Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

League History...poof!

So I've been playing 19th Century since ootp11, I've never had this problem before and I am wondering if anyone may have had the same issue. I play the National Association league, in 1876 I then create the National League, delete the NA and move on. Only here, if I turn the game off (I do have to work) and then turn it back on all the history of the NA that was there before is now gone. All records, all teams, all managers, everything. Like I said, I've never seen this before and I am doing the exact same things I've done in previous versions. Can anyone help?
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't delete the NA, I'd rename it the NL and repopulate it in 1876. The bigger issues with those older leagues if memory serves is that if you want to run the Players' League, Union Association, and American Association, you're going to have to do some weird things to make them work (I think the first two you can more or less do by creating an independent league that has teams in 1884 and 1892 but is teamless in other seasons - I guess you could also make that your Federal League for 1914-15 if you get that far).

I *think* I've seen people say that you can't have a 2-league major league tier and then remove and later re-add the 2nd league, so that makes the time between 1893 (when the AA merged with the NL) and 1901 (when the AL was created) somewhat problematic. You can *still*, I think, just have zero teams in the AA league but the AI's going to have a lot of issues with scheduling during that time period.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #3
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

I've always been able to add/delete major leagues when the NA, AA, UA and PL come up. With league historys intact. Never have had to keep a league open and repopulate it, or keep a league open with no teams. I know the manipulation you need to do to recreate it 19th century ball and I've done it a dozen times, but all I want is my league history to stay put. It is frustrating because I've never had this issue before and when I first delete the NA all the league history stuff is there like always. The problem is when I turn the game off and then back on. As much as life is better with it, I can't keep ootp on all the time.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
Coxmeatsandwich
Minors (Triple A)

I lost the league histories of all my inactive leagues, and teams while converting to OOTP 16. I still haven't fixed my problem, but someone suggested to me that you send your league files to the developers to see if they can fix it.
Coxmeatsandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I wouldn't delete the NA, I'd rename it the NL and repopulate it in 1876. The bigger issues with those older leagues if memory serves is that if you want to run the Players' League, Union Association, and American Association, you're going to have to do some weird things to make them work (I think the first two you can more or less do by creating an independent league that has teams in 1884 and 1892 but is teamless in other seasons - I guess you could also make that your Federal League for 1914-15 if you get that far).

I *think* I've seen people say that you can't have a 2-league major league tier and then remove and later re-add the 2nd league, so that makes the time between 1893 (when the AA merged with the NL) and 1901 (when the AL was created) somewhat problematic. You can *still*, I think, just have zero teams in the AA league but the AI's going to have a lot of issues with scheduling during that time period.
There is nothing wrong with deleting a league. It will still show history.
In my ABF league i started in 1876 with the NL and added AA in 1882. in 1900 I merged several team into MLB and deleted the NL & AAA and history still showed up for both leagues. Also I have deleted multiple leagues in my EBL vs MLB universe and they still have history.
I have no clue what you said in the 2nd part.

When you created the NL did you go to Edit League Structure and move the NA teams to the NL?
I'll post some screenies from my ABF league soon.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:09 AM   #6
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

Thank you. It was mainly the problem when converting from 15. Nothing bad happened when I ran it in 16. Sort of disappointed. I have a whole made up/real life transaction list that plays out all 5 seasons of the NA. Took some time to do, and to see it die was kind of hard. I also have a transaction list for 1876 and 77 and didn't want to see that go to naught either.