Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #21
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

During playoff time - and still cant get box scores in time - I have been really really really patient but this is driving nuts. Barely have time to check my team and when I do I cant see the friggin boxscores ! Ive put WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to much time and money into this game for this to still be an issue - it's just become absolutely ridiculous. Will I keep playing and spending money..........................................???

Sigh.....of course
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #22
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Trying to check out my WS Game 4 and I can't even get into the game 30 minutes later.

Just got into another one of my teams, but not this one, so I guess it's on the wrong server.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-24-2019 at 10:01 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:53 PM   #23
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

So, I had to restart my computer in order to get that one league to load. Weird.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #24
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Man, I really hope they fix this one for OOTP20.

I dunno about you guys, but I grew up fanatically checking the box scores of my favorite team every day as a kid. This was before the internet, so I'm talking about literally reading box scores in the morning paper. That was my main connection to baseball for a while, and is what led me to love the statistical side of the game.

So now we've got OOTP, this AWESOME game that fulfills all of our baseball-stat-nerd dreams. We get a fresh bunch of stats every half hour! And we have the internet to distribute said stats immediately! It's a baseball stat lover's dream...

But. Honestly this bug where you can't look at your box scores/game logs/recaps after the game concludes is kind of ruining it for me. I thought it would get better as time went by, but instead it's gotten worse.

What is the point of all the awesome simulation if we can't check the results?
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
constantly doing this lately.

And I'm 4 boxscores behind now..........................
I see weekssssssss later this has not been addressed and people have given up discussing it.
It would be nice if the developers would chime in with a fix date.
FACEGEN priority # one i guess
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
constantly doing this lately.

And I'm 4 boxscores behind now..........................
still not fixed weeks later
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #27
atabakin
All Star Reserve

There was another thread posted today, and an active thread in the bugs forum, which is where bugs are supposed to be discussed.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #28
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't think continued complaining is going to get anything done when we've already been told they are relying on the server folks to get this improved. I suspect they are using a server farm, which also means the OOTP servers are just a few out of hundreds they support.

That said, I'm sure they want to get this resolved as quickly as possible and are invested in it daily with the server folks.

My boxscores seem to vary with the season. Early on, Mondays thru Wednesdays, I get them within a few minutes of the game. Later in the week progressively gets slower. I wonder if the sheer volume of the database size and file numbers eventually catches up to us.

Try and keep calm, I've gotten into a pattern of looking at the details 5 minutes before the next game when I'm at the computer. I'm sure they will continue to try and speed things up.

Last edited by HRBaker; 03-02-2019 at 06:21 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #29
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We're really sorry for this, but so far we were unable to resolve this because we are at the mercy of our CDN provider here. It seems on Staturday and Sunday the total number of files has grown so huge that the CDN provider has trouble scanning & uploading everything in a short time.

For OOTP 20 we will have a different system which will be super fast and this problem will be history. But the system is still being implemented. Once it works in the OOTP 20 beta we will transfer it to OOTP 19.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #30
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Not being able to see the boxscores during the playoffs really really stinks. I really hope this is fixed for ootp 20 really do because this is leaving a sour taste - when you get behind sometimes three boxscores DURING THE PLAYOFFS!!! wtf
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #31
Stacopanks
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Trying to check out my WS Game 4 and I can't even get into the game 30 minutes later.

Just got into another one of my teams, but not this one, so I guess it's on the wrong server.

Have had this so many times today. Have to close down whole ootp program and start again but even then sometimes I still get the error for a few times. Frustarting
Stacopanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #32
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I was just about to buy about $10000 worth of PP and I got the new file notification for download. I clicked it and got an error and it kicked me out to the start screen. Then I clicked on Play PT and it gave me an error about not being able to download and please restart the game. So I restart the game and still get the same message.

It's unfortunate because PT just lost $10000 because of that error.

(just joking about the money, but still)
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote