Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Something that might be fun would be a 'widget' like in statslab that would show the previous 5 bids. This code could be added to the website. I don't know if its doable, but its an idea.
Interesting. I will look into widgets and see how to impliment them.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

I've updated my first post. Changes and additions to the app are in red.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Something that might be fun would be a 'widget' like in statslab that would show the previous 5 bids. This code could be added to the website. I don't know if its doable, but its an idea.
Be great if this was possible, awesome idea.
I'd love a 2-layered widget able to display on a website as a scrolling ticker.
One layer showing the 5 auctions nearest to closing one at a time, and the next layer showing the 5 most recent bids one at at time.

Well, if that's possible, then maybe even add a 3rd layer showing the 5 most recent closed auctions.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #24
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Is the bank account able to be turned on/off?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is the bank account able to be turned on/off?
You mean to allow GM's to spend more money than they have? What would be the reason to turn it off?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #26
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
You mean to allow GM's to spend more money than they have? What would be the reason to turn it off?
We don't really use the 'budgets' the game gives us in the BBS. We have gate revenue, a set Media number, and a Merchandising number that we edit the game's number to at season's end. We make x amount of money each season and know what we can spend without the app handcuffing us.

Consequently, the game says we have way more cash than we can actually spend.

I want to use this for our FA auctions, but if its going to put me in a box, I won't be able to.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #27
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We don't really use the 'budgets' the game gives us in the BBS. We have gate revenue, a set Media number, and a Merchandising number that we edit the game's number to at season's end. We make x amount of money each season and know what we can spend without the app handcuffing us.

Consequently, the game says we have way more cash than we can actually spend.

I want to use this for our FA auctions, but if its going to put me in a box, I won't be able to.
Ah, I see. We also don't use the in-game budget in our league. We have a tiered Media Revenue system that is based on the number of wins in a 5 year period. Then we add that plus in-game cash and the budget room number to arrive at the total $$ that teams are allowed to spend in free agency. Then that number is input manually into the app in the Manage Users page of the admin cp.

What having that number input means, is that calculations can be done for each GM showing how much money he has total, how much he has tied up in leading bids(and closed bids) and how much he has left to spend. The app also calculates whether a team has enough free $$ to place a counter-bid. If the team does not, the app will not allow that team to place that bid. So in a sense, we want to tie hands when money runs out or is tied up in leading bids.

So basically you can easily disable this by allotting like, say, $300,000,000 to each team. Calculations are still done, total spent still shows but they would be allowed to place bids even when, in fact, they are out of money according to your unique budget rules.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #28
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar25 View Post
Be great if this was possible, awesome idea.
I'd love a 2-layered widget able to display on a website as a scrolling ticker.
One layer showing the 5 auctions nearest to closing one at a time, and the next layer showing the 5 most recent bids one at at time.

Well, if that's possible, then maybe even add a 3rd layer showing the 5 most recent closed auctions.
I'm not at all good at widget stuff but I did what I could and added a small 180 pixel width file to the app that calls the latest 5 bids from the database. Then an "I" frame anywhere on your website can display the latest 5 bids...kind like a widget.

Latest 5 bids is the only one available at the moment. I could possibly add other sorted lists as well but I will play with that later.

EDIT: Latest version, 1.0.3 includes this. If you need the code to add an I frame, let me know. It's really simple.

Last edited by f.montoya; 01-25-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #29
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

thanks for the great utility, the MTBL (mtblonline.com) is going to use this for the first time this offseason, should be fun
griffeyin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #30
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffeyin98 View Post
thanks for the great utility, the MTBL (mtblonline.com) is going to use this for the first time this offseason, should be fun
Give me a day or so before you install. I have an update that includes more sortable columns and a more focused bidwatch page.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #31
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

By the way, we just finished our first offseason using FaAuction. The only issues we had were a few accidental bids with extra zeros but those were quickly fixed by the admins.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #32
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

Quote:
Give me a day or so before you install. I have an update that includes more sortable columns and a more focused bidwatch page.

any chance of being able to link to the players reports page? That's the big thing I've thought of since messing with it. We've got a week or so before we start out auction, so I'll make sure and get the newest one and reinstall.

We're giving all teams a free release because of our salary cap dropping this season, so we're auctioning off all the players that have been released as a test of the system to see if we want to go further with it next season.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #33
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
any chance of being able to link to the players reports page? That's the big thing I've thought of since messing with it. We've got a week or so before we start out auction, so I'll make sure and get the newest one and reinstall.

We're giving all teams a free release because of our salary cap dropping this season, so we're auctioning off all the players that have been released as a test of the system to see if we want to go further with it next season.
The newest version provides the ability to add links to the tool's home page via the Admin panel. For instance, I have my tool setup with links to my forum, logos/unis, stadiums, league home page, and league reports.

At the moment Fidel is developing a timer function. One issue we had with our first go-around was that owners within different time zones had issues with figuring out the various 24/48/72 hour deadlines associated with the system....requiring quick math by an owner to figure out when a deadline was approaching.
So Fidel is going to add a timer which will announce all deadlines in real-time.....or at least I'm pushing for this.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

Quote:
The newest version provides the ability to add links to the tool's home page via the Admin panel. For instance, I have my tool setup with links to my forum, logos/unis, stadiums, league home page, and league reports.

At the moment Fidel is developing a timer function. One issue we had with our first go-around was that owners within different time zones had issues with figuring out the various 24/48/72 hour deadlines associated with the system....requiring quick math by an owner to figure out when a deadline was approaching.
So Fidel is going to add a timer which will announce all deadlines in real-time.....or at least I'm pushing for this.

Sounds good, I was hoping for a way to add a free agent and link to his player page in our online reports, would be a nice feature for viewing a players ratings and such when decided on a bid.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #35
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

Quote:

So it'll just say how much time is left instead of saying the deadline is 02/14/11 at 7:55pm ? Seems like a good way to do it
Old 02-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #36
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sounds good, I was hoping for a way to add a free agent and link to his player page in our online reports, would be a nice feature for viewing a players ratings and such when decided on a bid.
That would be pretty sweet. But I don't see a way it could be accomplished within bulk player additions.

For instance, as it stands now in order to add free agents you open up the free agent list in game, click on 'report' in the lower right, and write the report to disk. Then you copy and paste that player list into a csv file which can then be uploaded into the tool (more instructions involved but that's the gist of it). Pretty fast process for such a huge task, as in most cases you would be adding well over 50 players and would never want to type them all in.

I suppose it might be possible to include one line of basic information on each player, but it would be limited to what is displayed by the drop down bar listed on the free agent page (default/batting ratings/batting potential, etc, etc), since that is what is copied and pasted.
But it's not really worth it since an owner would want the full player report instead.

When adding players one at a time, it's possible to provide an area to include a link to each player's report -- however, that would be really time-consuming to go one at a time through a list of 100+ players while you copy and paste their player links into the tool each free agency....versus uploading a csv file within 5 minutes and having each owner open up the reports in a different window.

Quote:
So it'll just say how much time is left instead of saying the deadline is 02/14/11 at 7:55pm ? Seems like a good way to do it
Yeah, I'm hoping it will essentially be a stopwatch which starts when free agency begins (the admin selects a starting time), while announcing the current conditions:

For the first 48 hours, it will have a heading 'Period Of Intent, Auctions Close 24 Hours after last bid' or something.
After 48 hours, it will switch to 'Period of Intent Complete, Auctions Close 24 Hours after last bid',
After 72 hours, it will switch to 'Period of Intent Complete, Auctions Close 12 Hours after last bid'

Last edited by pbar25; 02-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

we're doing a limited number of players for our first auction, so it'll be 24 players max the first go around and then we'll see what we think and go from there if everyone likes the system. (feedback so far is great)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #38
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

Quote:
any idea when this new version will be ready? we're scheduled to start this saturday.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #39
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

That would be pretty sweet. But I don't see a way it could be accomplished within bulk player additions.

Wouldn't you just make a 3rd field in the sql for url the same as it does for Name and position? You'd then have to add that field everywhere you wanted the link. But you would still have to manually put it into your csv file for the players you wanted though
Old 02-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #40
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

what do you guys do in your league about contracts that aren't equal in years? like if I'm the leading bid with 15 million for 5 years, and someone comes along and bids 16 million for 1, his bid is now leading?