Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Big Train
Major Leagues

Returning player questions about mods

Hello,

I used to play OOTP quite heavily up to OOTP6. I have purchased the versions in between but not played them much. With the new release I thought I would start up a 1903 Historical League and try to get really immersed in the game again.

The problem is I can't find the mods I liked and was familiar with in the old days. Like the CATO utility (simulates baseball reference) and historical roster packs more accurate than the default. These mods were a big part of the fun of the game for me.

Do they or something similar to them still exist?

What current mods would you recommend for starting up a realistic non-fictional historical league in the dead ball era?

Also is there still a vibrant online league scene in OOTP? I used to love those.

Thanks
Big Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Train View Post
Hello,

I used to play OOTP quite heavily up to OOTP6. I have purchased the versions in between but not played them much. With the new release I thought I would start up a 1903 Historical League and try to get really immersed in the game again.

The problem is I can't find the mods I liked and was familiar with in the old days. Like the CATO utility (simulates baseball reference) and historical roster packs more accurate than the default. These mods were a big part of the fun of the game for me.

Do they or something similar to them still exist?

What current mods would you recommend for starting up a realistic non-fictional historical league in the dead ball era?

Also is there still a vibrant online league scene in OOTP? I used to love those.

Thanks
Here's what i could find for CATO
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/documentation/ootp11/index.php?page=cato_converter
Never used it so others would know more then I.
I am sure you know about Padresfan for mods, if not here's the link
Main

I haven't played much of my 1901 historical league as of late but all my jerseys and stadiums are 100% accurate.
I use Gambo's Former MLB & Early Parks and there are a few in Padresfan set that Gambo doesn't have and vice versa.
Also a stadium pack that I switched to is, hmm can't seem to find it but i attached a file from that set if ya can;t find it on here (it's not on Padresfan) i can email it to ya, but there is a thread for it somewhere.

For uniforms I recommend Gambo's 1901-2011 compilation

For logos I prefer Justafan's circular logos ( thread under mods) but Captain Walrus's on Padresfan has most if not all early logos and another great set is MLB logos 1900 - Present by athletics17 ( on padresfan and theres another which doesnt have a name attached it that is similar to Athletics17 set.
I also use the New York Times background vs the BNN which is made by Eddie Paxil under misc.
For BB Cards anything made by Klavier look for his thread under mods.

Here's 1 of the sample parks i was talking about, some that the has Gambo and Padresfan set do not have. If you prefer graphic stadiums the only set that has some old parks is MLB 10 The Show. I have Baker Bowl, Palace Of The Fans, some FL parks, Ebbets Field (Expos Remix) and a few otehrs from High Heat, posted below.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote