Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 02:51 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We're always open for suggestions. Also keep in mind that often it's a matter of opinion which team should be chosen and of course, human error. When we select the cards & their teams sometimes errors happen. We will try to fix these for PT21 of course.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:35 AM   #22
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
Can some please explain to me how:
A legendary Bert Blyleven is a Cleveland Indian
A Legendary Paul Molitor is a Toronto Blue Jay

This is what leads me to believe, people know very little about the history of baseball, but because they understand sabermetrics, they believe they are a baseball expert.
I'd really like to thank you for your opinion. The team has spent 100's of hours developing the card base for PT 20 and I personally spend hours each week to make sure we have quality content to keep the game fresh and exciting each and every Monday.

Mistakes are going to happen. When it comes to the Peak cards, the only thing the logo on the card does is show the logo on the card, those cards are still made up of a combination of their career stats, we just happen to have picked that particular year/logo for the card.

Oh and by the way, where did Molitor win his only World Series title where he was WS MVP again? I know little about the history of baseball, so maybe I forgot...

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #23
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
I'd really like to thank you for your opinion. The team has spent 100's of hours developing the card base for PT 20 and I personally spend hours each week to make sure we have quality content to keep the game fresh and exciting each and every Monday.

Mistakes are going to happen. When it comes to the Peak cards, the only thing the logo on the card does is show the logo on the card, those cards are still made up of a combination of their career stats, we just happen to have picked that particular year/logo for the card.

Oh and by the way, where did Molitor win his only World Series title where he was WS MVP again? I know little about the history of baseball, so maybe I forgot...
Paul Molitor played for 21 years and had more than 3000 hits.
If his Legendary Card Team is Determined by the 1 year he won a world series and was WS MVP, then thank you, you just made my point. I stand by my original quote.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #24
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Paul Molitor played for 21 years and had more than 3000 hits.
If his Legendary Card Team is Determined by the 1 year he won a world series and was WS MVP, then thank you, you just made my point. I stand by my original quote.
Well, I am sure some HoF members chose a team for their hat which was controversial too, at times. Heck, isn't that the beauty of baseball history that you can have great discussions like this?

I for one like Molitor being a Blue Jay.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-11-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #25
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, I am sure some HoF members chose a team for their hat which was controversion too, at times.
Andre Dawson has some questions pertaining to this concept of "choice" in representation

Late Edit: I probably should have put a in the original message to make sure people were clear that my comment was not intended to be mean spirited. Sorry for any confusion.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-11-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #26
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, I am sure some HoF members chose a team for their hat which was controversion too, at times. Heck, isn't that the beauty of baseball history that you can have great discussions like this?

I for one like Molitor being a Blue Jay.
Markus,
I am not trying to be an idiot towards you guys, I love this game. I started watching baseball games in the late 60s. I saw Mays, Clemente, Bench, Rose, etc, all play live.
My grandfather used to tell me stories about Honus Wagner (who he saw play live). My perception of Baseball is different than the game we see today.

Even though I complain, I want to thank you for making this game as it brings my childhood back to me.

Take care.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #27
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Markus,
I am not trying to be an idiot towards you guys, I love this game. I started watching baseball games in the late 60s. I saw Mays, Clemente, Bench, Rose, etc, all play live.
My grandfather used to tell me stories about Honus Wagner (who he saw play live). My perception of Baseball is different than the game we see today.

Even though I complain, I want to thank you for making this game as it brings my childhood back to me.

Take care.
I'm sorry but "not trying to be an idiot" and coming in here and saying we don't know the history of baseball is literally the opposite.

You could have simply posted your issues without making comments towards the team that puts hours upon hours upon hours into making a good experience.

But anyways, thanks for your comments. Enjoy the rest of your day

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 11-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #28
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Good response. You guys don't deserve that **** and the weak "I didn't really mean it" backtrack
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #29
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Good response. You guys don't deserve that **** and the weak "I didn't really mean it" backtrack
First of all genius I never Said," I didn't really mean it". I stand by what I said.
Before you go on the attack, you first need to comprehend what you read.

Sigh...........
Old 11-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #30
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Can some please explain to me how:
A legendary Bert Blyleven is a Cleveland Indian
A Legendary Paul Molitor is a Toronto Blue Jay

This is what leads me to believe, people know very little about the history of baseball, but because they understand sabermetrics, they believe they are a baseball expert.
Maybe the confusion comes from using two different terms, Legend and Peak, on the same card :

- Paul Molitor is a Brewers Legend because he played 15 years and produced almost 60 WAR there;
- Paul Molitor had one of his best years in Toronto in '93, making it a Peak moment of his career.

Humble suggestion: when deciding a team for a Peak card (5 best years for all individual ratings), why not choose the team from which most of the stats come from (+50%) ?
Old 11-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #31
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Interestingly, I think anyway, (when it comes to BA, OBP, power(HR), I think Molitor did have his best seasons with the Jays.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #32
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First of all genius I never Said," I didn't really mean it". I stand by what I said.
Before you go on the attack, you first need to comprehend what you read.

Sigh...........
So you are doubling down on the creators of the game knowing "very little or nothing about baseball"

OK boomer
Old 11-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #33
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

My mental picture of Molitor is in a Jays uniform, probably because of that World Series.

No offense to Brewers fans, just what stuck in my memory from watching the games in the 90s.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #34
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
So you are doubling down on the creators of the game knowing "very little or nothing about baseball"

OK boomer
English is not your strong point I can see.
I did not, "Double Down" on anything, because I never retracted any statements.

Sigh........
Old 11-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, this thread has run its course...
Closed Thread