Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:28 AM   #881
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Asheboro Closes Gap on Philadelphia, Waffletown Widens Lead

The Road Dogs edged "oh so close" to the Patriots in B240, while the Syrups made the most of their limited schedule by sweeping a pair from Terra Incognita as we head into the final day of sims. These are the only updated results available:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #882
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Road Dogs edged "oh so close" to the Patriots in B240, while the Syrups made the most of their limited schedule by sweeping a pair from Terra Incognita as we head into the final day of sims. These are the only updated results available:

those are my reactions (in order) when looking at the standings within our league vs the overall standings in Silver 271 (perhaps a chuckle and a shrug for the last one would work better).... in the big picture, Waffletown is currently sitting in the second relegation spot... we'll have a 3 game set vs Wheatland coming up in the first week of Sep, and a 3 game set vs Asylum about mid-month.... a good showing there could pull the Syrups out of relegation... a poor showing will most likely solidify their descent back to Bronze....
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #883
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Transylvania sits a half game out of first at 79-54 with 29 games to go. The division is extremely tough, with all teams but 1 having a winning record and the teams being a combined 70 games over .500. LF Darin Erstad has paced the squad this season, batting .330 with 17 HR and 100 RBI. He was also received the most votes in the conference for the all star game. The pitching staff is being led by 1934 Mel Harder. Harder is 12-5 with a 3.22 ERA. He hadn't performed well the past couple seasons and management was looking to unload him earlier in the year. These types of performances will keep him on the team. Being a former Indian doesn't hurt his chances of staying. Again, the fielding is the best stat category for the team. The Impalers lead the league in ZR once again and 2B 1939 Lonny Frey seeks his 4th straight gold glove, and SS 1960 Luis Apararicio and 3B 1985 Tim Wallach each go for their 5th straight gold glove.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #884
Magus978
All Star Starter

Story of our season. Just not ready for OurLeague play, and not ready for Bronze in general. Hopefully we can get relegated today and have a week or two to properly sort ourselves out before going again at this level.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #885
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Morning folks.

I'm updating my friends list to the one in this post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=838 - with the removal of the teams that aren't participating I was able to add all the remaining members with no buddy list issues. One thing I noticed on the post I linked: lightthewick93's user name is shown with capitalization but it's not capitalized in the game. The only reason I mention this is because the friends list shows capitalized friend names and then uncapitalized ones... so I couldn't find him in my list because I was looking in the wrong section!

Annandale is bouncing back a little. I blew my accumulated PP (such that I had) on Sixto Lezcano, who I hope will do great things in the outfield!

Motown is shaping up well. The roster is set and I don't anticipate any changes between now and the start of league play. We look forward to entering Iron league competition next week. I plan to post a thread in the Dynasty reports section about them over the weekend. If I get it done I will link it here - but my first priority today is to make the team logo!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #886
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Morning folks.

I'm updating my friends list to the one in this post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=838 - with the removal of the teams that aren't participating I was able to add all the remaining members with no buddy list issues. One thing I noticed on the post I linked: lightthewick93's user name is shown with capitalization but it's not capitalized in the game. The only reason I mention this is because the friends list shows capitalized friend names and then uncapitalized ones... so I couldn't find him in my list because I was looking in the wrong section!

Annandale is bouncing back a little. I blew my accumulated PP (such that I had) on Sixto Lezcano, who I hope will do great things in the outfield!

Motown is shaping up well. The roster is set and I don't anticipate any changes between now and the start of league play. We look forward to entering Iron league competition next week. I plan to post a thread in the Dynasty reports section about them over the weekend. If I get it done I will link it here - but my first priority today is to make the team logo!
keep the list on one of the tabs on my tracking spreadsheet and sorted it like that for ease of comparison:
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #887
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Excuse the Presumtion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Morning folks.

Sorry, but I just had to take a crack at a logo. Motown was and is, a great part of me. For me, nothing like "The Four Tops." That voice of Levi Stubbs, oh my! FYI, they never changed their line up. Only death could break them up.
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #888
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

hoping Mort Cooper's handful of starts for Waffletown aren't a sign of what his career will be like here.... so far he's 1-3... his single victory was a 3-0 shutout.... in his three losses, the team scored a grand total of 0 runs for him (losing 1-0, 2-0 and 7-0)... just a little run support would be nice
Old 05-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #889
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Sorry, but I just had to take a crack at a logo. Motown was and is, a great part of me. For me, nothing like "The Four Tops." That voice of Levi Stubbs, oh my! FYI, they never changed their line up. Only death could break them up.
For the Palolo Puppies, it looks like "It's The Same Old Song" as they lose again.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #890
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Some Good News for Waffletown

One. That's the number of wins the Syrups need capture their second Our League crown. It also represents a fun feature of Our League. Even facing relegation, the Syrups can sweeten their sour season. At this point, the only three pretenders left would need a hot run themselves, and a sweep of Waffletown by Asylum to slip by. Annandale would need to win 5-of-6, Terra Incognita would need to win 6-of-7, and Port Ruppert would need to win 11-of-13. The Keepers-Syrups series may also go a long way toward determining who heads back to Bronze next year. As far as an Our League World Series match-up in S271, only Palolo and Terra Incognita have a realistic chance at the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #891
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
For the Palolo Puppies, it looks like "It's The Same Old Song" as they lose again.

Seven rooms of gloom?
Old 05-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #892
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I'm working on the hymanator team and seeing if I can get them ready for next season. they may return.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #893
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The 4 Our League teams in Gold .323 are all doing quite well, with some possible playoff matchups between them in the NC.

Barring some late season collapse, the Green Lake Cowboys will win the division title in their first year in Gold. I've picked up my very first Diamond player, in old-school White Sox pitcher Red Faber. He's pitched well so far, but only has a 1-3 record because of little run support in the games he has played.

After losing the World Series last season, the Cowboys are anxious to have another go. But it would be a bit scary to be in Diamond next year, don't know if my team can generate much PP up there.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:34 PM   #894
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One. That's the number of wins the Syrups need capture their second Our League crown. It also represents a fun feature of Our League. Even facing relegation, the Syrups can sweeten their sour season. At this point, the only three pretenders left would need a hot run themselves, and a sweep of Waffletown by Asylum to slip by. Annandale would need to win 5-of-6, Terra Incognita would need to win 6-of-7, and Port Ruppert would need to win 11-of-13. The Keepers-Syrups series may also go a long way toward determining who heads back to Bronze next year. As far as an Our League World Series match-up in S271, only Palolo and Terra Incognita have a realistic chance at the playoffs.
and that's a wrap of sorts.... Mort Cooper picks up his 2nd win of his short season with the Syrups to take down Asylum in the first game of their three game series (also moves the Syrups percentage points ahead of Asylum and out of that second relegation spot for the moment)
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #895
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

It is Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
and that's a wrap of sorts.... Mort Cooper picks up his 2nd win of his short season with the Syrups to take down Asylum in the first game of their three game series (also moves the Syrups percentage points ahead of Asylum and out of that second relegation spot for the moment)

Waffletown becomes the first Our League team to clinch, locking up S271. It is their second Our League crown. They are in a pitched battle with Asylum to stave off relegation. Asylum also took 3-of-4 from Terra Incognita to make the path to an Our League World Series less likely. Annadale has put the pedal to the floor, but has a lot to make up in just a little time.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #896
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The first one's in the books.
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #897
Magus978
All Star Starter

I can't believe this...we can't even lose properly. 70-82 with 12 to go, and relegation is pretty much impossible now. Another week in no point generating hell.

These guys were doing so well with the losing, and yet when it matters the most we can't put together one measly little losing streak?!?

Limbo sucks.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:42 PM   #898
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Barring some late season collapse, the Green Lake Cowboys will win the division title in their first year in Gold.
I had to go and say it didn't I? Speaking of late season collapse, I had a 7 or 8 game division lead, which now sits at just 2.5 games. The end of the season is going to be nailbiting.

I guess that's what I get for being a Tottenham fan.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:36 AM   #899
Magus978
All Star Starter

The New York Patriots finish 74-88, and in spite of their desperate attempts to get relegated, have failed to do so. They will play in bronze again next season. I also did some final totting up, and if my math is right (it probably isn't), the Patriots have managed to go a woeful 4-14 in their "Our League" debut. Unless I missed it in previous posts (which is very likely), I believe the Patriots have set the benchmark for single-season ineptitude against quality "Our League" competition. It's the '62 Mets all over again, except that we don't have the excuse of being an expansion team

Report sent.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #900
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Road Dogs Take Their First Bite Out of Our League

Philadelphia failed to maintain their early season form and Asheboro overtook them to capture its first Our League crown in B240. Awaiting the final results from I236 and G323, but in checking on the PT Universe screen, it seems there was an extra day added to the Our League season in I136 to determine the final Wild Card Spot there, with Mudville beating Arkham to gain a playoff berth.
Attached Images