Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
mpokrandt
Minors (Double A)

OOTP - Locking Up & Injuries

2 observations, after playing about 3/4 of a season:

1) The game locks up regularly. I've never had this happen, with any recent version of OOTP. Anybody else having this issue?

2) An INSANE amount of injuries. At one point, just before the All-Star Break, I had 6 of my top 7 SP on the DL. Anybody else having this issue?
mpokrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpokrandt View Post

1) The game locks up regularly. I've never had this happen, with any recent version of OOTP. Anybody else having this issue?

2) An INSANE amount of injuries. At one point, just before the All-Star Break, I had 6 of my top 7 SP on the DL. Anybody else having this issue?

The Mets every year lol
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #3
Twisted_Krakken
Bat Boy

Quote:

I have always played with injuries setting on low. Anything higher an injuries tend to be ridiculous all around the Major League, not just my team. I am fine with injuries...I welcome them. However above low setting is just ridiculous.
Twisted_Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:58 AM   #4
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Krakken View Post
I have always played with injuries setting on low. Anything higher an injuries tend to be ridiculous all around the Major League, not just my team. I am fine with injuries...I welcome them. However above low setting is just ridiculous.
MLB is known for ridiculous injuries. They had a pitcher miss several weeks last year because he was cooking a bbq and hurt his back at the smoker lol
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #5
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
FWIW the high realistic setting is well.... realistic.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 AM   #6
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:

1) I’ve had only one crash *knock on wood* since the beta launch, and I had the game running for several hours. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, and it was an in-game crash.

2) That’s life. I had one file where I lost my middle infielders within a week of each other for 6 weeks each. Next file (my current one), really no major injuries, except I just lost my star third baseman for the season (I’m in June). I don’t mind injuries. It’s part of the game and forced you to adapt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:59 AM   #7
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:

1) No. OOTP has been rock solid for me and I often leave it running when I leave the house or feel like doing something else. Just don't forget to save your game if you have auto-save set to month or year. I've lost a month a couple of times when I first started playing.

3) Eh. I only have 3 months of ootp experience. I started with 20 and moved immediately to 21 when it became available. My first season in my first saved game was a disaster with injuries. I lost my 3 top SP's within a 3-4 month span. Injury times ranged between 11 months and 16 months. Then, one guy came off the DL, threw 11 pitches and his arm blew up again. Like a crybaby, I wrote a lengthy post about the whole ordeal. After 3 months of playing, I think the injury system is realistic. It's always going to suck when you lose a starting player. I learned to keep an eagle eye on my players' fatigue. Especially pitchers. Occasionally, I'll switch to a six-man rotation just so I can give my starting 5 one extra day rest. Once that fill-in pitcher throws one game, I'm back to a five-man rotation.