Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #81
jarealdumer
Bat Boy

Are those 3 teams still available? Conveniently, I have 3 owners that have been homeless since the collapse of the NABA last year and just haven't gotten around to finding another league. We also happen to be 3 of the 4 division winners from our final season, so you wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Please let me know...thanks!
jarealdumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #82
mikev
Hall Of Famer

GUBA needs one...

The Havana Perfectos are available.

The GUBA needs one owner to take over the Havana franchise. The previous owner had to step down due to outside circumstances.

Havana's brightest star is infielder Alfredo Meran, a shortstop who is an offensive force. Havana's pitching, in short, sucks.

The team is a rebuilding project, but the pieces are there to grow the farm system from within. Currently 10 million under budget, the ability to sign a couple free agents is also there, in order to add a couple arms.

Spring Training starts in the GUBA TODAY. It's the perfect time to take over a team!

PM me if interested, we have turned open registration off on the GUBA Forums.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #83
Icy
All Star Reserve

Mikev, i have just sent you PM as i'm interested in the Habana Perfectos if are still available.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #84
mikev
Hall Of Famer

The GUBA currently has two openings, we're looking for a couple of dedicated owners, forum whores, eclectic thinkers, and what have you that want to come join the fray.

Currently the GUBA is in August, 2010. The trade deadline just passed, meaning the stretch run is coming. As far as transactions and team shaping, there's not a ton that will be going on until the offseason comes around, so it's a pretty good time to get into a team, see what you've got, and get a plan in place that you can start to implement with the coming offseason.

Here's a brief summary of the two available teams:

The Moscow Enforcers

Current 2010 Record: 50-54, 11.0 games out of first place, FIBB-Euro divison

Moscow are the reigning FIBB champions, losing in the GUBA's championship, the Hemispheric Series. However, they've had a bit of a fall from grace this year, most of it due to an absentee owner. Their best hitter, by far, is Robert "Rattler" Elliot, one of the best center fielders in the league. Elliot and outfielder/DH Dale Abrams make up a fearsome middle of the order 1-2 punch. The Enforcers pitching I would describe as solid but unspectacular. Alberto Marquis and Carlos Vazquez are solid hurlers, but the Enforcers lack a true staff ace. Their shutdown closer Alex Geldard is having an uncharastically bad year, yet is still on pace for over 30 saves. Financially, the Enforcers are just about 15 million dollars under budget (79M payroll, 94M budget) and stand to be in the green after the season is over, so a few key free agent pickups could put them right back into contention in 2011.

The Sao Paulo Surf

Current 2010 Record: 46-58, 16.0 games out of first place, FIBB-Latino division

Another squad in the midst of a rebuild, Sao Paulo needs a solid owner that is going to stick around and see the rebuilding through. The team is currently 21M in the red, but with a miniscule 34 million dollar payroll, the Surf figure to right the financial ship during the offseason. That's a good thing, because they'll need to add some bats - they currently have the worst offense in the FIBB. Suzuki and Denanda are decent starters, and closer Jamie Cerda is probably the best pitcher on the team. 23 year old Takeshi Inoue and 24 year old Patrick Cornett are the only real threats on offense. If you're up for a bit of a challenge, Sao Paulo is the team for you.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #85
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Both these teams are in decent shape and would be a good start for any owner. This league is extremely active and full of good owners!!!
karadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #86
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Bump-a-roonie. The GUBA is near the end of September. It's a good time to get in since we're still a ways away from free agency and the offseason. PM me.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #87
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Moscow Filled!

Still looking for one dedicated owner that is up for the challenge of rebuilding Sao Paulo. Tomorrow's sim will take the GUBA up to October 1, 2010.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #88
cbuck54
Bat Boy

If you still need someone, I'll take them

Chad Buchholz
cbuck54@gmail.com
cbuck54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #89
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Both teams have been filled, we're full for now.

We'd still love to have some new Vultures lurking around the forums though, you're welcome to sign up. Just let me know what username you sign up with so I can approve the account (spambots keep us from leaving registration open)
Old 04-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #90
mikev
Hall Of Famer

The GUBA is looking for approximately one-point-seven new faces to come and join the fray. Here are the teams available:

The Manhattan Myst

Manhattan is a team in need of just a couple of shrewd moves to put them over the top and make them contenders. They've got a legit Ace in Ernesto Ortega and they have the big hitters Antonio Nunez and youngster Cristobal Rodriguez. They've also got a perennial reliever of the year candidate in Taisho Ohayashi, a 24 year old rookie flamethrower. With a miniscule $47 million payroll and a budget of just over $94 million, the ability to aquire some high priced talent is there. A few solid moves and Manhattan is right back in contention in the MBBA Atlantic division.

The Pago Pago Coconuts

For being a fairly sucky team in recent history, Pago Pago can at least boast a celebrity-filled list of alumni owners. None other than OOTP's very own Steve Battisti is on the list of former owners, as well as former MBBA Commissioner and current Milwaukee Brewers homer/OOTP Beta Tester Matt Rectenwald. Recte is still the GM, but is looking for an assistant GM to keep an eye on the team while he starts putting more of his OOTP time into testing the new version and making sure that the sound is authentic.

As far as the Coconuts, Recte had a TON of money for free agency, and wasn't afraid to spend it. The new outfield consists of superstars Felipe Valencia, Antonio Mejia, and Clancy Cardenas. Shortstop Marcos Sierra may be the best player on the team, and he's not even arbitration eligible. The pitching is average, with Juan Reyes getting off to the quickest start on the young 2011 season.

Pago Pago is a great opportunity for somebody without a lot of online league experience to get their feet wet, and (even though he's a douchebag) get a helping hand from one of the better OOTP owners out there.

As always, The GUBA forums are the place where the traveshamrockery takes place, and registration is on admin-approval to avoid spambots. If you're interested in either of the teams available, reply to this and let me know what you registered as a username on the forums so I can get you approved and get you into a team.

Come see us!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #91
mysicviper
Minors (Single A)

interested

Looking to join if possible was a huge ootp player in the past, just got back in after a few years email me at therealdeal1977@yahoo.com if you have a spot available
mysicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #92
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

I think we still have some openings. Great league, sign up now you won't ever regret it.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #93
Recte44
Global Moderator

There are definitely some openings. More details will come tomorrow. If interested, or have any questions, please PM me here. Also, if you register for our forums, PM me here and let me know what name you used so I can approve your account.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #94
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Get in here. These boys knew good radio when they hear it....

...ok adequate radio.....

....mediocre radio?

Just get your ass in here already!
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #95
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Definately some openings for some decent teams. This league is great and full of entertaining active owners. Sign up, get a team or join the waiting list!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #96
Recte44
Global Moderator

Looking for a new owner for the Birmingham Bandits.

Birmingham Bandits 68 46 .596 9.0GB

30 year old leftfielder Tom "Spud" Parkinson is the offensive star of the show, overcoming a horrendous groin injury that cost him the entire 2009 season to come back and make the All-Star team in both 2010 and 2011.

Even better, the new owner of the Bandits will have possibly the future greatest pitcher in GUBA history, one Chris "The Machine" Stevenson. The #1 overall pick in the 2007 Amateur Draft, Stevenson arrived in the majors right after the All-Star break in 2008 and since then has gone 59-32. Just 24 years old, he's currently 18-6, with two months to go in the season.

The Bandits are right in the thick of the playoff race. With Stevenson on the roster, all the rest is gravy.

PM me with your interest, check the first page in this thread for our details. We hope to see you soon over in the GUBA!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #97
Recte44
Global Moderator

In addition to the Birmingham ownership position, we need someone to jump on board as the Greenville Moonshiners' AGM. Their GM is having computer issues and will be without OOTP access for about 2-3 weeks. Perfect situation for someone to get their feet wet in an online league, if you're brand new at online leagues and just want to give it a try, this is a great opportunity.

PM me if interested.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #98
Recte44
Global Moderator

Both openings filled. Thanks for the quick interest. It's a great league- if you're still interested by all means come over and join us- the quickest way to ownership is being "around".
Old 05-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #99
mikev
Hall Of Famer

The Long Beach Surfers

The GUBA is currently looking for one new owner to take over the Long Beach franchise. If you're an OOTPer that wants the challenge of rebuilding, Long Beach is for you. They've got a decent starting staff, a pretty fantastic closer, and a downright awful offense.

Ed Hendrix is the ace of the LB staff, only 30 years old, and under contract through the next 4 seasons. You can pretty much pencil him in for 225+ innings of 3.00 ERA ball and a 1.15 WHIP every year. Claudio Cantú is a 24 year old who had a solid rookie campaign - 217 innings, 3.72 ERA. Ramón Guerrero was phenomenal in the closer role, saving 37 of the team's 65 wins last season. Quite frankly, the rest of the pitching staff wasn't very good.

Offensively, I can't lie. The Surfers were bad. They were 3rd in the league in stolen bases, and last in basically everything else. Their leading hitter only batted .264, and their only power threat is an aging catcher who is about to become a free agent.

With a relatively low 60M budget, and an even smaller 46M payroll (of which 15M is about to come off the books), the Surfers will have plenty of cash available to make free agent offers this (just about to be underway) offseason.

Come join the GUBA! If you're interested, come join the forums. Please respond HERE and let me know what SN you signed up with and I'll approve your account -- it helps keep the spambots away.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #100
Recte44
Global Moderator

Going into the offseason it's highly likely that I'm going to need at least a couple of new GM's to take over some floundering clubs. Bear in mind this is a league that requires minimal writing, so please don't sign up if you aren't interested in being a consistent contributor.