Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-17-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Has anyone else seen a problem with strict rotation?

With latest patch, has anyone noticed same pitcher starting back to back games even though strict order is on, and other pitchers are rested and not injured? It has only happened twice, once in each of my last 2 seasons.

I uploaded my league file and sent an email to Matt.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this happen???
Old 07-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
IsaacR
Major Leagues

I've seen the AI start my set-up man, closer, long man, and other relievers with a strict rotation. Never seen a starter go back-to-back.
I've taken to "Always Start Highest Rested.". It just seems most logical.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:27 AM   #3
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacR View Post
I've seen the AI start my set-up man, closer, long man, and other relievers with a strict rotation. Never seen a starter go back-to-back.
I've taken to "Always Start Highest Rested.". It just seems most logical.
Same pitcher, same season. First time he started Friday and Saturday back to back. The last series of the regular season he started Friday and Sunday, and the Sunday starter, while not injured and fully rested, just sat on the bench.

IMHO, this is a showstopper....
Old 07-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Is this with the use of 7-day lineups or no? I feel like maybe I've had this issue while using them before, went away from them and things seemed to work better.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Just happened to me...I hadn't checked the line-up either(something I usually do)and he almost started until i noticed and took him out!
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Is this with the use of 7-day lineups or no? I feel like maybe I've had this issue while using them before, went away from them and things seemed to work better.
Not using 7-day lineups.

Frustration is that I started league in 1871, up to 1909. Never happened until 1908, happened 1 time.

1909, same pitcher has had it happen twice. One start was on Friday and then Saturday. that was week 3 or so. Last series of the season, he threw Friday and Sunday - and of course, got hurt throwing Sunday on 1 days rest...

Frustrating thing was the game that day showed the #3 pitcher being the starting pitcher in 'scores' before the game was played that day but the AI manager must have had a hunch and gave #1 the ball again....

Further frustration was that team had already clinched the division and #1 missed his post-season start...
Old 07-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Never had it happen unless I get kicked out of a sim by injury and forget to finish day.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Never had it happen unless I get kicked out of a sim by injury and forget to finish day.
I have seen it happen 3 times in 38 seasons. But those 3 times have been the past 2 seasons...
Old 07-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #9
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
I have seen it happen 3 times in 38 seasons. But those 3 times have been the past 2 seasons...
Just curious if it happened on the last day of the month and then the first day of the next month. I have seen it in earlier versions but it seemed to happen when the AI reset the pitching staff of a computer-managed team for the new month. If a guy's turn came on the last day, then the AI reset the staff going forward, then if he was the #1 starter (or the new #1) his turn would come up again. Again, I don't have 16, so this may not be relevant.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #10
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
Just curious if it happened on the last day of the month and then the first day of the next month. I have seen it in earlier versions but it seemed to happen when the AI reset the pitching staff of a computer-managed team for the new month. If a guy's turn came on the last day, then the AI reset the staff going forward, then if he was the #1 starter (or the new #1) his turn would come up again. Again, I don't have 16, so this may not be relevant.
Exactly. This does happen. I have not been able to convince Markus about this, however. He contends that the game checks to see if a pitcher is exhausted before making him pitch a game. My guess is that the change in rotation order is made after the AI has done this check and cleared the next spot in rotation, not the next pitcher who shows up in that spot.

Since I watch all my games, when I see this happen I can fix it. No way to do that when you sim multiple games.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #11
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
Good guess but no. Middle of the month....
Old 07-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #12
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Exactly. This does happen. I have not been able to convince Markus about this, however. He contends that the game checks to see if a pitcher is exhausted before making him pitch a game. My guess is that the change in rotation order is made after the AI has done this check and cleared the next spot in rotation, not the next pitcher who shows up in that spot.

Since I watch all my games, when I see this happen I can fix it. No way to do that when you sim multiple games.
Glad I am not the only one seeing this. Thought it was something I was doing. But no one was injured. No roster moves made. Rotation not changed.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #13
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
With latest patch, has anyone noticed same pitcher starting back to back games even though strict order is on, and other pitchers are rested and not injured? It has only happened twice, once in each of my last 2 seasons.

I uploaded my league file and sent an email to Matt.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this happen???
I'm in an online league whose season just started. I use a strict rotation, so I'll keep my eye out.

Once I had my staff all set up and on strict rotation, but accidentally it was also on "one player rotation". This caused my number 1 starter to start every other game... and relievers start in between.
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #14
SteveP

Quote:
Glad I am not the only one seeing this. Thought it was something I was doing. But no one was injured. No roster moves made. Rotation not changed.
If the rotation didn't change, then it is hard to guess the cause. I've seen problems like this in the past when OOTP crashes while you are playing out a game, but crashes like that are pretty rare now. Perhaps a bug of some kind in your game files??
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
If the rotation didn't change, then it is hard to guess the cause. I've seen problems like this in the past when OOTP crashes while you are playing out a game, but crashes like that are pretty rare now. Perhaps a bug of some kind in your game files??
Knock on wood, no crashes. No rhyme or reason to it, that is for sure.
Just finished 1910 and didn't happen this season. I have uploaded league files to OOTP crew for them to check it out...
Old 07-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #16
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

UGH! Just happened again. Second series of 1911. Way I play - 3 pitcher rotation. Games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - think College Baseball.

On Friday, #2 starts

Saturday, #3 starts

Sunday, #2 starts again.

All 3 were not injured, not suspended and rested.

I uploaded before and after league to to FTP site for OOTP folks to look at.

I am going to punt 1911 and start it over again and see if it happens again.

This is so frustrating....
Old 07-19-2015, 12:56 AM   #17
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

I quit....

Restarted season. Series #2 - a different team does same thing, starts
#1, #2 and then #1 again even though #3 is not injured, not suspended and rested. Next 3 series #1, #2 and #3 start like they are supposed to...

This is so frustrating. I am just stopping until this is fixed...
Old 07-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This is all happening just since the last patch (16.6.30), David?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #19
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
This is all happening just since the last patch (16.6.30), David?
Yes...
Old 07-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #20
Okay
Minors (Single A)

No problems with strict rotation In two online leagues I'm in. Maybe it has something to do with playing in 1901.
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote