Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:22 AM   #1
JesterTheCrow
Bat Boy

Overage players.

This has happened in FHM 5 as well, I would have to manually keep going into the draft years to make sure players would not be playing in the WHL, OHL etc. Till they were 24-28. Why is this bug still in the game? Every free agency I see guys 23-24 years of age just get out of the OHL etc. Something is going on here, because these leagues themselves aren't enforcing their players to be done by 20-21..

Like this: https://imgur.com/a/dPNPVYA

Last edited by JesterTheCrow; 10-15-2019 at 05:34 AM.
JesterTheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save? (Instructions here.) We've fixed this before, and I'm not seeing it in a couple of test games I just checked, so I'm not sure what's causing it to happen again in your game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
JesterTheCrow
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save? (Instructions here.) We've fixed this before, and I'm not seeing it in a couple of test games I just checked, so I'm not sure what's causing it to happen again in your game.
Uploaded: Overage Players.lg.rar
JesterTheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:24 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

This looks like a new problem, not the previous one we had with players staying past overage in nonplayable junior leagues. It appears that the NHL-contracted players in the nonplayable CHL aren't moving back to their contracted teams on July 1; I'm not sure if that's the product of changes we made to NHL-junior loans or something else, but we'll get that fixed.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
tyazn
Bat Boy

I'm seeing a variant of this bug from the US Juniors side (Canadian Jr B / USHL -> NCAA)...

A lot of players in the USHL/NAHL seem to age out (up to age 20) in that league without ever joining an NCAA team. Looking at some of the contracts, they start at 4-5 years, meaning the player never "looks" to leave his junior team until then.

Similarly, when the contract is up, is the prestige tier system NCAA > USHL > NAHL? To start 2020-2021, Luke Hughes had his US NTDP (USHL) expire, so he went to the NAHL on a 5 year contract...

Last edited by tyazn; 10-17-2019 at 08:21 AM.
tyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

The contracts for nonplayable leagues don't have any effect, the players are moved from team to team via a separate system. The trigger to move them out once they've developed enough may need adjusting, I think I see one way to improve it (the USHL-NCAA movement is a little atypical from what the system normally handles, since the players aren't really developed to the point where they're "too" good for the USHL before they leave. .

There is a chance of a USHL-NAHL move, but it's extremely small, so Hughes moving like that was just bad luck.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:58 PM   #7
tyazn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The contracts for nonplayable leagues don't have any effect, the players are moved from team to team via a separate system.
Cool, thanks for the follow up. Do you know on what game date that system triggers? Maybe I'm just being impatient.
tyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

July 1 for age-based movement (i.e. when a player becomes too old for a league), but other types of movement are checked monthly.