Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #121
StanfordBerkely
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
For the classic skin in OOTP 17, I felt the need to create a custom top_background.png that went well with the other wood grains of the skin but also allowed logos and player pics to stand out better. Dark colored logos especially. For pics, this was even more important in that I was playing historically, with sepia and black and white player pics. The default top_background.png was too dark for this purpose and the ballpark crowd scene in it did not help.
What file did you paste those images in? I'd like to make my own custom skin.
StanfordBerkely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #122
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see a drop down of all teams from the modify uniforms/colors screen.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #123
rylinus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1) Did you like the OOTP 17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved?
I really liked this and hope it all stays the same.

As some others suggested:
- It would be terrific to unhide all the coaching info so you don't have to manually scroll through each one. It would also be great to somehow hide or mark coaches you are not interested in so you don't accidentally keep checking them year after year. Perhaps some kind of simple color scheme can be offered so, for example, if you highlight a coach in blue, you are interested and if you highlight the coach in red you are not. Even having just 4-5 colors that you can make up your own system for would be great.
- I really liked the idea someone put forth to have coaching interviews. This could be an added feature of strength/weakness for the scouts, GMs, Assistant GMs, Owner and Bench Coach. In real life, the qualities of a coach are definitely relative to the personalities of those reviewing them - there are not just flat values for coaches across the board. Perhaps, like scouts do for players, each member of the coaching team could have a short reaction to the interview that you can compare to the others and assess. This would definitely be better than "reputation" which seems to be based on nothing other than winning.
- I also liked the idea someone put forth to let us see the ratings from our scout and the OSA ratings.
rylinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #124
rylinus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It would also be great to be able to see some of the feature of commissioner's mode for all teams. Market size, for example, would be something useful to know for all teams.
rylinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #125
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Something I've asked for for years is a feature where you can select player strategies right there on the strategy screen instead of going back out to the roster and picking another player. I should just be able to go up and down that roster line on the "strategy" screen and not have to jump out and in all the time for any player on that roster. Or at least put selection arrows in the top right like you have on the main roster page. So it goes forward or backwards to another player.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #126
athelas
Bat Boy

When I add a lot of columns in viewing player search, free agents or draft pool, first few Current Salary and Demand tab gets hidden under adjacent column, so I can't really figure out how much they want or are paid. Please display salary like "$24.3M" and "$890K" something like this.
athelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #127
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to have the option to watch my team's games, too - preferrably to be able to choose between the speed options available for webcast.
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:12 AM   #128
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

This isn't interface as much as it is a "feature" request. Please fix the extension and free agent accept offers mathematical formula to be more realistic and not accept these one sided offers of like 9 million for 5 years and 3800000 for the 6th year with team option so the player can just get them for cheap those 5 years he really wants the player and then just pawn them off on the AI for the high salary in the last year with that team option.

There needs to be a minimum gap between one year and the next and if one goes over it then the extension player or free agent won't accept it. Like say I offer 9million one year I can't offer 38000000 the next year with team option. Any high offers like that must always be player option or not allowed at all and only be maybe 5 million difference max. So an offer would look more like 9 million 1st year, 10mil to 14 mil 2nd year, 15mil to 19 mil 3rd year and so on and so forth.

Stealing good players for 8 to 9 years with cheap wages and then a 38000000 offer with team option that 9 to 10th year is just wrong.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #129
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

I know this is for the interface and I do not post often but is there a chance to get the WBC in the game for OOTP 18? I thought it would be cool every four years to get a chance to GM a country and pick players and play the tournament before the MLB reg season starts.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #130
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Might've been mentioned already, but the red color when looking at injury reports with the dark skin (I believe it's the dark skin) is difficult to view. I prefer the dark skin so would prefer to continue using it...

Any chance we could choose a different color or a lighter shade of red? I am admittedly colorblind however, so that might be a reason why it's more difficult for me to see.

Also, and you've mentioned this before being difficult but I figure why not give it a shot. If we could somehow keep the cursor at the player in the minor league systems page after viewing whether to promote or demote him that would be super helpful. It's great that we can demote/promote on the page using the quick click (I don't know the proper word) but then the cursor jumps and especially for multiple players this can be kind of a pain.

Could we perhaps have a mass select for promotions and demotions? Is that possible?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.

Last edited by DustinthePOWERHOUSE; 11-21-2016 at 11:11 AM.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #131
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Not sure if already mentioned but a score ticker in the RTS which includes games completed already woudl be rgeat.

Too many times in a league with lots of games on at the same time the game goes straight to the bottom of the list and when it's close in the 9th (say you're one down with 2 on and your best HR hitter at the plate) you don't know if you hit the winner or he struck out.

Even more important for online leagues who use the RTS feature and can only see what the commish is showing at the time.

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #132
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
we already get that
But what would be great is Vegas odds and over/unders
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #133
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
Not sure if already mentioned but a score ticker in the RTS which includes games completed already woudl be rgeat.

Too many times in a league with lots of games on at the same time the game goes straight to the bottom of the list and when it's close in the 9th (say you're one down with 2 on and your best HR hitter at the plate) you don't know if you hit the winner or he struck out.

Even more important for online leagues who use the RTS feature and can only see what the commish is showing at the time.

Yes, this! We use RTS extensively in my league and sometimes the end of the game is unclear.

I'd also like to add that the space to the left and right of the games be used. It could be used for another column of games or maybe recent scores and highlights of just that SL.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #134
P*Funk
Bat Boy

Along with lots of the suggestions here, I'd like to see colour coded shortlists but only as an optional so I can have it as is if I choose. I'd also like something to be done with copy/paste of lineups and depth charts to make it less onerous. Maybe a few buttons that simply past to other lineups rather than having to do the dance with the drop down and pasting twice. Having those out of a drop down menu would be ideal as well.

I really like the colours for this year in the UI. The overall scheme is excellent. If the main menu never changed again I'd be plenty happy.

For live playing of the games I'd like to see better hotkeys for things like shifts. Having to click through the drop down when I'm usually selecting the same 3 or 4 options (DP Depth, Shift Left/Right, Corners in) is just a waste of time. Obviously anything to make the 3D mode better would be enjoyed. I find watching Broadcast or webcast disorienting after getting accustomed to the 3D. I hope it gets better with every version.

In general though more hotkeys is better especially for the stuff that doesn't have them in live play.
P*Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:52 PM   #135
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I Apologies ahead of time...

I know this isn't an interface issue, but I've asked for I think 4 years straight now.... a way to export the game stories and news stories to either text or HTML between two dates. Feel free to move this where it belongs, but this would be terribly useful for newspaper creation.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:47 AM   #136
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

I think this might fall under interface suggestions. I was setting up a new league at the weekend when it came to creating the minor league teams I find it annoying that the affiliate teams are all randomised in different places. Maybe there is a good reason for this but I feel like the affiliate column on the team names should be structured the same as the majors by default and the user can change them if they choose to.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #137
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

1. Color scheme works, but I would add logos with white outlines for the dark skin.

2. Interface is good

3. Nothing

4. None

5. I use the default skin because logos show up better in it. The dark skin needs outlined logos. The dark skin is easier on the eyes and the color ratings show up best in this skin. I would love to use the classic skin but didn't like this version. I think multiple classic skins would be cool based o the decade maybe. Or a green or brown color scheme if not, like an old green scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #138
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

One more thing... the scoreboard should have a pitch count for when you manually play out games. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #139
SpaceMonkey13
Minors (Single A)

Remove infield and outfield shifts (or make them optional). Infield/corners in is a strategy, infield shifts are not. There's an optimal position and I'm not sure if my pitching s*cks because I don't know it as well as the AI.
SpaceMonkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:03 AM   #140
Charwinger21
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
3) What interface quirks would you like to see fixed / improved?
The back button.

My mouse has a forward and back button on it (very useful for navigating between pages), that normally works fine, but if the mouse is over certain areas on certain pages, instead of taking you back the game will glitch out instead, and leave you on the same page while changing the forward/back list.

I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but it is really annoying.

If you want more details, just let me know. I'm more than happy to help troubleshoot it if you would like.
Charwinger21 is offline   Reply With Quote