Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
[∆] The 1976 Pandemic [∆]

February 5, 1976

Quote:
Fort Dix -- On the afternoon of February 5, 1976, Pvt. David Lewis felt tired and weak during drill. He declined to be seen by the military medics or skip a training hike later in the afternoon.

Just 24 hours later, 19-year-old Pvt. Lewis would succumb to his weakness and was dead. During the next four hours, four other fellow soldiers would be hospitalized with similar symptoms.

Last edited by MorseMoose; 10-20-2009 at 09:47 PM.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

February 20, 1976

Quote:

Fort Dix
-- My fellow Americans, I stand before you today to announce the tragic death of Pvt. David Lewis was due to a reoccurrence of a strand of what we are calling the Swine Flu. We have been able to contain it at Fort Dix and have no reason to believe it will spread.

Regardless of the belief that it is contained, in five days, I will stand before you once again and ask that you receive the Swine Flu vaccination that is being shipped all around the country. This vaccination will prevent the spread of the Flu. We must continue our normal lives. We must use precaution.

Thank you for listening and may God Bless us All.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Ugh, I've had the swine flu since Friday.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

February 25, 1976

Quote:

Fort Dix
-- My fellow Americans, five days ago, I informed you that the Flu had mutated. I told you that I was going to stand in front of you today and encourage you to get vaccinated for the Swine Flu. Here I am.

Call your Doctor, get an appointment to get vaccinated. At this time, there isn't enough vaccinations - but fret not - there will be enough. Get the vaccine and you won't have to worry.

Thank you and God Bless.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

My writing ain't the best, but I think you can get the gist of what's going on.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
treedom
Hall Of Famer

I feel like the thread title is giving me the finger.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom View Post
I feel like the thread title is giving me the finger.
Hah...didn't think of that!

I'll never live up to PLAGUE, but I'm stealing the premise for this. Once the back-story is built, I don't know how much I'm going to be doing OoB stuff. I'd love to do the Elections that PLAGUE brought us...but I'm not so sure I'll have the time.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

March 11, 1976

Caption: Government reports that just 17% of the eligible United States population has received the Swine Flu vaccination. Celebrities are coming out in droves to discourage the general public from getting the Flu shot citing reports that it is to "keep the Man down."

Eric Clapton announces the future release of "No Reason to Cry". He says the album title is a reference to choosing to not receive the Swine Flu vaccination. Robert DeNiro dedicated his performance in Taxi Driver to the "No Reason to Cry" No Vaccination campagin.

Last edited by MorseMoose; 10-20-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
Hah...didn't think of that!

I'll never live up to PLAGUE, but I'm stealing the premise for this. Once the back-story is built, I don't know how much I'm going to be doing OoB stuff. I'd love to do the Elections that PLAGUE brought us...but I'm not so sure I'll have the time.
PLAGUE is a tough act to follow. The funny thing is, I was actually considering something similar, using the 1919 Influenza outbreak as the basis, but decided to just re-start my alternate Civil War dynasty instead.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely be reading.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsport View Post
PLAGUE is a tough act to follow. The funny thing is, I was actually considering something similar, using the 1919 Influenza outbreak as the basis, but decided to just re-start my alternate Civil War dynasty instead.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely be reading.
Definitely. I'm planning on doing two posts a day except for Wednesdays (Master's class).
Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

March 26, 1976

Announced today: The Toronto earns franchise in MLB. Starting in the 1977 season, the Toronto team, nicknamed, the Blue Jays will be playing against the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and more.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

May 25, 1976

Current President Gerald Ford, today, defeated Actor Ron Reagan in three Republican Presidential primaries - almost ensuring the Republican nomination. Reagan, while unwilling to concede, expressed disappointment in the constituents of the three states in which he lost. Ford expressed gratitude, "Let's keep the White House, Red."

Democrats quickly came out expressing horror at the "...Red" statement citing the "Red Scare" and communism. When asked, Reagan just said that he thinks the "Red Scare" is gone but that the Berlin wall stands as a horrific reminder of Communism in Europe. Reagan just wants Germany to take down the wall brick-by-brick.