Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
felker13
Bat Boy

Custom Team Question

I am new to OOTP and was wondering if there is a way to play a seaon. A few friends of mine and I would like to draft teams of historical players (2011 Longoria, 1983 Ripken, ETC) and play them against each other in a league.

1. Is there a way to do this?
2. Is there a way to have control of all the teams and set the lineups?
3. Is there is a way to not have free agents or trades?

Please let me know how I can set this up. I appreciate any help on this!

Ryan
felker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felker13 View Post
I am new to OOTP and was wondering if there is a way to play a seaon. A few friends of mine and I would like to draft teams of historical players (2011 Longoria, 1983 Ripken, ETC) and play them against each other in a league.

1. Is there a way to do this?
2. Is there a way to have control of all the teams and set the lineups?
3. Is there is a way to not have free agents or trades?

Please let me know how I can set this up. I appreciate any help on this!

Ryan
1. Yes, you can import historical players. On the Free Agents page there is a button along the bottom for that.

2. Yes, just create managers for each team that are human.

3. Yes, disable finances and trading. Of course if all teams are human controlled there's really no need to disable trading, but it's there if you want to.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
felker13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
1. Yes, you can import historical players. On the Free Agents page there is a button along the bottom for that.

2. Yes, just create managers for each team that are human.

3. Yes, disable finances and trading. Of course if all teams are human controlled there's really no need to disable trading, but it's there if you want to.
Thanks so much! What type of league should I create? Historical or Fictional. I just want it to be a one year league.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felker13 View Post
Thanks so much! What type of league should I create? Historical or Fictional. I just want it to be a one year league.
Whatever tickles your fancy really. That's the beauty of OOTP, just about any league configuration/type/style can be created. The only limit is your imagination.

My suggestion (since you and your friends are doing this) would be to brainstorm between all of you and find some middle ground that you're all happy with, then create your league to suit that middle ground.

Also, if you get stuck with anything, don't hesitate to ask questions here, there are plenty of knowledgeable people willing to help.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
felker13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Whatever tickles your fancy really. That's the beauty of OOTP, just about any league configuration/type/style can be created. The only limit is your imagination.

My suggestion (since you and your friends are doing this) would be to brainstorm between all of you and find some middle ground that you're all happy with, then create your league to suit that middle ground.

Also, if you get stuck with anything, don't hesitate to ask questions here, there are plenty of knowledgeable people willing to help.

Thank you all for the help. We have our teams drafted already. A 16 team league with no minors would be perfect. I am still getting stuck on figuring out how to set up the league. We would like to play a single season with no other players other than the ones we drafted. If it isn't too much to ask can someone respond with step by step instructions on how to get it set up? Once I do it once it should be easy. I will also make a template of it. Thank you all for the help!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm not going to get into step by step, just too many settings to go through, but if you're just doing one season I would suggest setting it as a "Replay" league.

There are many options when setting up a league, many are self explanatory. Some are confusing. Try setting up what you can and when you get to a confusing part, then ask your questions.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Also, have a look through the OOTP 11 manual. A lot of it will be the same in 12.

OOTP Baseball Manual - OOTP 11