Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP Feature suggestion / Wish list
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

ITP Feature suggestion / Wish list What do you want to see in the game?

Old 06-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
jcsturgeon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Relationship Options

I'm not just talking about relationships with women at the bar, though that would be a great addition to the game, I mean relationships with:

Coaches If players can come and go, then why not coaches/managers? Set them up with contracts too and have a name connected to the man. I think this wouldn't be too difficult to do. Have a coach or manager you can talk to. Why not every off day you can visit the field for some practice and there's a chance that the Manager, Hitting Coach, Pitching Coach, Bench Coach etc. will be there and they can give you valuable advice. RPG ratings could factor in to how much you learn, like if you were reading a book.

Teammates You know nothing about your teammates. You can talk to them in the bar every so often, but what if you could run into them at the sporting goods store, the gym or at the field? What if you could actually interact in the dugout? You should be able to give them advice, as well as them giving you advice.

Gym Owners Once you visit the gym once, there is hardly a reason to ever return. What if you could go for special training, to meet other players, to interact with people, to buy excersice equiptment?

General Managers You don't know the GM's name, he's just some guy. What if they got fired? What if they could give you advice, or give you a heads up on trade rumors. What if they would actually tell you somehow when a player on your team got traded. Otherwise it takes a lot of hunting around to find this information.

Media Types A little while ago Derek Lowe met Jim Palmer (now an announcer for the Orioles) at Fenway Park, and they discussed pitching. Not that it helped in THIS particular instance, but this would be a worthy addition methinks. Also, if you befriended reporters they would write more positive stories (ala Manny Ramirez) stuff like that would add a lot of depth.

Old Time Players This goes along with Jim Palmer, but when Yaz was having trouble as a rookie the Red Sox called Ted Williams to help coach him. I'd say it worked, the rest is history. What about something like that?

That's about all I can come up with right now, but all of this would certainly add a new dimention to the game. Is this stuff feasible?
jcsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
attackemu
All Star Reserve

These, as well as your post-career options suggestions, are exactly the types of things that would make ITP what it ought to be. Nice suggestions!

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Tib
All Star Reserve

I enthusiastically second this suggestion. If you're going to do a sports RPG, then realistic, ever-changing relationships are what will make or break it. It's one thing to create a game where you can interact with NPCs. Companies do it every day. But it's quite an accomplishment to create a game that mirrors the complex human relationships of real life.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote