Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #161
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

This is a very welcome topic to come across after not checking for a while. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this, I've been excited for months. I know the focus isn't on us fictional lovers, but I do appreciate greatly that it's being fixed to work in our favour. And being able to edit more about the players any time is a huge plus, because that's a major thing I didn't like in the last game with my fictional league. Keep up the awesome job going forward, too.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #162
tquigley4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will there be a mobile version?
tquigley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #163
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
This is a very welcome topic to come across after not checking for a while. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this, I've been excited for months. I know the focus isn't on us fictional lovers, but I do appreciate greatly that it's being fixed to work in our favour. And being able to edit more about the players any time is a huge plus, because that's a major thing I didn't like in the last game with my fictional league. Keep up the awesome job going forward, too.
It's sadly also the only way I can get my fictional Maple Leafs in the playoffs!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 AM   #164
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

I hate to bring up ehm but i love how they have "play-styles" for goalies, butterfly, stand-up or unorthodox were the three if i remember correctly. I like this because it just adds a little more detail to the player even if it is somewhat cosmetic.

I can see a way to possible tie it to attributes. Like someone who has poor rebound or positioning skills but really high reflexes and glove and blocker could maybe seen as a unorthodox goalie, or one that has a good positioning but is bad with low shots could be more like a stand up goalie. I am just throwing out ideas this wouldn't be a perfect way to do it but maybe something to think about for a future version.

As always keep up the great work and i cant wait to play FHM 2.
I appreciate all the hard work you guys do, and I hope one day to get to my dream NHL sim where it feels like i am in a realistic living breathing hockey world and i fully believe one day you will deliver just that, but i understand one step at a time and as far as i can tell you guys seem to be heading in the right direction, so a big thank you to the whole development staff right down to the testers and researchers
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #165
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

I don't even know where to look for an answer to this, so I'll just slap it here, as was suggested on your Twitter.

Long time ago there was talk about Steam overlay not working in FHM2014 because of the way it used/didn't use directx (or something) in a way that would make it possible (or at least this is how I remember it). As I was about to stream a career on Twitch, I noticed my streaming program didn't work with it as well, probably for the same exact reason.
I was wondering if FHM2 works in a different way or will I still be unable to stream the game with what I have now?

I know this is not the best explanation of the matter, but I hope you get the idea.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #166
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I'm probably not buying FHM2 after the issues FHM1 had, so you'll hear back from me in a year and a half.
Your loss. For a simulator aiming this high in its first iteration I think FHM did nicely and FHM2 sounds amazing. I'm sure there will be bugs to iron out and things that need improvement. What game doesn't have bugs? Especially today... And if the second version couldn't be improved upon thenthat would make it the most successful software development in history, right? So I'll be putting my money where my is and buying this game. In fact, can I buy it now? I don't mind waiting.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #167
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
I don't even know where to look for an answer to this, so I'll just slap it here, as was suggested on your Twitter.

Long time ago there was talk about Steam overlay not working in FHM2014 because of the way it used/didn't use directx (or something) in a way that would make it possible (or at least this is how I remember it). As I was about to stream a career on Twitch, I noticed my streaming program didn't work with it as well, probably for the same exact reason.
I was wondering if FHM2 works in a different way or will I still be unable to stream the game with what I have now?

I know this is not the best explanation of the matter, but I hope you get the idea.
Great suggestion but I think this version is much too far into development to get it in this year. However, I'd love to see this for FHM3.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:42 PM   #168
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
No and no.

I know you have a very special way to play this games (saw your questions on the BTS forum as well) but I fear (at least in the near future) FHM will not have many features you like and ask for. Our focus for the game seems to be a lot different at the moment. Hope you still can enjoy the game.
Sebastian,

Am I misunderstanding or are you saying the WHA won't disband in its historic year? I think something might have gotten lost with the way the OPs question was phrased. TYVM!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #169
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
5. Game Rating: FHM 2 features a new way for you to evaluate the performance of your players - the Game Rating (GR). During a game, each event (good or bad) will change the GR, so you always know how well a player performs on the ice. Since the calculation includes the role of the player and the situation on the ice, you can get a pretty good picture of the performance. Not all players are goal scorers and will have their names show in the score sheet - now you can accurately track how everyone is contributing to your team’s success or failure - from your stay-at-home defensemen to your grinding 4th line forwards.
This might be the feature I am most excited about. Will we be able to select a player's or will that be determined by the game based on attributes? If it is determined by the game will their role be a part of their profile so we can easily tell what it is? Some players can play different roles on a team successfully, for example Kris Versteeg can be a very good defensive forward or point scorer. Can you shed any light on what we can expect for Player Roles in FHM2?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #170
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgomz View Post
Couldn't we import Historical people to do All-Time Greats Rosters by first releasing all existing people then building from the ground up? Import Historical Teams?

