Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Advice

I'm thinking about giving a historical replay using real transactions a go. Starting in 1901, I want to see how far I can get. Really hoping this can be the league that takes me into OOTP16, as I'm getting tired of starting and destroying.

One thing that is clear right from the start with this type of league setup is that injuries will have to be turned off to start. Some teams are lucky if they have 20 total players on their roster. To counter this I have decided to use the high player fatigue setting. My question to y'all is, what would you set your Hall of Fame criteria at if you were playing a league without injuries. Remember this is a real transactions league so players will miss seasons and retire according to history. 1 year recalc with development off.

I figure as I move forward I may be able to turn injuries on, but I do wonder if any setting higher than low will work. However if it looks like I will have to play 10 or more season without injuries off due to lack of players, I will probably just leave them off for the duration. I'm not a huge fan of having shortstops catch.

Thanks.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

If you use real lineups you can keep your HOF standards at default.

I play this way: injuries off, real lineups, real transactions, one year recalc. I also set up each season and maintain spreadsheets for each team, charting rotations and games missed. I move players off the active roster if they missed 15 or more consecutive days and then move them back on when they return to the lineup. Keeping the rotations accurate actually helps make the bullpen usage accurate, otherwise the AI will make certain pitchers pitch almost every day. It is a lot of extra "offline" work but I enjoy it and have learned a lot about roster management and baseball history. Also, if you use real schedules, be mindful of doubleheaders and the extra man on the roster.

Good luck and have fun!
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote