Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 08-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #41
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not, but I just uploaded my leagues CATObase pages and there seems to be a rather large error on the Hall of Fame page for the batters career stats. You can take a look here:

http://www.fast.ootp-leagues.com/cat...s/hoflist.html

Griffey almost hit the 6000 HR mark.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 08-11-2004, 10:24 AM   #42
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not, but I just uploaded my leagues CATObase pages and there seems to be a rather large error on the Hall of Fame page for the batters career stats. You can take a look here:

Since I cannot contribute anything useful, I'll just say that this is hilarious .
Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 AM   #43
jcato
Minors (Double A)

eriqjaffe,

I don't know how to read the DAT files directly, that's why I use CommishJoe's exporters. I don't know of an exporter that works on the retired.dat file. If there is one, let me know and I'll take a look to see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown

That was fixed in the 6.1.3 update.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #44
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Hmmm, yes I did forget to install that before creating the webpages. Doh!
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 09-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #45
Dean Gordon
Major Leagues

Manager Wins over .500

Algorithm should be W-(G/2) or something, measuring the total Wins over .500 per season... right now its just W-L...

As an example, connie Mack in the NABL has a 1747-1100 W/L record, for a total of 647 wins over .500... should be 324 wins above .500..
Old 09-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #46
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Gordon
Algorithm should be W-(G/2) or something, measuring the total Wins over .500 per season... right now its just W-L...

As an example, connie Mack in the NABL has a 1747-1100 W/L record, for a total of 647 wins over .500... should be 324 wins above .500..
I disagree... it makes more sense to say that Mack would have to go 0-647 to have a .500 record. Also, fractional wins wouldn't be as clean, since your way, Mack would be 323 1/2 wins above .500.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:15 PM   #47
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Catobase is very cool.

Just gotta remember to zip before uploading.

kudos, jcato!

Old 10-04-2004, 03:32 AM   #48
fenwaymike
Major Leagues

Cato Virgin

Hey jcato. I am brand new to your cato program but I have seen the results and it is incredible. I am just finishing up my first season and I was wondering if you had like a step by step guide of how to use your utility. I am using OOTP5 just so you know. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #49
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Am I missing something or is the link at the top of this thread dead?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #50
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

Cato has vanished for the time being hopefully to return later. You can pick up Catobase at the Download Center in the Utilites area now though.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 PM   #51
The Meal
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRockEHF
Cato has vanished for the time being hopefully to return later. You can pick up Catobase at the Download Center in the Utilites area now though.
I'm not finding it there now. Where else can I download this utility? Is 6.1.3 the newest version?

Thanks (and sorry I'm late to the Cato fun),

~The Meal
[edit:

Crap, nevermind. I was looking at the download section of the ootpdevelopments site, not JoeRock's site (linked in his signature). My bad.

/edit]

Last edited by The Meal; 03-29-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #52
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

wish there was a way to figure out the wokrings of it for fixing issues when cato isnt around

PT22

Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #53
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

Am I the only one who can't see the download buttons on the ootpdownloadcenter.com?

When I go to that site, I cannot download anything, I viewed the site at work, and all the download buttons are there...

help?

I'd like to download catobase and equalnicity.com isnt working.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #54
tmssteve
Bat Boy

Please excuse my ignorance

I am new to these forums and I cannot follow the link to the database. It takes me to equalnicity.com and that looks like a dead end. Thank you.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #55
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

You can grab Catobase at the Download Center link in my signature.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #56
SWardle
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not the best at computers, programs and all of that stuff. It's just not my bag and hopefully that will save everyone the trouble of calling me an idiot after I ask this question.

The commish and myself of a league I'm in are trying to build a catobase for the league. It's been around six seasons, going on 7. At the time no one in the league thought anything about saving league files and so, years 2004-2007 we have no league files for.

My question is this and I know it's probably a dumb question that the answer is NO to.

But is there any way to build the catobase solely off the league Almanac or without the end of the season file? Or do we just have to start our Catobase from 2008-onward?

Steve-O
Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #57
Karen Lutz
Ball Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWardle
I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not the best at computers, programs and all of that stuff. It's just not my bag and hopefully that will save everyone the trouble of calling me an idiot after I ask this question.

The commish and myself of a league I'm in are trying to build a catobase for the league. It's been around six seasons, going on 7. At the time no one in the league thought anything about saving league files and so, years 2004-2007 we have no league files for.

My question is this and I know it's probably a dumb question that the answer is NO to.

But is there any way to build the catobase solely off the league Almanac or without the end of the season file? Or do we just have to start our Catobase from 2008-onward?

Steve-O
Based on the many leagues I have tried helping with this, not only can you not use the previous seasons, but you are likely not going to be unable to start it from 2008. It usually only works from a fresh new file and onward.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #58
<o>
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lutz
Based on the many leagues I have tried helping with this, not only can you not use the previous seasons, but you are likely not going to be unable to start it from 2008. It usually only works from a fresh new file and onward.
Nah, I simulated 2004 and then imported after the 2005 season, and Cato worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarizx3
Hooray for Haliburton! Keeping overseas American casualities to a minimum since 2004!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #59
Karen Lutz
Ball Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by <o>
Nah, I simulated 2004 and then imported after the 2005 season, and Cato worked fine.
You are one of the lucky ones.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #60
professor ape
All Star Starter

I am relatively new to OOTB so forgive me for my ignorance. I see a lot about catobase but I have never seen a quick recap of what it does and why I should love it.

Please make the short sales pitch to fill me in so I can decide whether or not to add it on.

Thanks.