Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Season 43 (2061) - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
So, folks, are we throwing in the same lot for next week? Any interest in getting some/all of the Old Timer 5 back together?
So after requesting this and then adding everyone as friends, you ended up in a different league! Ugh! But maybe you got lucky. Check out the league we all (sans the Frogs) joined. We've got several whales, such as the Adirondack LOLCats in the AC East. In the AC Central, we've got another whale, the St. Louis Cardinals joined by the Huntley Red Raiders (good luck!).

Then there's the USC Trojans (winners of 137, 134 and 132 in their last 3) in the NC East who will be joined by the San Angelo Warbirds (good luck!).

And finally, there's the Raccoons' division, the NC Central Division, from now on to be known as the Division from Hell. So who do we have here? Well, let's see. We've got Stone Island (a regular in the whale leagues in the past) along with the Soniqs (I truly hate this team! They always clobber us!) Both of these teams are much better than their lifetime records and perfect titles would indicate. Then there's the Asbury Springboks. They've got perfect Young, Johnson, Pedro (record breaker), etc., on their staff.

So here are last year's win totals of the teams in my division:
Stone Island: 124
Soniqs: 124
Springboks: 122
Raccoons: 116

Yeah, this is going to go well for the Raccoons. I previously posted that the Raccoons had been to 4 straight WS, but found out we've been to 6 straight WS and went 1-5 in that span. Well, I'll be surprised if we can even be a WC team this season. Besides my division mates, the Warbirds won 123 games and USC won 132 last season. So 6 teams with 116-132 W will be competing for 5 playoff spots and one division, has only weak teams in it, so that leaves 4 teams competing for 2 WC spots.

Previously, we survived the Division of Death (won the WS), then the Division of Doom (lost WS in 7 games), but can we survive the Division from Hell? Stay tuned...

p.s. - I just wanted to send out a great big thank you to the Fighting Frogs skipper for suggesting this. If it weren't for him, we'd have been in another boring divisional race no doubt. But now, we'll just get our furry Raccoon butts handed to us instead! Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 01-13-2020 at 08:32 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
So after requesting this and then adding everyone as friends, you ended up in a different league! Ugh! But maybe you got lucky. Check out the league we all (sans the Frogs) joined. We've got several whales, such as the Adirondack LOLCats in the AC East. In the AC Central, we've got another whale, the St. Louis Cardinals joined by the Huntley Red Raiders (good luck!).

Then there's the USC Trojans (winners of 137, 134 and 132 in their last 3) in the NC East who will be joined by the San Angelo Warbirds (good luck!).

And finally, there's the Raccoons' division, the NC Central Division, from now on to be known as the Division from Hell. So who do we have here? Well, let's see. We've got Stone Island (a regular in the whale leagues in the past) along with the Soniqs (I truly hate this team! They always clobber us!) Both of these teams are much better than their lifetime records and perfect titles would indicate. Then there's the Asbury Springboks. They've got perfect Young, Johnson, Pedro (record breaker), etc., on their staff.

Yeah, this is going to go well for the Raccoons. I previously posted that the Raccoons had been to 4 straight WS, but found out we've been to 6 straight WS and went 1-5 in that span. Well, I'll be surprised if we can even be a WC team this season. Besides my division mates, the Warbirds won 123 games and USC won 132 last season. So 6 teams with 116-132 W will be competing for 5 playoff spots and one division, has only weak teams in it, so that leaves 4 teams competing for 2 WC spots.

Previously, we survived the Division of Death (won the WS), then the Division of Doom (lost WS in 7 games), but can we survive the Division from Hell? Stay tuned...

p.s. - I just wanted to send out a great big thank you to the Fighting Frogs skipper for suggesting this. If it weren't for him, we'd have been in another boring divisional race no doubt. But now, we'll just get our furry Raccoon butts handed to us instead! Thanks!
LOL. Silly Frogs!

Any chance anyone can get a screen shot of the preseason predictor. I know it’s finicky in wether it works or not but it would be interesting to see.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Orion
Major Leagues

Hah! I am stuck in the same division as some massive whale known as the Meuthen Silver Sox. It's the usual suspects and then some. We get to go visit next week for a 4 game series and hope to just survive. The goal is to get 1 win. But otherwise a good start, lost the road opener but won the next two to take the series 2-1. A .500 season would be a good start given the tough division, we'll see how my new offensive tweaks work out.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post

Warbirds open up with 18 games in April vs PL champions. This is going to be fun.

Last edited by macacks; 01-13-2020 at 01:29 PM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #5
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Hey, does anyone know where the Perfect Team "LOL just kidding plz switch my league placement k thx" button is? Asking for a friend.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #6
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Hey, does anyone know where the Perfect Team "LOL just kidding plz switch my league placement k thx" button is? Asking for a friend.
Have you asked the Frogs? I think they found it.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #7
old timer
Hall Of Famer

So... We're off to a wonderful 2-5 start. That's 3 straight seasons we've started poorly. Of course, this season it's due to playing a bunch of whales/mini-whales... Wait, we just lost 4 straight to Timbuktu, winners of 83 games last year and no perfect titles. Ugh!

We played those evil Soniqs and split a 2 game set with them. The secret of Timbuktu's success? What's it called? Lefty cheese? You know, it's amazing how successful a low(ish) budget team can be, employing this strategy. Ballpark factors modified appropriately, all or nearly all lefty (or switch) hitters, lefty SPs with low pitch counts... This league has at least one other team that employs that strat, known as the LG Twins so beware. Also, pappyzan's ftp Senators use that to much success. We went only 9-10 vs the Senators last season, for example.

So where is the one who suggested we join together again? We'll get even for this! Wait 'til next year Mr. Frog!!

p.s. - A big thanks to Huntley who took 5 straight from our division rivals, Asbury.

Edit: Oops! It seems that there's another team with HUN for their abbreviation and their series with Asbury followed Huntley's 3 game sweep of Asbury. So I guess Asbury got raided by the HUNs.

Last edited by old timer; 01-13-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I've noticed some teams do really well with an all lefty opener/righty follower staff just preying off the inactive teams who didnt check the box to depth chart based on follower handedness
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by old timer; 01-13-2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: never mind
Old 01-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #10
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Through 10 games the Warbirds have 0 HR's...holding a 5-5 record despite.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #11
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Through 10 games the Warbirds have 0 HR's...holding a 5-5 record despite.
I remember you talking about our QF series in the Wheat event last night. For what it's worth, I died in the next round in 6 games. Would have been huge for me to steal Wheat from the usual suspects, but alas MagusMania didn't run wild for long enough.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

So my Mud Hens got their own version of hell this week. After having their most successful season in perfect (they won 94), they're in a division with teams that won 103, 108, 111, and 127 games last season (and all of them have a perfect title). So back to diamond they'll go.

They've now been promoted to perfect 5 times and if they get relegated again, they'll no doubt make it right back for a 6th time. Maybe I should rename them the Yo-Yos?

p.s. - They did get a flyball triple play achievement (2k) in the 2nd game of the season. That might end up being the highlight of the season for them.

Last edited by old timer; 01-13-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #13
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton started off the right way to the season.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #14
old timer
Hall Of Famer

So we're now 6-12 (8 GB Stone Island and 7 GB the #2 WC) and have been shutout 3 straight times and in 4 of the last 5 games. We're 29th in the league in R (-22 RDiff) and our AVG is .231. How's that for a start?

Edit: Well, now we've been shutout 4 straight times and 5 of the last 6 games. Wow!

p.s. - Two of those 5 SHOs were by the Warriors, so I just wanted to say thanks!

Last edited by old timer; 01-13-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #15
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Hey guys, my apologies for making a rookie mistake. I forgot to change it to "use friends list" from "random" so was placed elsewhere.

Looks like you fine gents are in the whale league. lol. What is it with trying to smash us in with another group?

As for me, don't worry I am in P441 and in the same division as Long Beach-Compton. It'll be a long week for me also.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #16
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

For what it's worth, old timer, I got home from work about 15 min ago, logged in expecting to see all of your teams. I was bummed when I realized what had happened. But, then I started laughing for a good couple of minutes seeing how things turned out. LOL. I mean, if I were trying to sabotage you guys (I'm honestly not), I'd have a hard time thinking of a better scheme than this.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #17
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Unusual to see 2 Cincinnati teams in the same division.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:25 AM   #18
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Uh, Guys?

A little help here?!?
Attached Images
Image Image 

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:38 AM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
A little help here?!?
The scary thing is there are whales in your league that I've never even heard of before. Like that team you are highlighting in your division. I figure I've heard about and recognize most of the top teams in PT by now, but in your league they seem to be multiplying.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:32 AM   #20
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After the Frogs slipped and slimed their way out of placement in the whale league (must be frog evolutionary response to danger?), the team has landed on its sticky feet in P441.

At first glance, the team's prospects seemed dim for a 3-peat (the team is riding a 2-week PL title "streak" and have bagged 6 medallions in the previous 9 weeks). The dim hopes, however, are because I noticed we are in the same division (NC West) as the vaunted, 14-time PL champ Long Beach-Compton Anarcho-Syndicalists. However, we are keeping pace with them so far. LBC is 21-4 (+96) and the Frogs are 22-5 (+91), a virtual tie after the Frogs took 2/3 in April. It was very nearly/surprisingly a sweep for the Frogs, but La Crosse made 4 errors and LBC's Future Legend Vladito hit a game-winning 2-run HR off of Smoltz to turn a 2-1 lead into a 3-2 loss. Aside from Long Beach-Compton, we've been snacking on a bunch of weak teams--big juicy flies so to speak. One RNG-unlucky team [redacted] is already 0-10 against these Frogs.

If the Frogs were fortunate enough to get by LBC in the NC, there's also the Monterrey Bay Irukandji (6 titles) and the Madison Tycoons (2 titles) to contend with. So, that's 31 PL medallions in the NC altogether. Not quite a whale league, but a tough assignment for any teams other than the previous titlists.

If the Frogs were lucky enough to represent the NC in the PL series, they'd likely be facing down either the Silicon Valley Outlaws (2 titles) or the Auburn Doubledays (3 titles). The Doubledays have found more success winning titles lately after getting to PL in 2024 and not winning one until 2045. After another smaller drought in the late 40s and early 50s, they repeated as champs in both 2058 and 2059. I remember that the Doubledays were the very first whale team I ever saw in PT, when daves, Orcin, and I were all in Gold level back in the roaring early 20s.

The Frogs haven't really undergone a drastic makeover and we're not trying some weird theme for 2061. Just trying to play to our strengths as best as possible. Some cards getting their first active roster action this week are SE Mike Scioscia and SE "Memphis" Bill Terry.
Attached Images