Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-07-2019, 12:12 AM   #1
SB1985
Minors (Single A)

Draft question...

So I have been playing around with the settings and I have a few draft related questions.

1) There is a setting under players and it gives you the option to allow the players of that league to be drafted into another league. I have 2 questions about this. First, is this just in place of the regular amateurs that are from my feeder league (high school/college) or are they available too in addition to players from other leagues? Second, the inclusion of another leagues players to be selected would they be used to fill up rosters on added teams to divisions should I expand minor league affiliates. Meaning I am adding expansion teams to the leagues and they won’t have any players on that team will a special draft be held or do I just have to affiliate them to a mlb team and it becomes another level/team in my system?

2) On one of the sections you can set up an association between leagues. Will the feeder system talent be draftable to these other leagues and will it include players that are draft eligible (non-fakes) from say japan and south korea?

3) What exactly does the free agent draft do and where do the players get drafted to? Are these free agent drafts worldwide or just the list determined free agent by the ai in the game? I know you can explore the world and find players but the free agent list doesn’t include everyone that is unsigned around the world as best I could tell. Also, if you turn on the option for another leagues players to be in the draft (from above) are they included since it is an upcoming draft?

Any help would be appreciated...
SB1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i can help with 3)

just like a fantasy, but only FA... all teams, unless you customize draft order and re-import the order... can remove teams if you wish.

they just are in a pool and a draft ensues. i guess budget concerns can impact results for various teams. all available FA...

in the past, i think it would include the upcoming draft class? double check that... may not be what you want, may not be true, either, lol. been years since i clicked that funciton.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
SB1985
Minors (Single A)

Also, I set my settings to the ai can’t make any roster decisions. Does this mean that I will be drafting for every team myself?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i would avoid using that particular setting. i can't recall the specific reason, but you can find me stating it here and there over the years in forums, lol.

it's only for your team, not the league... unless you set yourself to control all teams, that is. assuming this is the check box under Team settings?

in manager's office you can make sure you have not delegated anything. Also, there is a "legacy gm mode" in global/game settings thatwill allow you greater control than normal -- e.g. if you have a control-freak AI coach, he won't override your choices for strategy or depth charts.

if you prevent all ai roster moves, it'll make certain things more tediuous for you.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-10-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #5
SB1985
Minors (Single A)

I set it to that setting before I hold my draft. I have been playing it with ai on for all teams except 1. I haven’t done the draft yet because I’m not sure how the process works completely.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

that setting stops the AI from doing literally everything for your team... every mundane action must be taken by you for your team.

are you a gm or coach or both? if gm, it's simply about not delegating that responsibility to the AI, and it's all you. the 'prevent AI roster moves" isn't necessary.

if you are referencing some function on League Settings, that's a bit different. you can set it to control all teams, if that's what you are referencing.. in that case you would have to pick for all teams... but, there's an option to allow computer to start picking at any time.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-11-2019 at 07:30 PM.