Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:31 AM   #481
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bluffton Taps Syrups For Early Lead

Had to get that headline out of the way. Couldn't help myself, but the Boomerangs play at The Spile, so they share some of the blame. Didn't have time to scan the schedule for any Best of Today's Sims (BOTS), but, again, all are invited to put pen to paper. The first standings:
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #482
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Battery Point Charges to Top in S287

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #483
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Seattle Steering the Ship in G313

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-16-2019, 06:42 AM   #484
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I will post the I204 standings as soon as I can. Since I can't see the reports for that league, it requires two people from different areas with different schedules, hence the delay.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:38 AM   #485
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Annandale April

Annandale (2) at Sanguine (1): Annandale visited Shadow Park and took two of three from the Classics.
  • Game one was a 3-1 Annandale win.
  • In game two, three Sanguine pitchers, led by Sal Maglie (1-1, 3.95 ERA), evened the series with a shutout victory as the Classics won 3-0. Richie Ashburn (.294/.347/.396) had a great day at the plate: Ashburn was 4-4 and scored all three Sanguine runs. He even stole a base!
  • The Atom Smashers took the rubber match of the series 5-2 behind the bat of Mike Lavalliere (.292/.345/.354). Mikey went 4-4 with two doubles to lead the Annandale attack.
Editor's note: our fourth game in the sim occurred in the month of May so I will report on it tomorrow.

May Games

Sanguine @ Annandale 3x (one in the books already)
Annandale @ Green Lake 3x
Battery Point @ Annandale 3x

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-16-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #486
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Bluffton Leads B251 at the end of April

Waffletown @ Bluffton, 4 game series.

Bluffton Boomerangs started the first month of the B251 season off with home and away series against the Syrups. After getting clobbered 7-1 in the first game, they reeled off three wins in some high-scoring games that left the fans excited each night as they left the aptly named Comeback Park.

Games 2 and 3 were won in walk-off fashion, Sal Bando winning game 2 with a 10th inning 3-run dinger after Waffletown had put up a pair in the top of the inning. In game 3, Rick Porcello gave up 4 runs to the Syrups in the top of the 1st, but a pair of RBI singles in the ninth by Carlton Fisk, and then Rafael Furcal completed the comeback.

In game 4, the Boomerangs continued their habit of giving up early runs, trailing 4-0 through 4 innings. A 5-run 7th inning, highlighted by a Roberto Clemente grand slam gave them a 6-4 lead, with the bullpen closing things out.

While happy with the three wins, it was worrisome that they gave up 22 runs in 4 games.

Bluffton @ Waffletown, 3 game series.

Bluffton took 2 out of 3 in a different fashion, using good pitching to take 2 games, but losing a slugfest in between.

Rick Porcello and Doug Jones combined to shutout Waffletown in a 3-0 victory in the first game of the series. In game two, Bluffton tried to use late game heroics again, but their 4 runs in the 9th came up short in a 8-7 loss. Game 3 was a drawn out affair, with the game tied 2-2 in the 6th, no one expected it to be 6 more innings before it ended. Curt Schilling went 9 in a no-decision and Roberto Clemente drove home the winning run in the 12th.

A good starting month for the Booms, they look forward to a month of May which brings, in addition to flowers, home series against Shasta and the Asylum Keepers, with a road series against Waffletown in between.

Last edited by Boomcoach; 04-16-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #487
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Salem Bounces Back

After a slow start, the Salem Witches worked some magic and find themselves flying high atop the S287 NC Western standings, 1/2 game ahead of rival Ozark Bobcats. Starter Bob Friend took charge of a solid rotation, notching a 4-1 record in 5 games. Outfielders Willie Stargel and Roberto Clemente led the offense with 23 and 22 RBI respectively.

"All things considered, it's been a magical month at Puritan Park," said manager John Hathorne.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #488
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Oh yeah, and Arkham still sucks.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #489
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Port Ruppert has just taken two of three form Aina Haina, which included an 11-3 victory. The two teams have two more games scheduled for this month.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #490
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
Bluffton Leads B251 at the end of April

Waffletown @ Bluffton, 4 game series.

Bluffton Boomerangs started the first month of the B251 season off with home and away series against the Syrups. After getting clobbered 7-1 in the first game, they reeled off three wins in some high-scoring games that left the fans excited each night as they left the aptly named Comeback Park.

Games 2 and 3 were won in walk-off fashion, Sal Bando winning game 2 with a 10th inning 3-run dinger after Waffletown had put up a pair in the top of the inning. In game 3, Rick Porcello gave up 4 runs to the Syrups in the top of the 1st, but a pair of RBI singles in the ninth by Carlton Fisk, and then Rafael Furcal completed the comeback.

In game 4, the Boomerangs continued their habit of giving up early runs, trailing 4-0 through 4 innings. A 5-run 7th inning, highlighted by a Roberto Clemente grand slam gave them a 6-4 lead, with the bullpen closing things out.

While happy with the three wins, it was worrisome that they gave up 22 runs in 4 games.

Bluffton @ Waffletown, 3 game series.

Bluffton took 2 out of 3 in a different fashion, using good pitching to take 2 games, but losing a slugfest in between.

Rick Porcello and Doug Jones combined to shutout Waffletown in a 3-0 victory in the first game of the series. In game two, Bluffton tried to use late game heroics again, but their 4 runs in the 9th came up short in a 8-7 loss. Game 3 was a drawn out affair, with the game tied 2-2 in the 6th, no one expected it to be 6 more innings before it ended. Curt Schilling went 9 in a no-decision and Roberto Clemente drove home the winning run in the 12th.

A good starting month for the Booms, they look forward to a month of May which brings, in addition to flowers, home series against Shasta and the Asylum Keepers, with a road series against Waffletown in between.

Sorry for calling Comeback Park, the Spile. I guess I wanted the pun in the headline so much that I reversed the cities in my head.

Speaking of the Spile, do yourself a favor and check out "Tales from the Spile" on the PT Dynasty thread for first rate reporting of the everything Waffletown Syrups. Intelligent, insightful, innovative, incredibly interesting, inimitable, iconic, immensely impressive, and that's just the i's. Check it out and you'll get a unique view of Our League from a great scribe.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #491
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All of the live cards have been taken out of my lineups. Transylvania should be good to go now.
bsta93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #492
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, Battery Point's rebuild is nearly complete...

so the new team is noted for having batters with high contact and gap ratings and extremely low power ratings. Some of the notable switches I did:

Catcher: Sold Carlton Fisk (89) and Dickey (74), bought Smoky Burgess (86) and Roger Bresnahan (76)

1B: Brought Pinky HIggins (70) from reserve roster to replace Hodges (77), also bought Phil Cavaretta (72) for DH and 1B, LF backup

2B: Bought Billy Herman (76) to become utility infield backup, kept Hanley Ramirez (at least for now) as regular 2B --- only player left on team who has at least 60 power.

SS: Sold Steve Speier (95), got Dick Groat (78) plus lots of PP that has been spent on pitcher upgrades.

3B: Sold Ryan Zimmerman... might still get righty 3B to platoon with Red Rolfe there.

LF: Got CF Harry Walker (76) who is training in LF now --- he is only a 50 DEF in CF, but will max out at 81 DEF in left.

CF: Sold George Springer (87) and Vada Pinson (79), picked up Curt Flood (76) and Augie Galan (78) to platoon there, and as backup for other Outfielders.

RF: Sold two of the players from my original six packs: Oliva (78) and Sheffield (85). Replaced them with Babe Herman (77)

Also changed the ball park factors for this season to have 1.1 batting average and 0.9 Home Runs for both lefties and righties and to have 1.5 factor for doubles and triples. Changed ball park to resemble Kansas City Royals since that park has deep fences but bonuses to batting average in real life.

With my newfound team focus, I no longer believe that the Knuckleheads are the appropriate name for us any longer. I was thinking of something that reflects our lack of focus on power, which is ironic for a team in "Battery" point. What do you all think we should be called?:

Battery Point Dischargers
Battery Point Powerless
Battery Point Energizer Bunnies

Something else?

Last edited by allenciox; 04-16-2019 at 10:47 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:34 PM   #493
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
so the new team is noted for having batters with high contact and gap ratings and extremely low power ratings. Some of the notable switches I did:

Catcher: Sold Carlton Fisk (89) and Dickey (74), bought Smoky Burgess (86) and Roger Bresnahan (76)

1B: Brought Pinky HIggins (70) from reserve roster to replace Hodges (77), also bought Phil Cavaretta (72) for DH and 1B, LF backup

2B: Bought Billy Herman (76) to become utility infield backup, kept Hanley Ramirez (at least for now) as regular 2B --- only player left on team who has at least 60 power.

SS: Sold Steve Speier (95), got Dick Groat (78) plus lots of PP that has been spent on pitcher upgrades.

3B: Sold Ryan Zimmerman... might still get righty 3B to platoon with Red Rolfe there.

