Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
warneke
Minors (Single A)

So if my DH is the backup for my 3b, who subs for the DH when he starts for the 3B?

The ability to use startering players as backups to tired players at other positions has been a long time coming and a great feature.

But how do I set the lineups and depth charts correctly now?

I mean if my DH (Spangenberg) is the Utility1 for my 3B (Longoria) and Longoria needs to rest, how do I correctly set up my depth chart?

Would I just need a player in Utility1 and/or Utiliy2 for DH Spangenberg, and what should those DH backups be set to?

If I set the backups (Utility1 and/or Utility2) to start Never, then I dont think they would replace Spangenberg as DH in the starting lineup, would they? So do I set them as Start When Tired? But Spagenberg isnt tired, he is switching to 3B for the game for Longoria....
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, "start when tired" or better (any of the "Every X games") will also have him start when your DH is shifted to start at another position.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:20 PM   #3
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, "start when tired" or better (any of the "Every X games") will also have him start when your DH is shifted to start at another position.
and what TIRED LEVEL makes the sub happen?
and how much does performance suffer as fatigue gets worse????
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:41 PM   #4
warneke
Minors (Single A)

The OOTP 20 manual says Tired is defined as less than 70% effectiveness... So somewhere in the yellow range.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #5
fredbeene
All Star Starter

thanks but i am pretty sure if a player is slightly tired or tired they don't lose 70% effectiveness.
there is no way a pitcher could pitch a complete game if they were only lobbing the ball.
i can''t tell when the player gets subbed....the yellow indicator apparently is not granular enough
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
warneke
Minors (Single A)

69% or Less effectiveness and the starter gets subbed for. Which is what I said the first time.