Celebrity All-Star Game or Futures Game? ÑHL Teams playing Games Overseas?
Arena Construction that allows you to pick what Food is in it? Also TV/Radio contracts? Also contract with Minor League Team?
As others have mentioned, the focus is on getting the core of the game correct, so this type of extra stuff will most definitely not be in FHM 2 and likely not in any version anytime soon.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #171
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquigley4 View Post
Will there be a mobile version?
No, the focus at the moment is getting the full game well established and stable. But a mobile game is in the future plans for the series, although no concrete plans yet on when that might be.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #172
croatian
All Star Starter

Will it be possible to retire jerseys? I really dont want to experience same feeling from ehm where I had player who played over 1000 games for me , scored 1900 points , won 11 stanley cups, multiple individual awards and I couldnt retire his jerseys. Please, it would be so cool feature.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #173
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great to hear FHM 2 is coming out. Despite it's flaws I sunk alot of time FHM. Wondering if the following problems have been solved?

1) Basic CBA rules need overhaul. FHM was horrendous for NHL CBA. Waiver rules did not work properly. Cap rules did not work properly. Contract slide rule did not work. Prospect rights rules did not work properly. I am very good with the CBA and these details drive me nuts. I can give more specific examples.

Waiver : Once a player has cleared waivers once that season he is waiver exempt for 30 days on NHL or 10 NHL games played that year.
All players that are waiver eligible must clear at the start of the year to start in AHL, cannot just "leave" them in AHL from previous season to hide them in AHL.
Cap: Players that make less than 925K when in AHL do not count at all towards cap. Players making more than 925K in AHL still have a cap hit of their cap hit - 925K.
Contract slide: Complicated rule that would take a whole page to explain, but rule of thumb is 18 and 19 year olds who do not play in 10 or more NHL games that season have their ELC slide to the next year.
Prospect rights: Players drafted out of CHL only have their rights protected for 2 years (ie drafted in 2012 they are protected until June 1, 2014) until they go back in draft. Players drafted out of college or going to college are protected until August 15 after their senior year (there's a 4 year exception here) then become UFA. Players drafted out of Europe have their rights protected for only 4 years until they become UFA.

There's more to. I can easily find CBA quotes as well if you want or need help with NHL CBA.

2) NHL teams holding onto 18/19 year old players that were no near ready so so much. It made no sense. A key veteran player sent down in favour of an 18 year old who not even close at all.

3) Team resetting their rosters at the season change (July 1). So like 40 players always on waivers, including some of my players even though I really didn't want them there. CPU resets the roster to keep a 19 year old 2/3 years away and waives my 3rd line C. Urgh. I imagine with the inclusion of TC (so having 60+ guys in camp) means this goes away.

4) CPU not working with you on trades. So CPU actually proposing trades, countering trades, or suggesting players they might be interested in?

5) Better draft classes. In current game the first draft is super deep, the second less so and going down like that. By the 4th/5th draft mid first rounders are players that would have been 3rd/4th round picks in first draft. More unpredictability in draft (random/play based potential increases and decreases). Top picks are good, bad picks are bad.

6) Easier scouting interface and just better scouting.

7) Better roster decision for CPU teams. CPU teams (including frustratingly AHL teams) will always play the same guys unless forced to change due to injury. Means I could have a guy sit on farm all year not playing a game.

Anyways that's what's off the top of my head. Can't wait for the release.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield; 03-13-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #174
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
In North-America we have the NHL, AHL, ECHL, FHL, QMJHL, WHL and OHL playable.
No USHL?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:52 AM   #175
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post

No USHL?
Not at the moment. The leagues are the result of what researchers we have. Nobody has done the USHL yet so it isn't included... yet!
Old 03-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #176
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Not at the moment. The leagues are the result of what researchers we have. Nobody has done the USHL yet so it isn't included... yet!
What needs to be done? We cant leave out the best junior league in the United States!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #177
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
What needs to be done? We cant leave out the best junior league in the United States!!!
The best junior league in the US is actually the OHL and WHL

The first step would be for someone to apply as researcher for the USHL to add accurate rules and rosters. Only Sebastian could say for sure, but even then i would say that wouldn't make it guaranteed as further programming might have to be involved in making it a realistic experience.

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-17-2015 at 08:36 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #178
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Will we be able to see more team statistics for the NCAA/USHL? I haven't played v1 in a while but I remember not being able to see standings/team stats for NCAA teams, and you had to click individual player names for their stats.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #179
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Great to hear FHM 2 is coming out. Despite it's flaws I sunk alot of time FHM. Wondering if the following problems have been solved?
These are all core game/realism issues you have listed, that of course are being worked on and will continue to be worked on for FHM 2.

I can't conclusively go through the list point by point and guarantee or tell you the game will do this, the game will deliver that, etc, for obvious reasons (work in progress), but getting the modern day world, rules, experience as accurate as possible is one of Sebastian's main priorities.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:57 AM   #180
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
The best junior league in the US is actually the OHL and WHL

The first step would be for someone to apply as researcher for the USHL to add accurate rules and rosters. Only Sebastian could say for sure, but even then i would say that wouldn't make it guaranteed as further programming might have to be involved in making it a realistic experience.

I'll concede the OHL and WHL, but imo it would be a glaring omission to leave the USHL out since it has become a very good league over the last few years. Even if the league wasn't playable I think it would be great to have it in there as a feeder so to speak.

I'd be interested in lending a hand there if Sebastian obliges.