Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #241
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know if this has been mentioned this year, but I'll have a go anyway. I would love the ability to see the complete player card while playing a game - rather than the truncated one which is missing their photo, number, and some other information.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #242
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Within the editor, it would be nice to be able to somehow see the hitting stats first for position players only, as opposed to for all players. For pitchers, it would be nice for the pitching attributes to either be above the hitting attributes, or on a separate tab that comes up by default if the player's position is set to SP, RP, or CL.

As I'm going through the editor to review hundreds of players, it's pretty convenient for position players, but a pain to go through the pitchers with all of the extra scrolling.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #243
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Putting scounting director with other team personnel

how about listing the scouting director with the other team Personnel? Seems strange the other coaches and trainers are listed together, but not the scouting director.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #244
greendiver
Major Leagues

Just finished a season where I played out a team's 162 game schedule using "sim until runner is in scoring position" Here are two interface suggestions to make that mode better.

1. A widget that shows the basic scoresheet results for each half inning on the gameplay screen so the user can easily see how the innings with no RISP unfolded, as well as quickly tell how a runner got to scoring position. When I play, I flip to the play by play scoresheet if a runner reaches scoring position to figure out how they got there. This widget would put that info on the game screen, help fill in the game story, and help me avoid having to stop to repeatedly pull up the scoresheet.

2. When a run scores on a triple or HR or when a runner is doubled home from first, I'd like the play to be shown. These are usually game changing plays, but right now, the runs just appear on the scoreboard without any drama and I read about them on the play by play scoresheet.

Last edited by greendiver; 01-06-2016 at 11:25 AM.
greendiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #245
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Adding the ability to input a shortlist as a filter on roster screens would be awesome, not sure if that counts as an Interface thought or not.

Use Scenario Example:

Now that we have multiple shortlists, I've created a "Top Prospects" shortlist, but if I can use that Shortlist as a filter to make sure I'm only dealing with them at first on my minor league depth charts, I can see at a glance whether I have any pitching staff or position player conflicts, say between two A-ball teams. Normally, it can get cluttered to try to keep track of my Top Prospects vs Possibly Useful Players vs Minor League Filler vs Trade Bait shortlisted-players when they are all always together on the roster screens, but a Shortlist filter would solve that for this situation.

Adding this as an option on the Trade Screen would also be awesome.

Last edited by JMDurron; 01-06-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added Thought
Old 01-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #246
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Hi, Im a massive English fan. I play my games out, all of them, but use the pitch till in scoring position. Because I play the games out, I was wondering if we could add more milestone watches in the text, things like, "With that double, or, he's one double shy of, tieing, taking over Stanton in second spot on the all time Marlins doubles leaderboard" You use some stats when theyre leading off in the first innings, but if there was a chance of cooporating more in, it would add to a truly wonderful game. Or even little pop ups, like on the tele, when some movement happens on a leaderboard.

Outside of that on the career leaderboards, there seems to be an awful lot of unused space next to the players names. Maybe you could put what team they played for at the time ? and one last thing.

I love the starts on the profile page, platinum slugger, all star, awards etc. Can this not be extended through the leagues?, and on their career stats page?, maybe a different colour for what league?

Thanks
wilkiburger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #247
desertnomad
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First and foremost, OOTP 17 needs a more user friendly and more functional online play. I would pay double for that..
desertnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #248
radiorosco
Minors (Single A)

It might be that this is already available, but I just don't know how to do it. I can't seem to update the roster for all teams and save it to use later. For example I keep my own roster and make tweaks every week or so for MLB The Show. Why can't we do that with OOTP?? Let's have a roster upgrade to the game, where I can save all kinds of rosters and simply load them to play with. Thanks
radiorosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #249
Jobermallow
Bat Boy

It would be nice to have a setting where you could see the upcoming free agent classes year by year in order to allow for easier planning of potential FA grabs. It could be as easy as adding a column for *Potential Free Agency Year* in the players list so that it could be easy to sort out potential players.
Jobermallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #250
JMDurron
All Star Starter

On the Waiver Wire screen, please add "Claim Player" to the list of actions that can be accomplished with multiple players selected. I don't think it makes sense to have to do 10 clicks instead of 2 clicks if I'm trying to claim 5 players simultaneously, for example. Just one set of right-clicking to have options, then left-click to claim player would be a big time saver for me.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #251
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

How about the players number here:

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  336.0 KB

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #252
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Ballpark editing

How about we allow the ball location & player faceplate screens to spread out and cover the whole available area of screen rather just a 640x480 mini-chunk in the corner? Too many of us have large monitors and can't adequately edit these items in such a small space.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #253
BM_Dawn
Bat Boy

I would love to see a "yearly league leaders" stats page in the history, along the lines of the above.. That was always my favorite way to take in baseball stats as a kid when reading the old off-line World Almanac..
BM_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #254
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

What about putting a PA column in batting game logs, between Result and AB?

(Also, the "vs _____" display in the top navigation bar should probably be "vs. _____" with a period per standard American English, but that's another story.)
Attached Images
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #255
doors11
All Star Reserve

could you let us change announcer pictures like you do with the editor for a bseball player..and maybe let us have a different announcer for each team
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #256
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors11 View Post
could you let us change announcer pictures like you do with the editor for a bseball player..and maybe let us have a different announcer for each team
Or, facegen up random announcers like you do for coaches. I'm sure someone could gin up a respectably subdued BNN* ballcap to put on them. Then, you could make it so one could load in a facegen of Ernie Harwell or Harry Caray for their own game.

* It's still BNN - Baseball News Network isn't it? Or did it change to something else?

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #257
BKL
All Star Reserve

I'd love to see a stats page or report to show various splits by team. For example, batting average w runners in scoring position for the Yankees, etc. Right now I believe those splits are only available by player.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #258
BKL
All Star Reserve

It would also be fun to have a report that shows records by game. For example, highest scoring game, most strike outs in a game, most hits in a game, longest game, etc.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #259
drksd4848
All Star Starter

When sorting through players based on their fielding position within the "List All Players" screen, could we sort by PRIMARY position?

I.e., When I want to see all the first baseman in the league, I don't have sort though a bunch of outfielders and infielders who played ONE game a first base.

Hope that makes sense...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:44 AM   #260
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Somewhere on the player card, I would like a statistic that shows the team's record with that player in the starting lineup. Would really help me understand the impact of certain platoon situations and injuries. thanks.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote