Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-22-2017, 12:06 AM   #1
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

MLB Manager Support

Fellow players,
I am writing this because I am honestly tired of seeing negativity on this board about what is in the game and what isn't. If you're anything like me (spending my childhood collecting cards, playing dice baseball with my favorite teams on days during the season or other baseball board games) you truly need to take a step back and thank OOTP for putting this game out there. In it's purest Form this is baseball. The game we all love. Let's not forget that when we make our requests. Yes, there may not be as many man hours devoted to this as we would like but think about this for a second. There is NOTHING like this on the current market for baseball. We have this locked up. We have the opportunity to boast like others do about Football Manager for mobile. There is nothing like baseball, picturing the swing of Paul Monitor or Robin Yount golf swing at the plate lacing a double to the gap (yes I am a Brewers fan).
In short, remember what you love about baseball first and foremost. In my opinion everything else is secondary that gets added to this game right now. Stop the complaining and support the game you love. For such a great price that takes brings back nostalgia for many of us. Think about why you live the game of baseball first and go enjoy what we have.
Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
wodi
All Star Reserve

MLB Manager Support

As one of the people spreading some negativity, I agree with your post 100%, and I am very thankful for this game.

As I have prefaced in many of my posts, I don't know the inter workings, I don't know how much revenue this game actually brings in for the company; I assume not as much as the other games. So while I complain, I do understand why this game has the attention it does and I don't fault the company for that.

A lot of my negativity, like everyone else, is rooted in frustration. I see the world changing around me and seeing mobile devices change and improve rapidly. I see myself, who once was always on his laptop, now just using my iPhone to handle most of those tasks. MLB manager is hands down my favorite thing on my phone, and I love and will support the company no matter what. I have even offered to make donations.

I just feel like I've been playing the same game for a couple of years, dealing with the same (in my opinion) flaws. I just see ootp and I wish some of those pieces could be worked into our game.

All of my posts are meant to help the game, to give my ideas and my opinions. My support will always be there.

Last edited by wodi; 03-22-2017 at 09:54 AM.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The 2 preceding posts cover my thoughts pretty well. I would like to add, that most of the complaints aren't because the game isn't loved by fans. Its adored by those complaining. We just want to see the love reciprocated. Perhaps a kickstarter type campaign would be the best. It would accurately show the demand for this type of game, and raise the capital to implement much needed modernization of the game. I for one would donated. I think OOTP would be surprised at how many playerswould do the same.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
mlefkee2
Minors (Single A)

Promises

I would like to add that promises have been broken. We were promised an overhaul of the base and that was now pushed out. They should at least add something substantial...I am very disappointed once again.
mlefkee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

MLB Manager Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlefkee2 View Post
I would like to add that promises have been broken. We were promised an overhaul of the base and that was now pushed out. They should at least add something substantial...I am very disappointed once again.

It's OK to be disappointed but why do you need something "substantial?". There is no other game like this one on the mobile market currently.

Last edited by Wisnoodles; 03-22-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #6
mlefkee2
Minors (Single A)

Because

It was promised there would be an overhaul...it would've been nice if they said there will be minor changes this year and next year there would be an overhaul.

They promised something and didn't execute
mlefkee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Edster007
All Star Starter

I don't really view the posts as negative, I view as people who really love the game and are passionate about it. Yes, there has been speculation as to why some feel the game has been supported (or not) the way it has and discussions of what people would like to see added. Several have sympathized that yes the devs need to earn a living. Negativity wouldn't bring that out.

Those of us who still come here on a regular basis (that number has dwindled over the years) are crazy about this game so I see their passion for it coming it through.

This is simply my opinion, meaning no disrespect to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #8
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I don't really view the posts as negative, I view as people who really love the game and are passionate about it. Yes, there has been speculation as to why some feel the game has been supported (or not) the way it has and discussions of what people would like to see added. Several have sympathized that yes the devs need to earn a living. Negativity wouldn't bring that out.

Those of us who still come here on a regular basis (that number has dwindled over the years) are crazy about this game so I see their passion for it coming it through.

This is simply my opinion, meaning no disrespect to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your opinion. When this year's game comes out I think we all should ban together and help promote it on our social media networks. Let's be the marketing voice for MLB Manager. (I working marketing for a living). Maybe build a Facebook Group?

Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #9
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnoodles View Post
Thank you for sharing your opinion. When this year's game comes out I think we all should ban together and help promote it on our social media networks. Let's be the marketing voice for MLB Manager. (I working marketing for a living). Maybe build a Facebook Group?

I've beat you to it, I created an instagram account 2 weeks ago to try to promote it.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #10
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Share the link

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #11
wodi
All Star Reserve

@mlb_manager
Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #12
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnoodles View Post
Fellow players,
I am writing this because I am honestly tired of seeing negativity on this board about what is in the game and what isn't. If you're anything like me (spending my childhood collecting cards, playing dice baseball with my favorite teams on days during the season or other baseball board games) you truly need to take a step back and thank OOTP for putting this game out there. In it's purest Form this is baseball. The game we all love. Let's not forget that when we make our requests. Yes, there may not be as many man hours devoted to this as we would like but think about this for a second. There is NOTHING like this on the current market for baseball. We have this locked up. We have the opportunity to boast like others do about Football Manager for mobile. There is nothing like baseball, picturing the swing of Paul Monitor or Robin Yount golf swing at the plate lacing a double to the gap (yes I am a Brewers fan).
In short, remember what you love about baseball first and foremost. In my opinion everything else is secondary that gets added to this game right now. Stop the complaining and support the game you love. For such a great price that takes brings back nostalgia for many of us. Think about why you live the game of baseball first and go enjoy what we have.
Rant over.

I understand where you are coming from. I too enjoy this game because it's much easier to access on the IPHONE or android phone or other device rather than starting up a computer. But like some of the other posts mentioned, the game is not getting the full attention needed. OOTP is the Golden game, MLB Manager is a Celeron version or byproduct.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote