Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

View Poll Results: When is your 2018 league considered fictional
Right after your first move 14 50.00%
When all the MLBers are gone removing all your biases 9 32.14%
Never... you need fake team names and league names 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

When does your 2018 league become fictional?

Curious as to when everyone considers there 2018 league start as fictional? One would argue that the minute you make your first trade or signing the league is now fictional. Others might say it is when all the current MLBers are retired as all of your biases are gone and now it is fictional. Others who create their own worlds might say this is never fictional as you are using the real team names etc. Just curious to everyones thoughts.
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I'd probably vote halfway between the first 2 choices. I don't think it's immediately "fictional", but I probably start to think of it that way a few years in, once the top players have moved on to guys who are currently prospects.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
D-BacksJosh
Banned

I follow all levels of MLB religiously so messing with real life players in an alternate MLB universe and giving them different stats then they actually have makes things confusing for me (maybe I'm just stupid). I have to create a fictional universe with fictional players, I think its more fun and memorable to watch fictional players set records and make the league's Hall of Fame. Plus, it makes it easier to adjust rules and options without thinking (this would never happen in real life).
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

For me, it is after the first season. I really hate to mess with the opening roster that I inherit and I like to make big moves in the offseason. So after the first year, I consider it mine and it is essentially fictional. Plus the development engine kicks in on the next round of ratings updates.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

To me it becomes more fictional after the main core of MLB players are moved on. Though really within the first couple years when guys start moving around, it is creating your own history. But fictional to me means "none of these players are real, they're creating new history for the future" so once you start filtering in guys from the draft, that's where it'd be full fiction for me.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Probably the day any of you guys are named GM and or manager haha.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Matt Arnold I would have said 3 years down the line things become very apparent and obvious of the changes. However there are still "Real" players even in minors in play. However after about 10 to 15 seasons that dwindles to a bear minimum then it becomes 100% fictional afterwards
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:34 AM   #8
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

I'd say the tipping point is when generated draft players start to make it to the 40 man roster.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote