Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
Tonik427
Bat Boy

salary cap floor

I made a trade and went under the salary cap floor. (well, I was told to rebuild!) Now I can't advance to the next day until I fix it. How? Love the game so far! Roster is full, by the way. In December of current season.
Tonik427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
Cod
All Star Reserve

One of two things:

1) Trade some friendly or worthless contract for an overpriced one.

2) You're going to need to make another deal (2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc.) to free up a roster spot. Then, you need to go out and overpay a free agent.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
Tonik427
Bat Boy

Salary cap floor

Well now that is the problem. I can offer all the trades I want, but
can't advance the day to see if they are accepted. Anybody?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This happen to me, and with commissioner mode, I went in and edited(increased) the salary of several of my players until I was over the floor. Stinks, but is the only way I could move the game forward.

What I did in my next game, was to sim one year, then on July 1st, I went in and reduced the salary cap floor drastically. I then expanded the league and took over an expansion team. I like taking over expansion teams, but won't be doing it in year one anymore.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:23 AM   #5
Tonik427
Bat Boy

Thank you so much. That did the trick. Back to enjoying the game.
I am an older guy, 60, and sometimes things aren't so obvious!
Thanks again!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #6
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Too funny! You and I are the exact same age. Glad to see us "kids" still enjoy a hobby like this.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
Tonik427
Bat Boy

That is funny. I thought I was the only geezer playing these games.
Oh, and sorry about the Phillies!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

There seems to be quite a few issues with the salary cap and floor. I noticed that Of you turn off the salary cap you still a salary cap and to me this is dumb because IF you turn off off the salary the salary cap and salary floor then you should have unlimited money to signing free agents you shouldn't still have a salary cap If you turn off this option.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #9
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
There seems to be quite a few issues with the salary cap and floor. I noticed that Of you turn off the salary cap you still a salary cap and to me this is dumb because IF you turn off off the salary the salary cap and salary floor then you should have unlimited money to signing free agents you shouldn't still have a salary cap If you turn off this option.
Im confused. When u turn off the cap are you saying there is still a league wide cap or are you talking about the teams own internal cap due to budget?
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

That's exactly what I'm saying when you turn off the salary cap you still have a salary cap for all nhl teams. You shouldn't still have a salary cap if you turn it off.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
When you turn off the cap you are limited by the budget of your team as set by the owner. You do not have unlimited funds. A team in a huge market will tend to have more money than a team in a small market. But it is not unlimited.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

I think that If you turn off the salary cap then It should be like OOTP unlimited funds. I think that they need to change that. If your gonna have the ability to turn off the salary cap then It should be no salary cap meaning unlimited funds for all NHL teams. Otherwise they should just get rid of the ability to not have no salary cap If It's not a true no salary cap option.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #13
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
I think that If you turn off the salary cap then It should be like OOTP unlimited funds. I think that they need to change that. If your gonna have the ability to turn off the salary cap then It should be no salary cap meaning unlimited funds for all NHL teams. Otherwise they should just get rid of the ability to not have no salary cap If It's not a true no salary cap option.
As far as I know, in OOTP, not having a cap doesn't allow "unlimited" funds. It allows you to spend based on your team's budget. If your team has a budget, that is how much you can spend to. It makes the team's ability to spend different from each other, but not "unlimited" as you continually put it. I've not ever seen that, although I've not messed around in OOTP with budgets off (if this is even an option) or no financials.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #14
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
As far as I know, in OOTP, not having a cap doesn't allow "unlimited" funds. It allows you to spend based on your team's budget. If your team has a budget, that is how much you can spend to. It makes the team's ability to spend different from each other, but not "unlimited" as you continually put it. I've not ever seen that, although I've not messed around in OOTP with budgets off (if this is even an option) or no financials.
Correct - even in OOTP with no salary cap you are still restricted by the teams budget as what you can spend. It's not a free for all. The owner only gives you so much money, and like real life, takes a lot of your profit.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #15
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Correct - even in OOTP with no salary cap you are still restricted by the teams budget as what you can spend. It's not a free for all. The owner only gives you so much money, and like real life, takes a lot of your profit.
Anyone know if its possible to increase our budgets in commish mode? It doesnt seem we can go over our budgets in commish mode.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:23 PM   #16
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Anyone know if its possible to increase our budgets in commish mode? It doesnt seem we can go over our budgets in commish mode.
No, not to my knowledge. Would be a good feature to have added though.