LF: Got CF Harry Walker (76) who is training in LF now --- he is only a 50 DEF in CF, but will max out at 81 DEF in left.

CF: Sold George Springer (87) and Vada Pinson (79), picked up Curt Flood (76) and Augie Galan (78) to platoon there, and as backup for other Outfielders.

RF: Sold two of the players from my original six packs: Oliva (78) and Sheffield (85). Replaced them with Babe Herman (77)

Also changed the ball park factors for this season to have 1.1 batting average and 0.9 Home Runs for both lefties and righties and to have 1.5 factor for doubles and triples. Changed ball park to resemble Kansas City Royals since that park has deep fences but bonuses to batting average in real life.

With my newfound team focus, I no longer believe that the Knuckleheads are the appropriate name for us any longer. I was thinking of something that reflects our lack of focus on power, which is ironic for a team in "Battery" point. What do you all think we should be called?:

Battery Point Dischargers
Battery Point Powerless
Battery Point Energizer Bunnies

Something else?

Trying to think of something that ties in Batteries with a lack of power.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #494
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My Green Lake Cowboys are having a tight battle with the Annandale Atom Smashers for the Silver .287 AC East Division title. Currently tied at the top. I think the Cowboys are doing poorly in Our League play though.

I've emphasized a bit on cool players I knew growing up in the 90s. Just picked up Roberto Alomar for a nice 2B bat.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #495
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Stephensville Emerges from Hibernation with a Growl; Annadale, Aina Haina Stake Repeater Claims

For comparison, I decided to put all the standings in one post. Sorry for the continued absence of I204. By the way, the Philadelphia Patriots were the only Our League team to go back-to-back in PT19. Now that I see them together, seems I need to tighten up the spacing on the first two.

The standings:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #496
Charlatan
All Star Starter

May in Annandale

Sanguine (0) at Annandale (3): The Atom Smashers hosted Sanguine and swept them to begin the month
  • Game 1 was a 4-2 Annandale win.
  • Game 2 went 4-1 to the Atom Smashers
  • Game 3 was a 2-0 blanking for the home team. Newcomer Dennis Martinez (1-0, 0.00 ERA) looked impressive and Roberto Hernandez closed out the combined shutout.
Annandale (2) at Green Lake (1): The Atom Smashers took two of three in their first visit to Horseshoe Park.
  • George Vukovich (.226/.253/.344) went 3-5 with 6 RBI to lead Annandale in a 12-5 victory in game 1
  • Annandale took the second game, 6-2
  • The Cowboys salvaged the series by winning game 3 by a score of 4-3. Hal Schumacher (3-3, 2.93 ERA) pitched a strong eight innings to pace the victory.
Battery Point (0) at Annandale (3): The Knuckleheads, in the midst of a rebuilding effort, came to The Reactor but walked away empty handed, as Annandale swept the three-game series.
  • The Atom Smasher's Tony Pena () led the home team to a 7-5 victory in the first game.
  • Annandale took close victories in games two and three, 3-2 and 4-3.

June Games
Annandale @ Green Lake 3x
Old 04-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #497
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Daytona Beach Pickleballers have been spending their seemingly "Whatever Happened to them"? time in limbo land due to the vagaries of the friends placement algorithms by using PP acquired points wisely.

Gil McDougal was a welcome addition at SS. In 95 at bats he is hitting .368, with 6 homers and 19 rbi's.. Not too shabby.

At 3am this morning backup catcher Mike Liberthal was sold, (Yeah, I am sure he wasn't thrilled this morning during coffee and reading the news) and Bob Boone acquired for about 1600pp. Boone moves into starting lineup, with Paul DeLuca assuming a strong backup position.
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #498
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Don't have time for a big write-up of Bluffton's month, but it was a major hit from last month! Lost all three league series 1-2. Next couple of days are going to pretty busy, both at home and at work, so may just let things ride, build up some points and try to pick up a stud player or two.

I didn't help myself by screwing up an opener-follower strategy for the 5th starter spot, but I have that cleaned up and it worked well for the last 3 starts of the month for that spot. I may use this season to try more experimentation with the pitching and the lineups.
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #499
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
At 3am this morning backup catcher Mike Liberthal was sold...
Heresy!!

Edit to say:

OMG, in re-reading this I realized I thought you sold Lavalliere (which would indeed be heresy). Selling Lieberthal, though, that's a horse of a different color. I withdraw my objection.

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-17-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: I r dumb
Old 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #500
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsta93 View Post
All of the live cards have been taken out of my lineups. Transylvania should be good to go now.
Careful...those guys like to come in spikes high...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS