Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #101
Shucker
Minors (Double A)

Minor League Lineups

When setting minor league lineups, I would like it if there could be check boxes for the various configurations rather than the copy and paste to others.

For instance, when setting my minor leagues lineups, I want the same players to get experience regardless or pitchers being R or L. Therefore, the lineups I set for that week are identical. If I could just click both boxes for Lineup vs. R and Lineup vs. L I could accomplish both simultaneously.

Seems reasonable because capability for someone to set different lineups depending on the pitcher is not otherwise affected.
Shucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:02 AM   #102
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucker View Post
When setting minor league lineups, I would like it if there could be check boxes for the various configurations rather than the copy and paste to others.

For instance, when setting my minor leagues lineups, I want the same players to get experience regardless or pitchers being R or L. Therefore, the lineups I set for that week are identical. If I could just click both boxes for Lineup vs. R and Lineup vs. L I could accomplish both simultaneously.

Seems reasonable because capability for someone to set different lineups depending on the pitcher is not otherwise affected.
There's an option to "copy & paste" line ups and there's also an option for custom line ups that you can save. Not sure if you were aware of that but thought I'd mention it.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #103
mking55
All Star Starter

When a player comes off the disabled list, the screen you are at is the "disabled list" screen. You should be at the "overview" screen. If you are at the disabled list screen you have to go to the overview screen to move a player to the reserve roster so you can re-activate your injured player. It seems kind of silly to me. Why not just be at the screen where you HAVE TO GO TO.

In addition, if it's not against the rules of MLB (I don't know), be able to take a person from the disabled list (even if he is a major league player) and be able to dump him on the reserve squad. Now, I have to put a guy on my 25 man squad on the reserve squad and re-activate my disabled player to the active squad. Then I have to move him to the reserve squad and bring back the player I want. It's annoying. However, if that's a real rule in baseball, never mind. If it's not a real rule then let me activate the player wherever I want.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #104
pjh5165
Major Leagues

I would love to see a return to the old way of assigning jersey numbers so you can see what numbers are available and don't have to go into the editor every time
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 AM   #105
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
I would love to see a return to the old way of assigning jersey numbers so you can see what numbers are available and don't have to go into the editor every time
This
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #106
Shucker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
There's an option to "copy & paste" line ups and there's also an option for custom line ups that you can save. Not sure if you were aware of that but thought I'd mention it.
I am and I do use it over and over. Admittedly, this is a bit of a lazy sort of request, but it seems like a reasonably easy thing to do, just populate both vs. R and vs. L at the same time.

It has never made me feel like quitting because of all the work, but this does seem like the time to suggest something like this.
Shucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #107
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

I would like to see the news subscription settings taken off the News & Mail page since they are already on the Manager Settings page. This way, we can see more of the news items in our inboxes. The news page would look cleaner and there would be less redundant controls that way.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #108
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

On the in-game substitution screen in games with the DH is in play, dragging the current pitcher to a non-DH lineup spot, or setting a non-DH as pitcher, should forfeit the DH and set the current DH's defensive position to "none".
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #109
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

It's a small thing, but I'd like to see WAR return to Batting Stats 1 instead of having to go to 2.
JcBoscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #110
RchW
Hall Of Famer

We must be able to force the AI to use 4-man rotations in modern day playoffs. By the time AI teams get to the WS the top three SP may have started 3 or 4 times on 3 days rest. A human player using a 4-man rotation has a distinct advantage.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #111
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcBoscan View Post
It's a small thing, but I'd like to see WAR return to Batting Stats 1 instead of having to go to 2.
WAR is in Batting Stats 1 by default AFAIK. I just created a QS current day league to check what my other leagues show.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 09-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #112
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
WAR is in Batting Stats 1 by default AFAIK. I just created a QS current day league to check what my other leagues show.
When I downloaded one of the latest patches (7 maybe?) it bumped it to 2 for me. Maybe I somehow changed a setting, but don't think so.
JcBoscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #113
ZBGuy
Minors (Single A)

Apologies if this has been mentioned (or, I guess I'm just seconding it), but I'd like for column sizes in to be adjustable. When I'm looking at a player view, many columns either are too big (thus leaving lots of wastes white space) or too small (and I can't pull them open). Maybe include an option to always make columns fit when changing views and such.

Thanks
ZBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #114
jar2574
Major Leagues

It would be nice to be able to look at all personnel - both available and already hired - just like you can look at all players. I don't think a screen exists for all personnel right now.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #115
jar2574
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
We must be able to force the AI to use 4-man rotations in modern day playoffs. By the time AI teams get to the WS the top three SP may have started 3 or 4 times on 3 days rest. A human player using a 4-man rotation has a distinct advantage.
The same applies for games in the early 1900s. In the playoffs, the AI should adjust its rotation and have one fewer starter. So if it had a 4-man rotation, it should probably be a 3-man rotation in the playoffs.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #116
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

bring back the "CHANGE UNIFORM NUMBER" option instead of having to constantly edit the player(s).
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #117
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

When creating a new player with the Create New Player function, would like to see a button giving you the option of bringing up that player when he is first created, instead of having to click OK, look up the player in free agents, and then bring him up there.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #118
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
This is so important for a small item. Agreed!

RichW

Old 09-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #119
timrh23
Bat Boy

I have one small request...on the Draft Pick Negotiation page can we leave the "signed" players on the list and set the status to "Signed" and the "Negotiate" link greyed out? This allows me to review how many "Impossible" or "Extremely Hard" players I was able to bowl over with an offer
timrh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #120
airr233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there any way there can be a contracts page where we can see all time highest paid player for example?
airr233 is offline   Reply With Quote