 at 05:43 PM.
0-2, 2 BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

I'm gonna take the new roster set. Contract 6 teams (KC, PIT, AZ and Toronto are certain, two more still undecided) realign into 6 divisions of four, have an 8 round dispersal draft of the players from the contracted teams. Prolly eliminate the DH too.

I'll be running the Houston franchise and certainly they'll have an early pick in the dispersal draft, so the question there will be to draft a near-ready highly rated prospect or someone who's producing at the ML level already.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I'll do what I always do, which is make a fictional English league.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am considering a full-blown fictional association based in the modern era with all of the bells and whistles turned on. I want to see the new financial system among other things.
Close to this. Importing my 48 team fictional league template, playing with some new options, and doing a lot of simming before I settle on things. Once I'm ready, an 80 year sim before taking control of a bottom dweller.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
sbrylski
Major Leagues

My fictional league that I've been saving for OOTP 12:

Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Royals. As always. But this time, there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT a freight train!!!!
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time editing everything I can to my liking, so I may not be playing until July or August. But when I do play, it will be 2011 Toronto Blue Jays. I'll have to find a way to trade Edwin Encarnacion and get Brett Lawrie on the big club.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Royals. As always. But this time, there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT a freight train!!!!
I'm with this guy! I'm a huge Mariners Fan but something about them damn Royals just screams out awesomeness! Hosmer, Gordon, Butler, oh My!
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
walt526
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2011 Giants.
walt526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
andrewsi
Bat Boy

Real rosters for my play out all games league (2011 Mets).

along side this, I have been working on a 1950's fictional universe based on old time radio, the actors, and the sponsors (ironized yeast anyone?).
I've been waiting for 12 to finish that up and start it.
andrewsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
My usual Canadian league scenario.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
fintach
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt526 View Post
2011 Giants.
I'm tempted to do this as well, but I'll probably stick with my plan -- the Great DH Experiment, or Can a Lifelong NL Fan and DH Hater Enjoy Controlling a Team in the DH-Ridden AL?

The plan: expand MLB by two teams. Move one existing NL Central team to the AL Central, with one of the expansion teams entering the NL Central and the other entering the AL West. I will take over the AL West team and see how it goes.

History:
Portland Purple Knights of the USBL: 1x NL Champs
1970-74 Berkeley Free Radicals of the BBL: 4x Division Title, 3x LCS, 2x Left Coast Cup Champions
2011 Portland River Dragons of the SPL: 1x Division Title
2011 Las Vegas Coyotes (MLB): half season before DH bored me to death.
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Importing my league for the very first time since I started playing ootp 2.

I love this league and going to continue on.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #18
Dr. dru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-2, 2 BB View Post
Right on! Bias or not, we watch these guys everyday and we know their ratings a little better than most, I'm sure.

I'm debating if I am going to start Alsonso in LF from day 1 or not. I think I will. Also, goodbye Edgar, hello Cozart.

I like doing this too. Nashville Twangs, baby! Haha.
I'm going to see if I can pull the wool over the AI's eye and trade Renteria, Rolen, and Gomes for Jose Reyes.
Dr. dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrylski View Post
My fictional league that I've been saving for OOTP 12:

If you put this up as a quickstart, I'd love to give it a shot. Pretty cool idea.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

And for the record, the 2011 Braves of course. My guess is they'll look a heck of a lot better with Ugga(ly) actually HITTING THE BALL!!!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote