Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 07-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

OK Looked at your nations file. The Endor line is missing a field. You have 19 fields and you should have 20. It looks like you tried to use the USA as an example. There should be 4 zeros between 27 and 123. You only have 3 zeros.

Fixing that should allow Endor to show.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #22
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Looked at the cities file. I can only see entries for Endor City and Glenbard. They are at the end of the file. They must be in alphabetical sequence, so the records must be inserted in the correct location in the file.

BTW due to the size of the file you may experience a buffer problem depending on the size of your machine. Just makes things frustrating at times.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #23
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
.dat file? help.... i am making my mods to the city txt file. what dat file do u mean?

ok which .dat file i found 2 saved games - MLB vs EBL - nations2

then again in teh auto save folder.

what do i do? just delete them?

why isnt there a cities folder?

ok the only .dat file that i think u r talking about is under saved games "MLB vs EBL" nations2 when i click open it seems to open it using notepad and to me is unreadable?
Ok, follow along here. When you create a new game, OOTP takes your cities.txt, first_names.txt, names.txt, nations.txt, weather.txt files and creates .dat files(world.dat, etc.). This is where the game draws it's information for the leagues you create. You can make changes to your cities.txt file, but ,if the game is still using the older .dat files, those changes won't show up. I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me that you're making changes to your cities and nations and trying to apply them to a "saved game" you already have in progress. The changes to your cities aren't going to show up in that case. You would have start a new game to see those changes.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
Looked at the cities file. I can only see entries for Endor City and Glenbard. They are at the end of the file. They must be in alphabetical sequence, so the records must be inserted in the correct location in the file.

BTW due to the size of the file you may experience a buffer problem depending on the size of your machine. Just makes things frustrating at times.
my machine is fairly good dell AMD athlon 64 X2 dual 4200+ 1.79 GHZ 1.93 RAM 220 GB harddrive

its fast enough to watch netflix movies online and play most games with the exception of San Andreas.

i must have posted a different cities file the 1 I have shows Glenbard and Endor City in alpabetical order... i fixed teh problem with ENdor as a nation
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #25
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross11 View Post
Ok, follow along here. When you create a new game, OOTP takes your cities.txt, first_names.txt, names.txt, nations.txt, weather.txt files and creates .dat files(world.dat, etc.). This is where the game draws it's information for the leagues you create. You can make changes to your cities.txt file, but ,if the game is still using the older .dat files, those changes won't show up. I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me that you're making changes to your cities and nations and trying to apply them to a "saved game" you already have in progress. The changes to your cities aren't going to show up in that case. You would have start a new game to see those changes.
ok thats what i thought after reading alot..

Started a new FBL i have Endorian + flag + endor City & Glenbard working

I am gonna now sit down and write down each city for each of my nations and match them up with US Cities and add them to the cities.txt

but i also created Endor City and Glenbard as US cities those dont show up why?......not sure if i care? i will repost Cities and nations once i think i have them complete can ya check them for me when i am done? prob monday at the earliest.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #26
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
but i also created Endor City and Glenbard as US cities those dont show up why?......not sure if i care? i will repost Cities and nations once i think i have them complete can ya check them for me when i am done? prob monday at the earliest.

Do Endor City and Glenbard have the USA country code (206), or the country code of your new country?

I will be happy to look at your files when they're done; as will (probably) Bristolduke and others. Very helpful community here (for the most part).

albatross
Old 07-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #27
Chicagofan76
Banned

they have counrty Id of 229 for Endor
Old 07-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #28
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
they have counrty Id of 229 for Endor
So that's why they won't show up as US cities, right?

albatross
Old 07-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #29
Chicagofan76
Banned

i have Endor showing up plus the 29 cities i have put in so far 300 more to go for Endor

12 for Coruscant and 25 for the 15 other planets i am using.

i am only putting in each city for each of my MLB,AAA,AA,AA teams plus any other uniques city for any Endorian born players.

plus only using main cities from wookiepedia for my other planets.
which thankfully provides pop and i think lat and long
Old 07-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #30
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross11 View Post
So that's why they won't show up as US cities, right?

i dunno i dont know why they r not showing up also for US cities but since i have them working for endor i am gonna continue that path i chnaged my Ednor flag from modern us flag to what many call the Confederate flag which is actually Georgia Southern army flag of confederate states or something to that affect.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #31
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

FYI, the next release of the OOTP Companion Utility will allow you to edit cities in existing leagues.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
Chicagofan76
Banned

thanx when will that be released?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:48 AM   #33
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
FYI, the next release of the OOTP Companion Utility will allow you to edit cities in existing leagues.
That would be great!!!!!

albatross