Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #1521
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Now that we're getting both Promotion/Relegation, and the ability the create international tournaments in OOTP18, I'd really love to add this league to any fictional (or even non-fictional) historical league I create.

At the very least, I'd really love to see the old Chuck meister continue this league with OOTP18 into modern times.
I could say that I took a long hiatus from the League because I've been very busy with stuff, and with life in general, and for the most part that would be true. But whole truth be told, a key reason I took the hiatus is because the League became exhausting. It would take something like 20 or 30 man hours to do a single season, including all the steps for running the league, crunching all the stats after the season was done, and especially the writing.

It's a lot of fun, but after doing 40 seasons of it I got exhausted. I hope this will re-energize me.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #1522
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
I could say that I took a long hiatus from the League because I've been very busy with stuff, and with life in general, and for the most part that would be true. But whole truth be told, a key reason I took the hiatus is because the League became exhausting. It would take something like 20 or 30 man hours to do a single season, including all the steps for running the league, crunching all the stats after the season was done, and especially the writing.

It's a lot of fun, but after doing 40 seasons of it I got exhausted. I hope this will re-energize me.
I hope so, too. Derby deserves a better tale. COYR!

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #1523
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post

If it's any consolation, those 20-30 hours per season certainly weren't wasted. Your storytelling gave the simulation an authentic, hand-crafted feel. In fact, if I wasn't a baseball fan and not familiar with the history of the game, and I stumbled across this thread, I'd swear you were re-telling the history of an actual league in England.

At any rate, enjoy your hiatus. Hope to see you back in the storytelling saddle again someday.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #1524
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
If it's any consolation, those 20-30 hours per season certainly weren't wasted. Your storytelling gave the simulation an authentic, hand-crafted feel. In fact, if I wasn't a baseball fan and not familiar with the history of the game, and I stumbled across this thread, I'd swear you were re-telling the history of an actual league in England.

At any rate, enjoy your hiatus. Hope to see you back in the storytelling saddle again someday.
Wow, very high praise. That's the exact effect I was going for. Thank you.

I promise I will try to restart this. I don't know when exactly. Hopefully sometime after 18 officially comes out.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #1525
RMc
All Star Starter

Bump, guv'ner?
Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #1526
RMc
All Star Starter

Thread...dead...?!
Old 07-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #1527
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

I'd really like to pick this up again at some point, but it is a lot of work to maintain at the level I was putting into it, and I'd have to transfer everything to OOTP 20 from its current OOTP 16. I'll consider it, but it may not be soon. Thank for your interest, man, I appreciate that.