Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 10-24-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
stealingsilver
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you help a Newbie Please?

I live in the Uk I have only recently got into baseball. CAn you please give me help at Hitting? I understand what all of the terms mean but I don't know when to use them. Thank you

ps any other advice for playing the game would be much apreciated

Cheers
stealingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
jcsturgeon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at? What are youtrying to ask?
jcsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #3
Tib
All Star Reserve

Let us know what you want to do. Do you want to succeed at hitting? If so, you're probably better off letting the game hit for you. You usually do a bit better that way. If you want to learn baseball hitting strategy then say so and I'm sure we can come up with about 600 pages of situational tactics for you.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
BrewedCrew
Major Leagues

If you want to be good at hitting you should put your hitting attributes up and use the Ultimate hitters Workout to improve beyond the potential

BrewedCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:19 PM   #5
thrym
Bat Boy

I think what he is asking is; when you are at the plate, when do you choose to "Go the Other Way" or "Pull" or when to "Swing for the Fences"...

I too have wondered if there is a 'tell' to look for...now, I may be fooling myself but, I usually try to look at who's pitching(RH/LH) vs. which side I am batting from...also, if you have a base runner, where is he and whats the count...I also think that if you discover a 3rd baseman/Shortstop combo OR a 2nd baseman/1st are weaker than the other, a 'pull' or 'other way' makes more sense...

But I still don't know if there is a tried and true method for knowing what will make the best choice when batting.
thrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #6
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

not much advice can really be given. You generally try to hit behind the runner with a contact hitter. So if a guy is high in contact and there is a runner on 1st or second you want to try to hit the ball to right field. Now if you hitter is a slugger trying to hit behind the runner may not be the best idea because it'll go against your hitter's strength and thats just hitting the ball a ton. I don't know how these relate to success in ITP. I hope this helps a bit.