Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
thome25
Minors (Single A)

Mixed historical/fictional problem

Hi guys,

Tried something for the first time, a fictional league with historically imported teams up against fictional ones.

What I wanted was an international league, with teams from Asia in one league and the Americas in another. That's not really relevant but the point is that I've got MLB teams imported from 1955 competing against Japanese/Korean/Mexican etc teams that are fictional.

Problem is that despite it being a 1955 league with auto imported historical player creation modifiers, the fictional teams are way better than any of the imported ones. After five years of play, the (fictional) Latin American teams have owned their US counterparts. In an eight team division, two or even three imported MLB teams will routinely finish with 100 losses.

Looking at the overall player pool, it does seem that with the exception of a few studs (the likes of Mantle, Kaline, Snider, Banks) the good players are all fictional. That said, given the disparity in teams' records the gulf between fictional and real players is not as great as I would have expected.

I should perhaps add that I'm not importing historical rookies and that in initially setting things up I created the fictional teams first, ran an inaugural draft, and then imported the MLB teams to round out the league.

Has anybody had similar problems or know of any solutions? Any help would be much appreciated.
thome25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You might want to have a read of this thread to find out why your fictional players are so good.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-history.html
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
thome25
Minors (Single A)

Cheers bluenoser, that's interesting.

I've done straightforward fictional sims before and never noticed that phenomenon. Were these inflated initial players a problem in previous OOTPs too? I've mostly played 2007 and a bit of 9 and 10 and either didn't notice the problem or it didn't occur.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Well I've never noticed it either. I've played many fictional leagues "straight out of the box" without having odd records or other stats. I don't adjust anything in league setup that would affect these things either, so I'm not sure why it doesn't happen to me.

I'm not disputing what they are saying in that thread, just saying it's never been a problem for me.

I thought though, that it might be the reason for your fictional league dominating. Of course it could be something else or maybe it's nothing. Maybe 20 years from now your real teams will dominate.

Have you tried toning down the PCM's for your fictional players?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
thome25
Minors (Single A)

Not tried messing with the PCMs yet. Never like to do that if I can help it, the trial and error can get very time-consuming.

Will try the sim and erase trick first and see if that has an effect.