Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Protected List

Hi guys I'm trying to start a league and am getting the message too many players on protected list. I am stuck I can't figure out how to make the list smaller. I know it is something real simple, but I guess I'm simpler. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
tictacktoe5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm going to make a bold assumption and say you're in the NHL. If that's the case, then I believe you are allowed 50 players to be signed to a contract and 40 unsigned prospects. My suggestion would be to try and buy out the rights of one of your signed players. Go to your Roster Overview and click the Contract Max tab. Right click the player you wish to buy out and look for the Buy Out Player option and left click. The player's contract will be bought out and he will no longer be part of the team. That should free up a roster spot for you.
tictacktoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #3
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictacktoe5 View Post
I'm going to make a bold assumption and say you're in the NHL. If that's the case, then I believe you are allowed 50 players to be signed to a contract and 40 unsigned prospects. My suggestion would be to try and buy out the rights of one of your signed players. Go to your Roster Overview and click the Contract Max tab. Right click the player you wish to buy out and look for the Buy Out Player option and left click. The player's contract will be bought out and he will no longer be part of the team. That should free up a roster spot for you.

Thank you that did the trick, I was stuck and was getting frustrated. Now I can actually start my league...
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
tictacktoe5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Glad I could help. Just a quick note when buying out players - you still have to pay the player some of his money (I think 1/3 of his salary), so keep that in mind when you want to buy him out.
tictacktoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

In this case, I wouldn't call it cheating to enable commissioner mode for a second, remove the player, and then continue. This problem happens with a few teams in the trade-deadline database because there are some cases (most frequently, when a player leaves an NHL farm team to go to/return to Europe in mid-season) where it's not immediately clear if the NHL team has retained their rights. Over the course of a real-life season, the combination of those guys plus new acquisitions bumps a few teams in the database over the 90-man limit on NHL reserve lists, and there's no way of telling who's not on the list anymore - even the sites that cover transactions in detail (capgeek, eliteprospects, etc.) don't provide that information, nor does the NHL itself (they know, they just don't publish it anywhere.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
geckon
Hall Of Famer

You can also just lapse some player's rights.