Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #41
BMD
All Star Reserve

I will start with my beloved Buccos.

Since the two positions they have had the most issues with this year are C and 3b I will try to add some deth by trading a minor leaguer for a veteran capable of playing both positions. You know, like Brandon Inge.

Then I will keep an eye on the available personnel list for the unlikely occurance that Jim Leyland becomes available so I can hire him as my bench coach. Hey was in the dugout the last time the Pirates had a winning season. Maybe he would be good luck.

So . . . um . . . RandyTiger, you wouldn' t happen to be in any online leagues would you, hmmm?
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
Casimir
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have had every version of OOTP since 4 and always start a new game to get my feet wet regardless of how different/similar the new version is. I'll start a game to goof around with the 2011 Tigers.

Plans are in place for a fictional major league based in the USA and Canada. Start out with 48 teams in 8 divisions, get about 20 seasons autosimmed, and then expand to 54 teams in 9 divisions taking control of the newborn Toledo Mud Hens.
Casimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #43
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
I will start with my beloved Buccos.

Since the two positions they have had the most issues with this year are C and 3b I will try to add some deth by trading a minor leaguer for a veteran capable of playing both positions. You know, like Brandon Inge.

Then I will keep an eye on the available personnel list for the unlikely occurance that Jim Leyland becomes available so I can hire him as my bench coach. Hey was in the dugout the last time the Pirates had a winning season. Maybe he would be good luck.

So . . . um . . . RandyTiger, you wouldn' t happen to be in any online leagues would you, hmmm?
Nope, sorry, solo play only.

I don't intend to try online, considering all the reports about problem players I've read on the 11 online forum. If it was a small group of reliable people with a stable history, I might reconsider and learn how to play online. Otherwise, I'd rather not put myself through that kind of frustration.

*trades you Leyland, Inge, and Raburn for a bag of popcorn and a buck (the venison kind)*
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #44
Casimir
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
Brandon Inge, leading the world in check swing strikes.
Casimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #45
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

The Marlins, no idea why though.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #46
sofla97
Minors (Double A)

"I will start with my beloved Buccos.

Since the two positions they have had the most issues with this year are C and 3b I will try to add some deth by trading a minor leaguer for a veteran capable of playing both positions. You know, like Brandon Inge."

Why don't you just wait for Pedro Alvarez to develop ? I'm sure he'll be a stud in no time.

Last edited by sofla97; 06-18-2011 at 10:18 AM.
sofla97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #47
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

I'll probably be bringing in my fictional leagues and continuing them on. I'll probably also try out the MLB playing as the A's and see how well I can do that.

Fircoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #48
kielcary
Bat Boy

Royals

My plan is 2011 Royals, just like a couple of other people here.

Get through the 2011 season, dump some bloated contracts at the deadline, allow some less-than-good vets to play out the season, and wait for 2012 to start calling up Hosmer, Moustakas, Duffy, etc.

Maybe I will see what I can get for Robinson, or maybe see what I can get for Butler and promote Robinson... even though Butler is probably my favorite Royal since George.

Can't wait! This is actually my first OOTP baseball other than taking a look at OOTP 11 which someone else had purchased. Reading on these forums and checking the reviews led me to pre-order. I've played Baseball Mogul for many years, but I'm ready for a change.

I'm also excited for the fictional leagues, but I need to look into it more. I saw a guy create a Nebraska league on these forums... sounds like fun, since it's my home state. I also was thinking about creating an Army fictional league, using several Army posts and the cities attached to them.

First I have to get all the fictional mechanics and setup down!

Last edited by kielcary; 06-18-2011 at 12:12 PM.
kielcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #49
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I'm a big Mariner fan too. I'm just hoping if the rosters aren't quite up-to-date with all the rookies joining the roster (I think they have finally settled in with the addition of Ackley), that I can at least easily edit adds or subtracts. What a renaissance the Mariners are having with rookies! (sorry Lou, I know you hate the idea of rookies playing...but get use to it!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #50
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Going to try managing.

Going to take a minor league team (real life rosters) and see if I can win the championship. If I can I will see if there is a promotion to the next minor league level.

Going to take the Delmarva Shorebirds (A-BAL) as it was the first Minor League stadium I went to way back in 2002.

Of course as manager the organisation will decide which players will be on my team through out the season.

I may even try and write a dynasty report!
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #51
Xavier12
Minors (Single A)

First year of OOTP (started with 8) that I'm not sure how I want to start. I want to find a cool fictional template and play some seasons and expand but not really sure where to start.
Xavier12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #52
mirrf
All Star Starter

Usually I go fictional all the way, but this time I'm starting off with my beloved A's. I need the challenge.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #53
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I will either try to do better with the Oakland A's than they are really doing or take the Cardinals and try to win it all.

I wished the weekend was over with. I never wished for Monday to get here.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #54
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If you put this up as a quickstart, I'd love to give it a shot. Pretty cool idea.
Ditto that, that looks pretty awesome.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #55
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I will do three different things ... first starting a historical league with the Seattle Pilots in 1969, letting them become the Brewers and become a dynasty

Then starting something all the way back in 1871 ...

and yes, starting a fictional league, because this is the real thing.

When you pick up a 20-year old Barry Bonds or Greg Maddux in a historical league, no matter how their ratings are, you know they will be productive MLers, but in fictional leagues, you have no clue.

And as always, my Triple-A team will be the Cooperstown Legends ... is there anything better than going from the Majors directly to Cooperstown
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #56
oman19
All Star Starter

I use close the real MLB set-up but with fictional players.

I will go to a 15 and 15 format by moving Houston to the AL West.
I will put in a $100m cap.
DH in both leagues.
Rotating interleague schedule similiar to the NFL's. The schedules are found here. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-schedule.html

Then I will take over the Detroit Tigers as GM. I set up line-ups and pitching staff then hit quick play one game at a time and check out every box score and do my GM thin making adjustments to the roster and line-ups/pitching staffs as needed.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #57
mp33
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If you put this up as a quickstart, I'd love to give it a shot. Pretty cool idea.
Yup, me too. Does/will the relegation and promotion work?

Otherwise I'll go with Boston and a fictional league.

Legacy Baseball League - Philadelphia Brewers
- former -
United States of Baseball - Houston Defenders
British Baseball Society - Northumbria 1530
mp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #58
AstrosFan409
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just started playing ootp here recently with the ootp 11 demo, I have alot to learn so i will start with my 2011 Astros and go from there would like to look into these fictional leagues and what not though so far Love this game but i know there is sooo much more to it then what ive discovered so far, cant wait to dive into it and really figure this stuff out.
AstrosFan409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #59
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Rockies.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #60
sdctitans
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My start...

I'll be starting with the real 2011 setup, and taking control of the Seattle Mariners. Guiding Ackley, Pineda and Franklin to stardom while trying to keep Felix and Smoak in the fold. Figgins will be gone in no time and we will see what becomes of Ichiro in his later years.
2013 Seattle Seahawks (13-3. SB XLVIII CHAMPS)
2014 Seattle Seahawks (12-4. SB XLIV appearance)
sdctitans is offline   Reply With Quote